Looking for good RPG's. Any recommendations?

Kuukrow

I see The Witcher 2 and Baldur's Gate 2 in your list but not the firsts of those franchises ^^ You should get them they're worth it !

Also, Arcanum sits in my Top 3 RPG with Baldur's Gate 2 & Fallout 2. So I strongly recommend Arcanum.

Arcanum

Warlords Battlecry 3 (heavy on the RPG and RTS)

Sacrifice (light on the RPG side and heavy on the RTS)

Freedom Force and Freedom Force Versus the Third Reich

Mechcommander (RPG/RTS)

Might and Magic 6-8

Just to name a few games that haven't been mentioned

Haven't played it myself, but Captain Binky is into RPGs and he absolutely loves The Witcher series.

First you hadn't played pokemon, now you don't play -insrt the game you said you didn't play here-

Tut tut, what are we going to do with you?

Just kidding, we all love you just as much as we do Benky & Limmy.

Roguelike Screenshot - 

http://uploadpie.com/pbxu8

RPG Screenshot - 

http://uploadpie.com/7iklH

I'm amazed nobody has suggested world of warcraft. Best rpg of all time. Lol has the world gone crazy

I actually played WoW for a long time. But I was more looking for something to play more by myself than anything lol.

Jagged Alliance 2, It has a massive modding community to the point that the game is INCREDIBLY in-depth with customization, and rpg elements.

Will add it to the list :3

I see The Witcher 2 and Baldur's Gate 2 in your list but not the firsts of those franchises ^^ You should get them they're worth it !

Also, Arcanum sits in my Top 3 RPG with Baldur's Gate 2 & Fallout 2. So I strongly recommend Arcanum.

I will check out The Witcher 1 & Baldur's Gate 1. I was lucky enough to start this thread 30 minutes before a sale ended on a massive amount of D&D like RPG's so I did manage to also get Baldur's Gate 1 as well as 2 lol. I will look in to Arcanum as well.

Warlords Battlecry 3 (heavy on the RPG and RTS)

Sacrifice (light on the RPG side and heavy on the RTS)

Freedom Force and Freedom Force Versus the Third Reich

Mechcommander (RPG/RTS)

Might and Magic 6-8

Just to name a few games that haven't been mentioned

I've played many of the Might and Magic games, I just can remember which ones XD I'll take a look at the rest of them and see what I might like.

http://uploadpie.com/pbxu8

Roguelike Screenshot - 

RPG Screenshot - 

http://uploadpie.com/7iklH

I own every game in that Roguelike Screenshot XD. My steam library is nothing to sneeze at XD As for the RPG one, I'll check out some of the ones that haven't been suggested yet :D

And just as a general addition, I want to thank everyone again for giving me such great ideas! I probably have enough games to last me a month-ish! However, if you do manage to think of any more, I will always be waiting (because that doesn't sound creepy).

If you're into story, I'd also recommend looking into Alpha Protocol. It's a TPS/RPG hybrid à la Mass Effect and the gameplay is... not great, but it pulls off a reactive world better than any RPG I've ever seen. The plot branches so much that entire characters and storyline arcs might never show up in your game. You can compare playthroughs with a friend and find the two barely recognizable as from the same game.

Actually, any Obsidian game is a solid choice if you value good writing.

I'd argue that Baldur's Gate 1 is better skipped over. It's inferior in every way to the sequel: plot, characterization, game mechanics, exploration, interface. Plus, Baldur's Gate starts at level 1 (low-level play is hell in D&D), whereas BG2 starts around level 8 when you actually have some toys to play with and a buffer of HP to prevent instant party wipes. BG2 also explains the relevant information from the first game if you need it.

I've played BG2+TOB to completion half a dozen times, which is saying something considering it's anywhere from 50-200 hours long. I've never actually finished a playthrough of BG1; I always lose interest and quit somewhere along the way.

And damn you for mentioning Arcanum. Now I'll have the main menu music stuck in my head all day. Yeah, definitely add that to the list.

I'd argue that Baldur's Gate 1 is better skipped over. It's inferior in every way to the sequel: plot, characterization, game mechanics, exploration, interface. Plus, Baldur's Gate starts at level 1 (low-level play is hell in D&D), whereas BG2 starts around level 8 when you actually have some toys to play with and a buffer of HP to prevent instant party wipes. BG2 also explains the relevant information from the first game if you need it.

I've played BG2+TOB to completion half a dozen times, which is saying something considering it's anywhere from 50-200 hours long. I've never actually finished a playthrough of BG1; I always lose interest and quit somewhere along the way.

And damn you for mentioning Arcanum. Now I'll have the main menu music stuck in my head all day. Yeah, definitely add that to the list.

Yeah this is true, but I can't be objective on the first BG, got that sweet nostalgia I can't get rid off xD

I mean... c'mon.

shivers, shivers everywhere !

Spoiler

but yeah...

Still superior :D

Haven't played it myself, but Captain Binky is into RPGs and he absolutely loves The Witcher series.

First you hadn't played pokemon, now you don't play -insrt the game you said you didn't play here-

I've played Pokemon :D

I've played Pokemon :D

I swear I remember you mentioning something about lemmy or binky giving you a copy or something becuase they were shocked you hadn't played it.. (Seriously, I've brought up that podcast way too much recently)

If you liked Dragon Age, I'd recommend to give "Neverwinter Nights 2" (Not sure about the first one) a try.

Games are very similar in their fighting mechanics, although I'm not sure about the dialogue and relations system.

Edit:

Also, at the top of my personal favorites - "Vampire: The masquerade bloodlines"

If you liked Dragon Age, I'd recommend to give "Neverwinter Nights 2" (Not sure about the first one) a try.

Games are very similar in their fighting mechanics, although I'm not sure about the dialogue and relations system.

Edit:

Also, at the top of my personal favorites - "Vampire: The masquerade bloodlines"

I second Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines . . . I just started playing it yesterday for the first time and it's freakin' awesome! Also, one of the levels, was probably the scariest most immersive experience I've ever had with a videogame . . . Way scarier than any movie I've ever seen, I was literally talking to myself as I walked around the haunted house just to keep myself from turning the game off and going to bed. lol.

I second Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines . . . I just started playing it yesterday for the first time and it's freakin' awesome! Also, one of the levels, was probably the scariest most immersive experience I've ever had with a videogame . . . Way scarier than any movie I've ever seen, I was literally talking to myself as I walked around the haunted house just to keep myself from turning the game off and going to bed. lol.

IF you're running windows 7, you'll need to install a fan-made mod/patch to get it running.

Just saying.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived