Player Crafted Door in Pre-existing Door Frame

CaptKaspar

I can not build a door for a pre-existing door frame.

Is this on purpose? Or is this something for the bug tracker?

I can build doors for door frames that I have built, but that is it.

Seems wrong.

I remember running into that issue long long ago...........as silly as it sounds, you'll need a sledgehammer to knock down the door frame, then rebuild the door frame.

Still waiting on stairs rotate in every direction.

Personally, I'm waiting for floating sky bases to not be a thing.......

Someone had a suggestion a while ago to basically add collapsing of buildings if the bottom level supports were removed, which would have a neat domino effect if a sky tower was not supported properly.

Personally, I'm waiting for floating sky bases to not be a thing.......

Someone had a suggestion a while ago to basically add collapsing of buildings if the bottom level supports were removed, which would have a neat domino effect if a sky tower was not supported properly.

This would be awesome!

If you implement that a griefer can just sledge down the bottom of your base and your whole fort will fall down while you are in it, if you are okay with that then carry on.

If you don't, you have flying buildings. What's wrong with someone breaking the supports to a house and it falling..?

Will probably never happen sadly. With the iso perspective imagine what south (bottom left = top) facing stairs would look like from the top floor. Literally invisible and covered by the floor tiles at the top. At the very best all you'd see is a hole if your lucky, it'd be completely invisible at worst. I imagine after 20 minutes of trying to figure out how to get downstairs in a building you'd feel different. It's a pain in the ass but hard to see how they could possibly be represented in game in an obvious way that wouldn't condemn our support team to a billion threads about getting stuck on upstairs of buildings :(

We've thought about this a LOT

It could just as easily be "griefers" as "Roleplayers following real life mechanics." Either way, if this gets implemented you'd have to learn to live with one moment looking in some crates and the next plummeting towards your death.

and what if you just left stairs rotating to player crafting and not use it for any houses in game?

Kinda off-topic but re: falling sky forts and griefing, how about making a special type of wall (more like a pillar, really) that has very high hp? One that would take a player 3 days of continuous sledging before he can break them. That way you'll have enough time to do something about the fooker trying to break down your fort. And make it a very loud activity so he can't do it 3 days straight without zombies coming for him.

May be a use for concrete too.

Seems wrong.

you have to build a player-made door frame on the non-player-made door frame then add the player-made door :) works for most cases. 

Seems wrong.

you have to build a player-made door frame on the non-player-made door frame then add the player-made door :) works for most cases. 

Is it a bug that you can build a door frame on top of the non-player-made door frame? I haven't tried this. Hopefully later tonight I can test this out.

This works fine as a work around until they get around to properly fixing the issue. I haven't found a sledge yet in my current game, so I haven't destroyed the non-player-made frame yet.

It could just as easily be "griefers" as "Roleplayers following real life mechanics." Either way, if this gets implemented you'd have to learn to live with one moment looking in some crates and the next plummeting towards your death.

It's also a player's choice to build a 'skyfort'. The risk of it being destroyed by a player might dissuade some people from making them in the first place. You wouldn't be able to knock down a house with the stairs destroyed very easily, only the 'skyforts' would suffer.

Sledgehammer breaks everything at the same speed as far as I know.

There are a lot of supports in a house though. So it would take a lot longer than a sky fort with a few supports.

You are right though if you are inferring that the speed of the sledgehammer destroying stuff is very fast and that it doesn't really matter how many you have since they can do it in like 30 seconds to a minute anyways.

Maybe the speed that a sledgehammer destroys objects should be increased?

Seems wrong.

Is it a bug that you can build a door frame on top of the non-player-made door frame? I haven't tried this. Hopefully later tonight I can test this out.

This works fine as a work around until they get around to properly fixing the issue. I haven't found a sledge yet in my current game, so I haven't destroyed the non-player-made frame yet.

It may be a bug/glitch, works on most pre-made door frames without removing the frame.  ^_^

Seems wrong.

It may be a bug/glitch, works on most pre-made door frames without removing the frame.  ^_^

worked in my game, so thank you for the tip!

I agree with the entire sky forts need supports thing. Yeah it will be easier for players to knock it down, but that's fine by me. Skyforts are insanely op against zombies anyways. I imagine it will be a risk reward thing, there's always a chance a player will come by and knock it down. It will make building a fort harder.

Maybe they could make it so that zombies will start to knock on the pillars if the hear noise in the sky fort? Just a suggestion.

Archived