Because the map is not big enough yet. i can understand when it will take you a hour IRL to run from one side of the map to the other.

There's things like crashing into buildings will the car go right through it.

Gas, it will not last forever. i would rather cook with gas then use it as travel.

Hopefully they don't have a system where loot respawn's like in most survival games like DayZ. That will more then likley kill the game for me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the map is not big enough yet. i can understand when it will take you a hour IRL to run from one side of the map to the other.

Gas, it will not last forever. i would rather cook with gas then use it as travel.

Hopefully they don't have a system where loot respawn's like in most survival games like DayZ. That will more then likley kill the game for me.

I do agree, That right now it doesn't take to long to cross the map, Maybe 30 mins. But they are working on a huge map expansion.

Once that's done they will probably start on lewisville. Don't take my word for it though. Also what if your base gets overrun by a horde? You will need a escape plan, It would be nice to drive away from your destroyed base getting overrun with zeds, Plus you could take more supplies with you. And when npc's are added?.....God I can't even imagine how much fun the game will be. :)

Hordes now you are just tickling me. Cars will most likely be added before the zombie situation.

Cheers for your time wolf, you might think I'm being a bit of a troll or the classic.

A dickhead I love the game very much that's why I make such Erm..... Opposite posts. May be yeah that will work .

guess you missed this in the Build 28 announcement

[MP] Added experimental loot respawn, you have to setup the serverOption "HoursForLootRespawn", if you set it as 48, it mean the zone will have to be unseen for 48 in game hour before loot respawning

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9298-upcoming-build-28/

Yeah the final map. Not the current map. If they haven't found a way to sort the zombie respawing or migrating on this map they the final map is going to suck 10 fold.

The is about survival not killing everything on the map. I've had messages saying if your bored late game why dont you go clear the mall.

If I wanted to go to a mall and clear out hordes of zombies I'd play dead rising 2.

I've spawned in muldrugh it's an unnecessary waste of ammo and resources. To get to the mall and pretend to have fun there. 

I read every mondoid. Have been since the company started out. It makes Mondays bearable.

Yeah the final map. Not the current map. If they haven't found a way to sort the zombie respawing or migrating on this map they the final map is going to suck 10 fold.

The is about survival not killing everything on the map. I've had messages saying if your bored late game why dont you go clear the mall.

If I wanted to go to a mall and clear out hordes of zombies I'd play dead rising 2.

I've spawned in muldrugh it's an unnecessary waste of ammo and resources. To get to the mall and pretend to have fun there. 

I read every mondoid. Have been since the company started out. It makes Mondays bearable.

If your not having fun with the game just wait until they get more features in :/

If they haven't found a way to sort the zombie respawing or migrating on this map they the final map is going to suck 10 fold.

That is a pretty big "if". We get that you don't like how the late game works now, that doesn't mean it'll stay that way forever. The devs' priorities may just not be the same as yours.

In regard to the larger maps, do the devs plan to add a legitimate "city" to the map; with things like a large grid layout, subway system, and several-story buildings such as apartment buildings or skyscrapers?

I realize such a location would be a long way down the line (considering sewers and basements aren't even implemented), but have the devs ever mentioned it or acknowledged the idea?

In regard to the larger maps, do the devs plan to add a legitimate "city" to the map; with things like a large grid layout, subway system, and several-story buildings such as apartment buildings or skyscrapers?

I realize such a location would be a long way down the line (considering sewers and basements aren't even implemented), but have the devs ever mentioned it or acknowledged the idea?

I remember reading somewhere that they are going to add a large city on the other side of the river from where west point is.

I wish I could remember but I can't. What's a zombie game without a huge city?

Wait! I found it!

"The game world, so far, consists of Muldraugh, West-Point, and a bit to the north containing a bunch of stuff including a (really, really big) mall and the amusingly-named “Knob Creek” *muffled laughter*. It’s pretty big, so far as hand-made game maps go BUT NOT BIG ENOUGH. To put everything into perspective, this image shows the areas mentioned above and then I’ve indicated the areas currently in progress."

