Mondoid 05/08/13

Headshotkill

It's M-M-M-M-Mondoid-time!

I hope we've al enjoyed the beautifull weather from the past days, atleast here in Europe.

More and more information is leaking out about NPCs with every Mondoid and it looks like this Mondoid will do just the same.

Last week's Mondoid:

we’ll have the meta-game system in place, and as the UIs are completed we’ll be able to fill out the meta-game events, scenes, and NPC interactions pretty quickly after this.

Exciting news, anyway, THE LINKS!

Main/official blog: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/08/sheet-ropes-and-the-adventures-of-metabob-and-metakate/

Alternative link for those with limited internet-acces: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3-mondoid-reposts/?p=7873

And as always, happy MONDOID everyone! :cool:

I'm a realistic kinda guy (most of the time)

Is it too much of a stretch to keep my fingers crossed for some NPC-in-action video today? I'm excited about today's Mondoid but not sure why, I'm hoping I developed some sort of Zomboid news sixth sense during the night.

Who knows...

Dang it. That vague response only heightened my excitement  :-)

I wouldn't know.

Doubt the devs will come in here before posting the Mondoid just to tell us what to expect.

nasko i told you, your green name makes new members excited, be careful with your words  :D  :P

Penis  :shock: 

Now that I'm somewhat more articulate, allow me to speculate on what could be a future reality of PZ. I personally love the idea of branching AI behaviour, so many events and interactions taking place independently from me as a player. Some I'll be involved in providing some truly stunning emergent gameplay, which personally speaking I think will even exceed other games I LOVE playing for this reason (prime example CKII).

However, I'm also head-over-heels-in-love with the idea that these situations will occur and during a bit of scavenging or exploration, I'll stumble across the aftermath, and never be able to predict or fully anticipate what I'm walking in to. For me, that's what really makes the post-apocolypic genre really pop.

I approach a house, surrounded by a white picket fence. For now, I think I've left the horde shambling around a couple of blocks behind me. In the garden lie the remains of two men. Men, not corpses. They're dressed like they mean business. Searching their bodies, I find rucksacks full of loot, and they're carrying weapons. At the doorway of the house, lies another man. He too is armed. Were this pair of men looters, killed by this lone man protecting his property? Did they all travel together, and for whatever reason this lone man was murdered at the hands of his companions? DId anyone survive this skirmish, and are they now hiding from a safe distance, watching my moves? Are they friendly? Do they want to do me harm? Am I alone? Is anywhere safe?

Outstanding work fellas. As a gamer, playing a game which can encourage this sense of narrative goes far beyond anything I've seen to date, in any form of media.

Bobby Collin you bitch! xD

There will be a day when my NPC-brother with who I've already survived months will propose a looting-mission where we arrive at Bob's house and I will have to aim a gun at Bob while my brother searches the house, Kate's crying... that will be a heart-breaking day.

Now I'm thinking about will we in the future get the option to stop the looting and let the people keep there stuff? Maybe even proposing joining up with them?