PZ Wiki killed me lol

As a pretty new player I usually have the PZ wiki up to help me survive in the wild zombie infested world of PZ and today my character started to get sad, not knowing what this meant I looked it up. This is what I found: 

Unhappy If the player is too bored, he or she will become unhappy. This moodle currently has no effect. This moodle can be combated by reading certain items of literature or eating food that combats unhappiness such as pop or chocolate amongst others. Once survivors are re-implemented, talking to them can also help with unhappiness.

After reading this I went oh ok it means nothing and continued to build my awesome fortress. Well after eating a few things to help with hunger that also increased my unhappy levels my character did something I never expected. He fell over and just died, sad thing was it was a watermelon that seemed to have pushed my poor Walter White over the edge :( Anyone else got some funny deaths?

Yeah I had some ham kill me in a similar situation.  I noticed the power had gone out recently and checked the fridge,  Everything was still not spoiled so I grabbed a few items out of the fridge.  Some zed came crashing through the window so I stopped to fight and loot him.  I then ate the ham without even thinking and at the last moment noticed it already had red modifiers.  I actually just eat straight out of the fridge now because of this.    

Rotten food making him unhappy wasn't what killed him. Rotten food being rotten was what did it. You know, cause it's kind of rotten. Uncooked meats are also similarly hazardous and could possibly kill you.

Well, that's easy to test:

local function beUnhappy()
    print "I feel sad."
    getPlayer():getBodyDamage():setUnhappynessLevel(99999999999.0)
    print "So bored . . . "
    getPlayer():getBodyDamage():setBoredomLevel(99999.0)
end

Nope, no death. But I am severely depressed.

And so bored.

That damn hidden choking mechanic .  . . This'll teach you to slice your watermelon prior to eating it!

Yeah, it's certainly better to just shove the whole melon down your face in one bite. That way you taste the whole thing at once instead of just little individual bites.

So just made it back to base and looked in fridge and although the power is still on and every other food stuff is perfect the 2nd watermelon in there is rotten. Soooooo yea whoops  :oops: I guess I straight up murdered my own guy. But I found old zombie me, bashed his brains in with a hammer and then dragged his/my corpse to the cemetery and lit it on fire. Thanks guys learned a valuable lesson, double check EVERYTHING!!! 

Don't quote me on this, as a lot has changed over  the years, but I believe food has a set time limit on it, even if it's refrigerated. Or, if it doesn't . . . one day it should. :-D

Now let's wait for someone more knowledgeable to come along. ;)

I've found and disposed of lots of rotten foods from my currently-powered refrigerator in one of my recent games, actually! My most recent game is in sandbox with very forgiving utility settings, so I discovered firsthand a little while ago that yes, perishables will rot while refrigerated at a much slower rate than at room temperature. You've probably gathered this already but I'm just going to submit this anyway to put definite evidence of it. <3

you found the zombie version of you? what build are you playing?

At least I thought it was me, one of the windows in my base was broken and this guy was walking around my base with a fire axe. I was about to chop some trees for wood so I didn't have anything other then clothes on my guy but if zombie "you" has been removed from this build then I guess I just gave a random zombie an awesome funeral lol.

I've found and disposed of lots of rotten foods from my currently-powered refrigerator in one of my recent games, actually! My most recent game is in sandbox with very forgiving utility settings, so I discovered firsthand a little while ago that yes, perishables will rot while refrigerated at a much slower rate than at room temperature. You've probably gathered this already but I'm just going to submit this anyway to put definite evidence of it. <3

OK cool thanks for info, didn't know if the game would be that realistic. 

Archived