MapCompletion.png

"Wowzers. Quite big, eh? So don’t be expecting this map expansion like, tomorrow, or anything since as you can see we’re talking about doubling the size of what’s there currently. And it’s not just bigger in area – that bit to the north? You know what’s up there, don’t you? Yep. A city. Which means that whooooole area is jam-packed with high-density buildings. So we’re talking twice the area but significantly more than twice the number of buildings (and… well, flupping loads of zombies too)."

It was in a mondoid :D

I remember reading somewhere that they are going to add a large city on the other side of the river from where west point is.

Wait! I found it!

"The game world, so far, consists of Muldraugh, West-Point, and a bit to the north containing a bunch of stuff including a (really, really big) mall and the amusingly-named “Knob Creek” *muffled laughter*. It’s pretty big, so far as hand-made game maps go BUT NOT BIG ENOUGH. To put everything into perspective, this image shows the areas mentioned above and then I’ve indicated the areas currently in progress."

MapCompletion.png

"Wowzers. Quite big, eh? So don’t be expecting this map expansion like, tomorrow, or anything since as you can see we’re talking about doubling the size of what’s there currently. And it’s not just bigger in area – that bit to the north? You know what’s up there, don’t you? Yep. A city. Which means that whooooole area is jam-packed with high-density buildings. So we’re talking twice the area but significantly more than twice the number of buildings (and… well, flupping loads of zombies too)."

Oh yes I remember this Mondoid. Damn, I really have to stop skimming over those. Surprising what you can miss.

But wow, if that northern tip is going to be the grand city, just imagine what is going to be in those huge southern and western regions. The possibilities... 

Wait! I found it!

MapCompletion.png

Oh yes I remember this Mondoid. Damn, I really have to stop skimming over those. Surprising what you can miss.

But wow, if that northern tip is going to be the grand city, just imagine what is going to be in those huge southern and western regions. The possibilities... 

Fort knox will be down towards the south, But shit that city will be tough to sneak into. Hopefully it will have sewers.

And all the more reason for the stealth overhaul to be done :D

*Major Facepalm*

READ pinned forums topics and those Mondoids before complaining about this and that... at least do some searching first.

Map progress = fresh material, front page
Zombies respawning = next patch notes, read them
Yaddayaddayadda

*Major Facepalm*

READ pinned forums topics and those Mondoids before complaining about this and that... at least do some searching first.

Yaddayaddayadda

Whatcha talkin bout?

*Major Facepalm*

Yaddayaddayadda

Sorry, this was originally a question about the types of vehicles that would be introduced and in what manner would they be implemented. I actually did research this and just wanted to find some more info from the community and even the devs. I don't know how it got sidetracked into talking about map progress and such. I would not have posted about the topic of map progress since I know I have not researched that particular feature. 

I did not mean to come across as complaining and ignorant, but I admit I should have not even said anything about a matter so off-topic from the original. Sorry again.

Personally, I'd love to see a modified truck/armoured car/camper van serving as a mobile base. Park the vehicle, set up a bit of temporary fencing, stretch out the awning... Bam. You carry your safehouse with you. Just be careful you don't pull hordes while moving...

I know the devs don't want tanks or other powerful vehicles in the game, but I, personally, would LOVE to find an abandoned APC, tank, or overturned semitrailer. They'd be immobile due to mechanical/battle damage reasons, but they'd all be great to establish a base from, or with. A large overturned truck would do wonders as a fortress wall.

Hell, having small bulldozers/tow trucks would also be great, as you could drag/push destroyed cars together to make fortress walls. Of course, that'd be more than offset by the sheer amount of noise you'd be making during construction.

Oh the possibilities...

A while ago I tried to make an SUV concept and threw it over a game screenshot. While the detail captured here is pitiful, this is kind of what I would want to see in the game as far as style.

YellowCar.png?_subject_uid=125726786&w=A

Now I want to try this again.

Does a Horse count as a vehicle?  If so a horse!

Love the idea. If cars are not an option for you because gasoline is too hard to get a steady supply of, then a horse would be an awesome alternative. It would consume food and water instead. The horse could also have moodles hover above it to let the player know if it is hungry, thirsty, injured, tired, etc. Probably never gonna happen, but I still like the concept.