[ANNOUNCE] Turn Based Zomboid Mod

lemmy101

• 5 weeks later...

I know this thread is a bit old but I just wanted to throw in my opinion that a turn-based combat system (even as a tickable option in the vanilla game) would increase my enjoyment of the game at least 10 fold. 

Not sure if I'll get hate or anything, because I see a lot of hardcore gamers with hardcore views here, but since my perspective is that of the less commonly represented group, here's to hoping I bring some sort of valuable insight (considering developers should want to make their games accessible to many types of gamers). Personally, the only Fallout I've played is 3 and I would not be able to get past lvl1 if not for the turn-based mechanically assisted aiming system. I just pain hate feeling panicked in a game. It's not that it's too difficult, the feel of it just totally puts me off to the gameplay.

I can love everything else about a game, but if the combat system scares me, I won't play it (thus my currently holding off on playing PZ until NPC groups are in, even though I've already purchased it). I know some people might say "suck it then, just don't play!" but that's just not helpful, for I want to. And so there. Sooo, all this to say, I completely support any options provided to reduce the sudden death panic explitive-inducing effects of combat systems for those who opt in.. like turn-based play. ^_^

• 1 month later...

This is kind of off-topic but I loved the new X:Com and the older turn-based RPG's... If you want a good turn-based RPG you should look up Eschalon: Book II. It's another retro styled modern indie game and it's pretty fun to play through a few times. Very hardcore and very old-school. Lemmy you seemed pretty stoked while you were talking about X:Com/fallout so I'm just adding this as it's kind of similar to Fallout and you might like it.

I don't know if I'd really enjoy a turn-based system in PZ, in all tactical games like fallout, X-COM etc.. you needed the turn based system to plan your movein a way to simulate various actions acting together and to decide tactically what to do. Problem here is that you MUST NOT HAVE the option to 'plan', you have to shit your pants when a zombie crawls out of a closet, you have to panic: fight or flight reaction like in the nature, that's the strongest point of the action in this game. With the auto-pause system you remove almost any dose of panic and struggle this game has to offer, especially since you would always do a 'move-attack' action every turn since you don't have any sort of special spell or ability like in the aforementioned games.

I don't know if I'd really enjoy a turn-based system in PZ, in all tactical games like fallout, X-COM etc.. you needed the turn based system to plan your movein a way to simulate various actions acting together and to decide tactically what to do. Problem here is that you MUST NOT HAVE the option to 'plan', you have to shit your pants when a zombie crawls out of a closet, you have to panic: fight or flight reaction like in the nature, that's the strongest point of the action in this game. With the auto-pause system you remove almost any dose of panic and struggle this game has to offer, especially since you would always do a 'move-attack' action every turn since you don't have any sort of special spell or ability like in the aforementioned games.

This is a mod ^^

This is a mod ^^

Yeah but I have a compelling urge to express myself against the majority, I probably have some minor mental illness but at least I gave my two cents :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...