Walkable hills, working like stairs.

Sickle

Just look at the hill building in the reailyard. Hills and other geographic features could work like stairs. Cities could remain flat for the ease of house distributions, but the wilderness can change.

More hiding options, etc. If this is difficult to implement, then hills should block players to make certain constructions.

Just look at the hill building in the reailyard. Hills and other geographic features could work like stairs. Cities could remain flat for the ease of house distributions, but the wilderness can change.

More hiding options, etc. If this is difficult to implement, then hills should block players to make certain constructions.

I've thought about it, but it would look really weird if we made hills with the current sprites we have.

I've thought about it, but it would look really weird if we made hills with the current sprites we have.

Not at all. It worked for Age of Empires. Will work here.

I was thinking the same for a while, but then I realized there's no real gameplay value and that could be a pain in the ass to code with the character's view. Like you know the way 2nd floors instantly appear once you reach the top of a staircase, that would look pretty damn weird when climbing up-hill.

Also, there's no point to go on higher grounds as the "perceivable radius" around the character in isometric games is limited, you can't see further because you're higher or something.

As far as I'm aware, there's limitations with the engine that would make different levels of terrain difficult. Plus, currently stairs only have 2 orientations due to those same limitations. This means you'd only be able to walk up 2 sides of a hill.

Whether this changes only time will tell. Personally, I have no issues with the way things are.