Nerfing bag spawn?

Johnny

I was just thinking, I always find a duffelbag on the 1st or second day... I think the Shopping bag rarity would stay the same, but the better, more improved bags get a little rarer... This is just a suggestion though! :D

Thanks for reading my SUGGESTION!

It's an understandable suggestion. Although I think this kind of balancing should be left to the beta phase...

Ok. The SwiftKey keyboard on my phone just filled that last sentence with just the letters "I thi" hmm... I've probably been on the suggestions thread a tad too much. :D

Although almost every home got bags... And if they won't add in homes that's already been looted, there should be bags..

Even with bags, you can't carry to much.. It's the strength that makes you stronger, and it gets higher by time, therefore "the more you play, the more you can carry" is already in the game ;)

Although almost every home got bags... And if they won't add in homes that's already been looted, there should be bags..

Even with bags, you can't carry to much.. It's the strength that makes you stronger, and it gets higher by time, therefore "the more you play, the more you can carry" is already in the game ;)

What do you mean with:,, the nore you play, the more can you carry"? Does that mean, the items are ,,losing" weight or does the the weight reduction highers?

I believe he's referring to the perks and how they work.

Two sets of perks (weak-feeble-normal-stout-strong ***normal has no tag/icon***) and (obese-overweight-normal-fit-athletic ***normal has no tag/icon***) can change during gameplay.

Carrying weight (over 1/2 max) or hitting a zombie, or chopping a tree "MAY" give you some strength xp.

Sprinting, or hitting a zombie or... I forget what the 3rd is there..  "MAY" give you some fitness xp. 

If you do nothing for long enough (a day?) you can lose an xp point.

So if you chop down enough trees, and run around carrying stuff, and kill zombies... you can get to "stout" without taking it as a starting perk.  But it takes a WHILE.  And getting to strong from Stout is even worse.

If you want to test this, the easiest level to gain is (obviously) weak to feeble.

Start a new sandbox game, no zombies, weak perk.  Grab enough food & water for a day, and a really bad weapon *(each "treehit" is xp, not each tree felled).

I used a fork when I tested this.

After 13 trees felled (12.5 trees really, 150-160 swings per tree) log off and back on and check your perks.

Congrats, you're now "feeble" and not "weak" and can carry 2 more (you could carry more before logging out, but the perk name/image didn't update without logging out & back in).

To get to normal, you're about 2 to 3 more solid days of logging with utensils away (another 19-20 trees? my notes say 20, but they also say 42 total trees... so either 19 or 29 more trees + the first 13 in any case).

Want to get to stout... good for you.  I cut down 100 trees with a fork and didn't get there, so you'd better have more patience than me. And I cut down a tree with a fork... I doubt you have more patience than me.  I'm guessing around 150 total trees to get that.

Want to get to strong?  Hate yourself that much?   Yeah, from numbers I've heard from old builds where you could see the str/fitness xp... another 350 trees or so with a fork, or 500 total at around an in-game-hour a piece to fell them.

If you're using an axe, you're felling a tree in 6 swings, not 160... so that math means you've got a veritable forest.  Fortunately hitting a zombie and carrying weight can also factor in.

I have played a "normal" sandbox game with just double-length days; fought a ton to clear out my safe-house in West point, and looted heavily... around day 10-12 I lost "obese" and hit normal... I've never seen one of my guys "gain" fit or stout; but I know it's possible.

And when I'm playing with zombies in my game... no, I do NOT cut down trees with forks.  Axe (or when axe-less hammer) is how you go unless you want to make enough noise and spend enough time to get bitten.

This is why I am the man who cut down a tree with a fork... for KNOWLEDGE! 

sadly you cannot chop down trees with a fork anymore  D:

Well, given the damage a fork takes cutting trees now, no...

I got around 3-7 swings per broken fork, to get to 160 swings that's going to be a lot of forks per tree.

On the other hand, if you still want to do the test, I just re-ran my test parameters.

Hitting a tree with your bare hands (when you hear the thunk) still counts.  And you can F4 or F5 to speed up time.

You do 0 damage (so you'll never fell a tree, which means the # of hits is iffy to count) but it does give you strength "xp" credit..

Spend a day punching a tree with your bare hands and you can see yourself go from weak to feeble.

** Again, you'll see your carry capacity change, but have to re-log to see the traits page change **

sadly you cannot chop down trees with a fork anymore  D:

Well, given the damage a fork takes cutting trees now, no...

I got around 3-7 swings per broken fork, to get to 160 swings that's going to be a lot of forks per tree.

On the other hand, if you still want to do the test, I just re-ran my test parameters.

Hitting a tree with your bare hands (when you hear the thunk) still counts.  And you can F4 or F5 to speed up time.

You do 0 damage (so you'll never fell a tree, which means the # of hits is iffy to count) but it does give you strength "xp" credit..

Spend a day punching a tree with your bare hands and you can see yourself go from weak to feeble.

** Again, you'll see your carry capacity change, but have to re-log to see the traits page change **

Dude I though of that then I thought na but its a nice addition to speed up time i shall try it now you wizard!

Hmm it seems i have turned into a wood pecker now...

What do you mean with:,, the nore you play, the more can you carry"? Does that mean, the items are ,,losing" weight or does the the weight reduction highers?

Yeah, the strength is skilled up and then you get to carry more weight.. They are working on the skillsystem, so it's gonna be a bit better later on.. More obvious I hope.