Visible hunger bar

ianopolos

Maybe there should be something that always shows ur hunger bar how it drops over time.

That way you could be planning when to be carefull and look for more supplies to eat.

Current system only shows icons when its sudenly hunger and you have to eat something instantly.

But this way you could be more prepared.

Like The Sims game? NOPE

Nah, it would become too micromanage-y and personally I'd would always stare at the hunger bar and that annoys the heck out of me.

Like The Sims game? NOPE

Nah, it would become too micromanage-y and personally I'd would always stare at the hunger bar and that annoys the heck out of me.

What about stomach grumbling noises instead of a hunger bar? And they sound off before the icon shows you're hungry.

I don't like the idea of a number or bar showing how hungry your character is. The less UI elements the better, in my opinion.

If anything, it should be ncluded in the health system where you can look at it if you want to.

Feel like the moodle does it for me, though.

Like The Sims game? NOPE

What about stomach grumbling noises instead of a hunger bar? And they sound off before the icon shows you're hungry.

Something subtle like that could work, but a visible hunger bar is a huge no from my side. 

Moodles are already amazing, UI elements just clutter up the screen...

Actually the first moodle says "You're a bit peckish" and gives you no negative effects at all. The next one... hungry, has only minor side effects. So you don't really need to eat something immediately after you get the first moodle there's plenty of time to scrounge up a meal.

Actually the first moodle says "You're a bit peckish" and gives you no negative effects at all. The next one... hungry, has only minor side effects. So you don't really need to eat something immediately after you get the first moodle there's plenty of time to scrounge up a meal.

Exactly. You get plenty of warning and only minimal negative effects, even after several days without eating. I only eat during the first 2 hungry moodles when fresh food is still plentiful and I have nothing better to do. Being "hungry" only drops your strength from 8 to 7, "very hungry" from 7 to 6. You can still do plenty with that. Eating every time you are peckish will deplete your supplies quickly.

The only time you need to be properly fed is when you are healing from an injury or hauling 9-10 weight and needing to run a lot (but then you probably have some food in your bags to keep you in the green).

That being said, you can probably mod the hunger meter to be shown in the UI, if you really need it.

I don't know about which one is more efficient, all I know is a meter is darn unrealistic compared to moodles which simulate the character 'feeling', but only really knowing somewhere about where it is. I mean, I don't have a floating life bar in front of me in real life telling me my hunger...

*enter Google Glass*

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Agree with nasKo and the others. It's not really necessary- Lemmy specifically balanced hunger and thirst a while back so that the first two symptoms last the longest amount of time and have exponentially less effect than their stronger counterparts. The idea behind moodles (and that entire aspect of the game) is that they show you things that you would know in real life, but are hard to display on screen in game. Thus, you know when you're peckish but you don't have any idea that if you wait 27 hours, 10 minutes, and 42 seconds before you eat again you will die.