More ways to get meat

hockeybrianboy

Would like to see animals or more ponds added into the game because right now the only reliable way to find meat in the game is when it respawns in fridges or the few ponds there are in the game. Yes you can trap but as most of you would agree the % change to succeed at trapping is so low few bother to do it and those that do don't get very good returns.

You can get enough food from farming so it's not like it's broken or anything, but I feel like it would expand the game and give you something new to do if you could even just hunt animals (or maybe even breed them).

You do realise they plan to add animals, and lakes and rivers? Have you also realised this game is in progress, and there are many things they haven't added but plan to add? Check the commonly suggested list please, helps a bunch.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions/?hl=%20confirmed

Would like to see animals or more ponds added into the game because right now the only reliable way to find meat in the game is when it respawns in fridges or the few ponds there are in the game. Yes you can trap but as most of you would agree the % change to succeed at trapping is so low few bother to do it and those that do don't get very good returns.

You can get enough food from farming so it's not like it's broken or anything, but I feel like it would expand the game and give you something new to do if you could even just hunt animals (or maybe even breed them).

I've got some meat for you.....

No but in all honesty i think adding more food to the game will add to the all common issue of food and water are waaaaaaay to abundant.  UNTIL THEY FIX THAT of course. There is no threat of lack of food or water.  Every server ive ran puts food on teh lowest spawn settings and i set food to spoil extremely fast, and i can still go through house after house and find stockpiles of food and such

They could simply reduce the amount of food you get from other sources so you get the same total amount of food, just have to get some of it via a new method. And I work close to 60 hours a week I barely have time to play, def don't have time to scour dev forums for hours on top of that.

Do we know if its required to eat both vegetables and meat yet?

Unless you require different kinds of foods, this many sources makes it a nonissue

that's a "no" for the current builds (both stable and IWBUMS branch) but there's been talk of having a more complex diet system. Not much details tho. I do remember EP (or lemmy maybe?) mentioning they don't want you to be able to feed off of chips for weeks without consequence.

When murdering animals for their meat is inplemented, please don't try and balance it so that we only get one cut of meat and a bone and maybe some hide. There should be a whole animal to make use of.

I agree. Perhaps make it hard to find a large source of meat and process it in time. Have a hunting/butchering skill to increase likelyhood/decrease time to prepare the meat. Processing and preserving meat should take a good deal of time for a lone amature. Not to mention blood attracts zombies...

Do we know if its required to eat both vegetables and meat yet?

Unless you require different kinds of foods, this many sources makes it a nonissue

that's a "no" for the current builds (both stable and IWBUMS branch) but there's been talk of having a more complex diet system. Not much details tho. I do remember EP (or lemmy maybe?) mentioning they don't want you to be able to feed off of chips for weeks without consequence.

I remember RJ mentioning their intention of implementing something a bit more complex without adding too much micro-management. That was in the past mondoids, the APZDTISA ones. Link !