I am sick and tired of.....

.....People saying that project zomboid is the Sims with zombies! Its much, mich more than that. PZ is a game were you create a place of protection, battling zombies, and eventually seeing it all BURN TO THE GROUND!!!! It is NOT the damn SIMS!!!!Goodness.....

its not sims. 

but I am also one of those to say that once you have reached a certainstage ingame (sandbox)

it´s more or less the same.

hunger: not an issue anymore (farming)

zombies : not n issue anymore (enough ammo, guns and protection walls PLUS enough area cleard out 

AND not enough migration and hordes. 

so it´s either

a. very hard to even get to that point in the game because of options (insane zeds, rare lot and stuff)

or

b. easy once you know how to get there. 

the game right now is still one of the best games I have played so far and very remarkable as it is still unfinished,

BUT, endgame is sverely lacking in my opinion. which is still ok because there´s enough replay value just with new settings, new traits and all that.

I actually like how some of the gameplay features and mechanics are similar to those found in The Sims, as it gave me a familiar orientation to latch on to in what is otherwise a pretty brutal simulator. 

I can't wait until NPCs are in the game, as I'm pretty daunted by the PvP factor in co-op and I would like to see more references to some kind of story crop up incidentally through dialogue with NPCs or newspapers, giving us some kind of lore background to work off of from an RP standpoint. 

Sims stands for simulation. In it's best definition Project Zomboid is a Zombie Simulator. Why would you hate that people say it's sims with zombies, it means that it's real enough to call a simulator, and in my opinion sims is one of the best games out, I've been playing since Sims 1 when you could pause the game while your sim was taking a shower and remove... never mind. Any way, I have not heard of someone say this is the sims with zombies, but I for one think it's a good thing for the reasons stated above.

Actually that was the first thing my wife said when she saw the game... Sims with zombies. Still she doesn't get it, but I love playing it.  Psykik is right, its either easy and you get comfortable with walls, food and guns or its hard and you are just trying to not get horded by a bunch of zeds.

Untill you can drown your toon in a swimming pool or make whoopie with the maid, it isnt Sims.  

And PZ is better than Sims anyway.

would love to be able to do that in PZ tho 

(especially the naughty stuff with the maid ... would prefer a zombie nun tbh .... but will take whatever i can get my dirty hands on)

Untill you can drown your toon in a swimming pool or make whoopie with the maid, it isnt Sims.  

(especially the naughty stuff with the maid ... would prefer a zombie nun tbh .... but will take whatever i can get my dirty hands on)

Whoopie with a zombie nun? That sounds messy.....

*hints at avatar*

ain't taht sexay?

*hints at avatar*

ain't taht sexay?

Umm, no.

*hints at avatar*

ain't taht sexay?

Umm, no.

you clearly got no taste for hot women, my friend  :geek:

*hints at avatar*

ain't taht sexay?

Umm, no.

you clearly got no taste for hot women, my friend  :geek:

Clearly.

.....People saying that project zomboid is the Sims with zombies! Its much, mich more than that. PZ is a game were you create a place of protection, battling zombies, and eventually seeing it all BURN TO THE GROUND!!!! It is NOT the damn SIMS!!!!Goodness.....

What did you do in those 2 years after the first 3 months? Build, farm, build, farm, build, farm.

The Sims was actually a big inspiration in the design of Project Zomboid, along with XCom and Crusader Kings II :)

wow, that actually gets my hopes for npc's and there traits/behaviour up quite high... i do like crusader kings 2 :D

The Sims was actually a big inspiration in the design of Project Zomboid, along with XCom and Crusader Kings II :)

wow, that actually gets my hopes for npc's and there traits/behaviour up quite high... i do like crusader kings 2 :D

me being a follower of mathas on ck2 actually brought me here ... so ... yeah more medieval plotting plz  :ph34r:

Edit: 

to clarify ... was following the project for some time already ... but mathas' lets plays made me finally buy it 

especially since im kinda "meh" considering early access games

So then why can't

Why can't we marry our zombie son to the neighboors zombie daughter to make our family stronger!?!

So then why can't

Why can't we marry our zombie son to the neighboors zombie daughter to make our family stronger!?!

so i can then assassinate the neighbours daughter's brother and father so she inherits the house and when she dies my grandson zombie inherits both mine and the neighbours houses ... thats how you get your zombie dynasty strong

the marriage game's too stronk

Archived