S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat - MISERY Mod 2.0

DirectorPr

I am a huge fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series ever since I saw a let's play of it. I love the atmosphere, the story, and the gameplay. It is a game I think all RPGs could take a note from. Ever since I started playing Call of Pripyat I've looked for mods that can enhance it further, I fount a mod, its called the "MISERY Mod." Its essentially a gigantic overhaul that is designed to take S.T.A.L.K.E.R. the next step forward, and I have to say I am not disappointed. 2.0 was just now released, and I'm downloading it currently to play it. I'm so excited, and I cannot wait. Just curious as to if there are any other S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fans out there.

Link to the mod

I eat whatever I can find or, more commonly, buy. I tend to play as an artifact hunter and, even though some people would be embarrassed of this, I create a little RP in my head. I wish there was a mod though that geared more toward the artifact hunting, since I find that to be the funnest part of the game. The suspense of finding out if the artifact that you just nearly died for and totally trashed your armor is worth it? Perhaps it's some really great artifact like a bubble? Or maybe something that's essentially worthless, such as a battery.

I find artifact hunting extremely fun. I would also like to see if a mod ever concentrates on artifacts for any kind of artifact to be found, such as a compass although they would be really rare.

My lil rant I suppose. :3 But there are plenty STALKER fans here I think

I eat whatever I can find or, more commonly, buy. I tend to play as an artifact hunter and, even though some people would be embarrassed of this, I create a little RP in my head. I wish there was a mod though that geared more toward the artifact hunting, since I find that to be the funnest part of the game. The suspense of finding out if the artifact that you just nearly died for and totally trashed your armor is worth it? Perhaps it's some really great artifact like a bubble? Or maybe something that's essentially worthless, such as a battery.

I find artifact hunting extremely fun. I would also like to see if a mod ever concentrates on artifacts for any kind of artifact to be found, such as a compass although they would be really rare.

My lil rant I suppose. :3 But there are plenty STALKER fans here I think

My favourite bit about the STALKER series was definitely the artifact hunting too. 

I just started a playthrough using the LURK mod. I've been encumbered most of the game as if I were playing a Bethesda game. I keep thinking the next camp I find is going to be where I can sell my junk and get some rad guns. This is because I played Clear Sky a lot more than SoC so imagine hiking through garbage, defending that warehouse you thought would have a trader in, in the pitch black for like 20 minutes. Then finding nobody, and then running over to the stalker base near Duty and once again finding no traders. All I want is an M4. :c

L.U.R.K. and MISERY have to be some of my favorite mods. MISERY adds literately misery to the zone, something I felt was missing as I trudged along a place full of death, disease, gore, and no women of course. L.U.R.K. added stealth mechanics that were missing from ShoC for me (I like to play games stealthily).

Quick tip on how to get cash quick with the latest L.U.R.K. (1.1). Its kinda cheating though so don't read unless you really NEED it.

Grab the merc suit that's hidden at the start since you begin with one in L.U.R.K. 1.1, and sell it when you get to the 100 Rads bar. You'll have a good I think 30,000-80,000 rubles at the start to buy good gear, happy hunting S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s

The one in the attic in the first town? Nothing was there. But I'm fine, I'm just going to make my way to the beginning. I'm hoping that this playthrough doesn't get bugged, the last two times I played vanilla there seemed to be nothing past the brain shredder place, and that was after never getting a suit to go through the area with.

Well I have 117k RU now anyways, so money is of no issue lol. The only trouble now is finding out how to make artifacts go into my suit in LURK, and finding cool guns that are also actually functional. Like the AR's the mercs use jam every 5th round, and many don't really have as good a ballistics score as my AN-94. I might just switch over to an M16A2 or something if I find it, for fun. But then again, scopes make bandit encounters a lot quicker...

Well no, in vanilla if you balanced out radioactive artifacts with radiation-absorbing ones you can up your weight capacity by a bunch and allow yourself extra ammo and maybe an SMG to complement your rifle and pistol. That stinks.

I tried Misery 2 out and didn't particularly enjoy my first experience. Starting as Recon next to the water treatment plant, I had a pack of 4 snorks start right there on my path, with 35 rounds of ammo to my name. Also it seemed everywhere was so bloody dark, even in daylight, that I could barely shoot at anyone before getting shot myself.

Rather unfortunate as I did enjoy the v1 of Misery quite a lot, despite everything being even more brown and gray than usual.