rotacioskapa

Random events would occur when you use some of your skills, like building barricades, cooking or even when you enter a broken window.

1. Climbing through a smashed window could scratch you with a chance of 1 to 5%

2. When building using the carpentry skill or cooking, you could also get harmed depending on your skill level. Not only getting harmed but you could also make a mistake, like accidentally drop the hammer (making noise) and so on.
  • An example chance to get hurt/make a mistake if using a skill based action:
    (5-[CurrentSkillLevel]+[CurrentNervousness]+[CurrentTiredness])%
    Where CurrentNervousness and CurrentTiredness are some functions based on the ingame stat. (Since i dont know the range of those numbers).

These events should be rare to keep the players frightened when they occur (but the chance should depend on Nervousness, Tiredness and the current skill level).

dosen't climbing through a window already have chance to hurt u?

overall a really interesting idea 

nah, only breaking a window causes you harm so far.

I've been cut by climbing in a broken window before. It killed me too because I didn't notice until it was to late.

Ddim. Having random or luck events will just become really annoying. Like you know, surviving for ages. Then something out of your control makes you die.

Unexpected bad things happen in real life

it's nice they want to make the game realistic but the game need to be enjoyable too ^^

Ddim. Having random or luck events will just become really annoying. Like you know, surviving for ages. Then something out of your control makes you die.

Unexpected bad things happen in real life

it's nice they want to make the game realistic but the game need to be enjoyable too ^^

Well, if you don't want bad things to happen to you in-game, them don't set yourself up for them to happen. Like never climbing through a broken window, ever.  Never let a zombie scratch you, ever. Never ever fall from a second story window.. There's more :D. Don't go out after 6PM and before 6AM. Always bring a sweater with you. In case you need to stay warm and for emergency bandages.  Always carry a few bottles of water on you and some light-weight dry food. Always have a type of Knife or a Bat. Wear full clothing to minimize scratching chances. Carry a few empty plastic bags on you.

If you do that and stuff I forgot to list :D then I'm sure you could have a very long and prosperous zombipocolypse survival experience.

Edited by kinyoshi

There's a very fine line to walk here. Anything that takes control out of a players' hands in a skill based survival game is bad.

So for example, I would support a chance to fall over if you run dead out into a fence.

I don't support a chance to trip while running in general.

I support a chance to catch your house on fire if you leave the soup in the oven because your wife is nagging you.

I don't support burning yourself cooking 'just cuz.'

A player should ALWAYS have a quantifiable knowledge of the repercussions of their actions in skill based games like PZ. Always.

There has to be a balance between character skill and player skill. You can't just throw a bunch of random accidents in that are completely reliant on character skill and can't be mediated by player skill e.g. an x% chance of an oven bursting into flames because you, the character, have low cooking skill no matter when you, the player, remove the cooked food. It would just become a game of Russian Roulette with chicken fillets instead of bullets.

The current system works well, because while it's certainly useful to have high character skills, you can still survive based solely on player skill. You can cook a piece of chicken and it'll be fine as long as you take it out in time, but the actual modifiers on how good the food is is dictated entirely by character skill. That's a perfect balance to me.

I don't support a chance to trip while running in general.

What if your character was panicked and attempting to flee wildly? Would make more sense then.

Most gamers tend to hate games that do things without the player's help, simply because it does, in some manners, unbalance games or simply be frustrating. I for one enjoy games like that though. Foot caught on a fence while climbing? Awesome, now you're sprawled on the ground with an army of zeds coming your way. Maybe not 'instant death' accidents, but those that can put a slight obstacle in whatever you're trying to do.

EDIT: Eh, must remember to read. You said running 'in general'. My bad. :P