Using a crowbar to open doors and locked containers.

Necromatic_Corgi

+1 too.

Crowbars should allow to force open locked doors, with a sound penalty (thus attracting zeds) and the impossibility to lock them afterwards, maybe even close them.

And what about windows? Prying them open, less noisy than breaking them and you can actually shut them back but they wouldn't be as tough as before if zeds come headbanging.

We could go beyond crowbar. Screwdrivers and paper clips for lockpicking, bump keys, battery powered power saws, angle grinders and drills, glass cutters, credit cards, bolt cutters, propane-gas torches, explosives, thermite, c4 and god only knows what else. Each could be good at certain skills and with different amount of noise made in process.

It may seem excessive but also allows to make certain locations much harder to enter. It is already in game but for sledgehammer only.

There is a good number of suggestions about "break and enter" in this forum. Would be nice to integrate all those ideas in a single topic.

We could go beyond crowbar. Screwdrivers and paper clips for lockpicking, bump keys, battery powered power saws, angle grinders and drills, glass cutters, credit cards, bolt cutters, propane-gas torches, explosives, thermite, c4 and god only knows what else. Each could be good at certain skills and with different amount of noise made in process.

It may seem excessive but also allows to make certain locations much harder to enter. It is already in game but for sledgehammer only.

There is a good number of suggestions about "break and enter" in this forum. Would be nice to integrate all those ideas in a single topic.

good list you have there, seems that thermite and c4 may be out of reach but the others would work well.

"good list you have there, seems that thermite and c4 may be out of reach but the others would work well."

Praise Google, Your Master. 20 minutes of browsing and you are all set )))

its also the 80's in game so google isn't exactly around. it also would take a special job to use. most likely beyond an engineer. possibly an explosives expert or S.W.A.T officer.

"good list you have there, seems that thermite and c4 may be out of reach but the others would work well."

its also the 80's in game so google isn't exactly around. it also would take a special job to use. most likely beyond an engineer. possibly an explosives expert or S.W.A.T officer.

close...1993

Thermite, C4 and explosives most likely fit into the no OP weapons category on the Suggestions List.

though to be honest, i don't really see any need at all for Thermite. i may be wrong of course, but what actual use would we have for something burning around 2,500 degrees?

close...1993

Thermite, C4 and explosives most likely fit into the no OP weapons category on the Suggestions List.

though to be honest, i don't really see any need at all for Thermite. i may be wrong of course, but what actual use would we have for something burning around 2,500 degrees?

melting metal... i mean metal working could be a thing later?

close...1993

melting metal... i mean metal working could be a thing later?

oh god, please don't start that discussion.

metal working has had threads before that have gotten rather Unlovely, similar to Bullet Reloading topics.

both are rather divisive topics  among the community

but after watching this video, i had to question what Thermite would actually be good for in a Zombie Apocalypse. this was simply the first one that came up when i searched for Thermite on youtube