Cooking Oversight

Moose65

So I just noticed that Radishes can't be used in ANY cooking recipes, and this seems like a big oversight.

They should be able to be roasted, put in soups, salads, stews, etc.

Edit: Strawberries could use some love to, I haven't tried but according to the wiki they can't even be added to the cake recipe but berries can? I think it would probably make sense if you could add them to salads as well.

So I just noticed that Radishes can't be used in ANY cooking recipes, and this seems like a big oversight.

They should be able to be roasted, put in soups, salads, stews, etc.

Edit: Strawberries could use some love to, I haven't tried but according to the wiki they can't even be added to the cake recipe but berries can? I think it would probably make sense if you could add them to salads as well.

There are lots of items that have absolutely no use at the moment. Many of the items are just placeholders for future, when they're going to delve more into the "beta" phase of the game development. There's so much more bigger things to do atm that clinging on small things like this would just take too much time from them altogether.

I believe this is a topic more for PZ Suggestions, much rather just general discussion.

Then you should report it rather than just post about it without any meaningful contribution to the topic. And actually imo this is slightly in the grey area... :)

Didn't mean to rile people up, and I really did feel it was more of an oversight than something that needs to be a suggestion seeing as how every other plantable crop can be used in the recently new recipes except for the two I listed.

And yeah, I know they got other things their working on, but it doesn't hurt to mention it, and its a fairly simple thing for them to adjust should they feel the need to seeing as how they already got the code in place for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know, I've tried eating radishes in real life, and they're terrible. I know they are a source of calories, but I'm not putting them in anything if I can help it! :P (They're also a major pain to farm).

I'd much rather see corn having a purpose (soup, salads, bread, etc) and be able to grow corn. I've never seen a radish farm in America (and knew I was looking at one), but I have seen hundreds of thousands of acres of corn!

Strawberries though could use some love like you suggested. Anything a berry can go into, a strawberry, should be able to be put into as well.

• 1 month later...

I dont know, I've tried eating radishes in real life, and they're terrible. I know they are a source of calories, but I'm not putting them in anything if I can help it! :P (They're also a major pain to farm).

I'd much rather see corn having a purpose (soup, salads, bread, etc) and be able to grow corn. I've never seen a radish farm in America (and knew I was looking at one), but I have seen hundreds of thousands of acres of corn!

Strawberries though could use some love like you suggested. Anything a berry can go into, a strawberry, should be able to be put into as well.

Radishes, the small ones, are some of the easiest crops you could ever grow, after sowing they are ready in 4 to 6 weeks, they would be much more commen in soups, salads than corn (at least in my country), not in bread though, corn is extensively used in bread :) Also some is spicey as hell and others are a fresh nice addition to any salad, the long white ones are used much in stir frys and the like. If you ever bought a pack of frozen asian wok/stirfry vegetables, you have proberbly eaten them.

I use them as companion crops for lettuce and peas in my garden, and i have read about it being common in america as well.

I dont nessesarily think its a BAD thing that certain ingredients have little to no uses,  its all part of gaming the game and learning things that less experienced players know.

If everything was usefull then nothing would be special.

Archived