What about bicycles?

GinnieHazel

It's just a thought, but would bicycles be feasible in the game? You wouldn't be able to hold things or shoot while you were riding but if a real zombie apocalypse comes along I think the bicycle would see a big comeback.

Just a thought. Since noone else seems to have mentioned it. :-)

I don't see how vehicles are gonna work, can they go off roads? do they take damage? how do they manage with obstacles such as trees? what about sapplings. I don't see vehicles happening anytime soon. If anything it'll be a gimmick that lets you fast travel from point A to point B.

I don't see how vehicles are gonna work, can they go off roads? do they take damage? how do they manage with obstacles such as trees? what about sapplings. I don't see vehicles happening anytime soon. If anything it'll be a gimmick that lets you fast travel from point A to point B.

Aren't vehicles just that? A piece of machinery that lets you travel faster than your own human means from point A to B?

Aren't vehicles just that? A piece of machinery that lets you travel faster than your own human means from point A to B?

No, thats just called fast travel, not vehicles.

you don't know what they have in mind for vehicles in the game, none of us do. the Devs have not talked about that in any detail beyond saying that we will be having vehicles in the game. seeing as they HAVE said they are still trying to figure out some kind of streaming issue, i feel pretty confident in assuming that we will jump in our vehicle, behind the steering wheel, and DRIVE it to our destination.

trying to fast travel from somewhere in Fort Knox to a place in Louisville that you have never been too before would be pretty interesting, to say the least. and thats completely ignoring the FACT that fast travel from one spot to another completely destroys any chance of having a break down, or a gang of NPC blocking the road, or a mega horde that makes passing thru an area impossible. as in, killing off any chance of creating a better story for our characters

instead of trying to dismiss it as a mere gimmick, just chill out and wait for more info on vehicles with the rest of us.

Okay, so you are literally saying that vehicles are NOT pieces of machinery that let you travel faster than you can normally.

I think you've made all your points on everything you say very clear.

Okay, so you are literally saying that vehicles are NOT pieces of machinery that let you travel faster than you can normally.

I think you've made all your points on everything you say very clear.

I don't understand why i need to articulate that vehicles and fast travel are TWO different things. Look at witcher 3, Elder Scrolls 4 & 5, horses and sign posts ( fast travel check points), your labeling them as the same thing, why are you trying to give me dictionary.com definitions to a point which you have no grounds on.

I am a bit excited for this... finally my long runs between the two major cities won't take as long...

So many bikes to choose from... large wheeled cycles, unicycles, recumbent cycles, children cycles... Roller skates? Skate boards?

recumbentbike.jpg 

Candidly all this discrimination against our new zombie neighbors is undignified. Don't we welcome all here?