Question about Build 29 *Sounds*

Johnny

I can already imagine the classic scene that everybody hate (or at least I do :P ): as much as I love dogs, if I should risk my life to save a dog, well... we all know how it ends usually XD

keep barkin' buddy. Just keep barking.

:D

If I saw a god getting surrounded by zed, the first thing I would do...

Is getting my hands on my mothafcking shotgun.

If I saw god getting swarmed by a hoard I'd definitely save him. Unless the zombies are bowing to him and he has a creepy smile on his face.

I was just wondering about the new sounds. I was wondering how frequent these sounds might be now that there's more of them.

It's just at first the barking dogs, overhead helicopter, man screaming, woman screaming will be great. But one of the key things about any apocalypse game is that the world needs to feel empty. Lonely. That's part of the horror.

I guess it applies when npc's come into the game too.

Basically if every other day I'm hearing people screaming and dogs barking and I'm bumping into npc's then is it going to feel... well, apocalyptic?

More of a question really on how it will all be balanced? Getting the balance between keeping us on our toes but also making sure the world feels dead.

If dogs ever do get added to the game, I will likely be dying even more quickly than I do already...

I love animals.  I've always said (and sadly I'm not exaggerating or trying to be humorous) that if I saw a man and a dog in the middle of a street with a semi-truck barreling down on them I wouldn't even have to think about my course of action.  I'd dive in front of the truck in a second to push the dog to safety even if that meant near certain death for me thereafter.  The human is on is own.

You see, unlike a person, animals (especially pets) never judge you, never gossip about you behind your back, never lie to you, never start arguments or make snide insults in your direction.  Animals never have a hidden agenda or try to pass off blame for their mistakes.

I have a little pet bulldog named "Chief" that I think of as my own child.  That dog has shown more love and compassion for me throughout the time we've been together than any human could possibly be capable of.  A few years back, I lived in house that a family member graciously allowed me to use without having to pay rent (I haven't been financially stable in a long, long time) while I worked at a local retail store to make what little money I could get by with.  I lived there alone, just Chief and I, for many years with very little social contact with the outside world.  If I ever had a stressful day at work, someone treated me badly, or I was just feeling depressed about my situation...  it didn't matter to me.  As soon as I walked through that door Chief was always ecstatic to see that I was home.  He was never irritable, selfish, rude, or just didn't have time for me.  It was obvious I was his entire world and he loved nothing more than to cuddle up next to me, no matter what I was doing, just to have the satisfaction of knowing I was near.

I love that dog more than anything else in the whole world and I wouldn't be lying if I admitted that were it not for him, I would likely have taken my own life on one of several occasions back then.  I honestly can't imagine living without the little guy and, though I'm careful not to verbalize it near family out of consideration for their feelings, I can honestly say that if anything ever takes him from this world...  I won't be far behind.

Sorry to post something so depressingly maudlin but I don't even like to imagine situations where innocent animals could come to harm and, even though I know its just a game, if dogs are ever implemented in PZ I know I'll be throwing myself in the path of innumerable hordes to protect imperiled puppies. :unsure:

Just more stuff to have insecure cat owners come over to my real life topics and shit + piss on dogs and turn the "I find german shepherds really cute" into a war zone. Just my thoughts here, at least give us dogs we can play with and train and help scavenge and all. I know I'm the cynical ass here but I just HAD to. 

*just to make sure, with insecure i mean the insecure guys. I'm not talking about generalizing any animal owner / fan here, I just guess the early death of my dog made me a little hateful and cynic towards these people. If you don't poison flesh or put nails into it to have dogs eat them and don't go around insulting dogs and all then don't feel targeted here.

You know, people, humans are animals too. And not all dogs are innocent just like all people are not innocent. Most "bad" people had bad things inflicted upon them when they were young. Same concept applies with animals; you beat a dog when it's a puppy, and he'll be a "bad" dog later on. So many people feel so little compassion for their fellow man, it's appalling. It's easy to love and accept someone that's kind, it's much more difficult to love or understand someone that isn't. Humans are capable of great things and our world would be a better place for every species if we just stopped taking things at face value.

Don't underestimate animals. There's more of all of them than there are of you.

Am I unrightfully selfish if I wouldn't go to any self-endangering lengths to save a person or a dog in either the speeding-truck or zombie crowd situation, particularly if they're being obnoxious and appetizing to the zombies or oblivious to the truck?

Spoiler
I have no idea why I feel this would improve the sum of what I'm trying to say but I also deeply cherish and love the different animals, including dogs, I live and have lived with and cannot bring myself to consistently think of them as living beings lesser than myself.

Don't underestimate animals. There's more of all of them than there are of you.

Am I unrightfully selfish if I wouldn't go to any self-endangering lengths to save a person or a dog in either the speeding-truck or zombie crowd situation, particularly if they're being obnoxious and appetizing to the zombies or oblivious to the truck?

Spoiler
I have no idea why I feel this would improve the sum of what I'm trying to say but I also deeply cherish and love the different animals, including dogs, I live and have lived with and cannot bring myself to consistently think of them as living beings lesser than myself.

I'm not sure if you're directing this toward me, but I do not believe other animals are "lesser" than humans. I do, however, have a strong affinity toward my fellow man compared to other animals.