Survive objectives

Xunzul

I don't want realy suggest to build up something new in the game with this discussion, all i want to know is, what people expect to do after survive cos, i fortify a part of a warehouse in the city, i scavenge lots of houses for food, i get all tools for build and farm... i close the door and i can  survive for years now in the game.

I see some people here talk about the necessity to survive and prefer an easy weapon instead a working profession... so the objective of the game is, going killing zombies ? Flee from them?

I was thinking the objective was to have fun playing the game and not run around find and trying to be bored.

So instead of saying how many time a things require to be builded/crafted, a good thing can be to enlarge the time we can spend doing things on the game ? Even if at the end we can build a space missile used to go to the moon(jocking) isn't a good thing for the game let the players have more objectives from only run away or killing zombies surviving by scavenge ?

What's the people expect from the game ?

Personally i expect a good crafting system, allow me and my creativity to not find boredom after a week of play.

So, we are now on the suggestion section so is a must to do a suggestion...

I suggest to implement missions on game, at start as tutorial, or middle game as story mode.

So definitely players can choose free play or campaign mode.

IIRC the devs were talking about a quest sort of system. Doing missions for NPC's to improve relations and such. Don't know about if they've talked about a campaign per say.

In a way I kind of see the purpose or at least my objective of the game, is much like how State of Decay breakdown is done. You know, build up a settlement with NPC's expand as much as possible until your death. Sort of a survive as long as you can. That's what my aim is anyway, gather resources, build influence NPC's then just survive. I'm sure when more of the mechanics and NPC's are added in, it will be a bit more eventful than it sounds. :P

I think Connall really hits the nail on the head- NPC's will add a lot to the game, keep it always exciting. You may find a way to avoid the zombies for a while and become somewhat self-sufficient, but all that might change when raiders come and set your house on fire, or a friendly npc forgets to close a door behind them.

It's also worth noting, the crafting and building systems are always being expanded and it's likely in the future we'll have a lot more options to craft and build, which could take up (meaningful) time.

At this point i want to introduce another type of suggestion about zombies.

Why don't make the hordes much bigger and make it move on the map randomly, make them destroying wood walls, make the been attract from light and rumors from more far distance and let the player become more steal for surviving ?

I think a scene in my mind where zombies was call from rumors and light and start attacking and siege the walls where inside the player barricade, and the same player shut off light(as campfire) and stop making noise, after that zombies will move along leave the player in peace.

At this point is a must suggest a some kind of sounds traps for zombies as clock alarms or things that make noise, the meaning of that is for distract zombies or attract them.

NPCs will blow your mind so hard you'll start wondering why you even bothered with this suggestion – of course, by then, you will have no brain to do the thinking for you. How's that for awesome new feature?! Ha!

On a side-note, they're working on a better system for hordes/migration of zombies. Should be fun too!

Sound traps? I like that. Maybe make a separate suggestion thread for that? Multiple suggestions in a single thread tend to get kind of lost...

i know there's another topic for that suggestion, i was only make a link about the evolution of what i said, my principal suggestion is about survival objectives to win the boredom of those who make a save house with food and water.

At this point i want to introduce another type of suggestion about zombies.

Why don't make the hordes much bigger and make it move on the map randomly, make them destroying wood walls, make the been attract from light and rumors from more far distance and let the player become more steal for surviving ?

I think a scene in my mind where zombies was call from rumors and light and start attacking and siege the walls where inside the player barricade, and the same player shut off light(as campfire) and stop making noise, after that zombies will move along leave the player in peace.

Probably planned as it would make the game much more difficult, fits in with lore too.

Everyone already pointed out the obvious. NPCs will expand this so much, we'll have trouble finding time to read a skill book anymore I'd imagine lol. I can't wait.

Something I think would be great: Add list of specialized homes randomly chosen from existing houses. Like finding a house that belonged to a successful local Carpenter, and it be stocked accordingly with a nice cache of construction material and tools, maybe even at the expense of other items normally found in a home. The Gardener, Survivalist, Ahtletics Coach, etc. Even toss in some foils like the Dentist house with more toothpaste and toothbrushes than food lol. Point is, randomly placing these caches creates a large incentive to venture out even after you're stocked, and does so without breaking the realism. It'd be loads of fun and go a long way to address those 5 month survivor blues.

What I'm currently doing to adderss this is turning about 1/4 of West Point into a fortress. I've cleared 2/3 of the city on my current best survivor and have stock to last a decade probably lol. I'm gonna turn the elementary school lot into a huge farm (my safehouse is the block directly across the street from it). I'm scared to take the Muldraugh trip with her lol. just a thought.

Everyone already pointed out the obvious. NPCs will expand this so much, we'll have trouble finding time to read a skill book anymore I'd imagine lol. I can't wait.

Something I think would be great: Add list of specialized homes randomly chosen from existing houses. Like finding a house that belonged to a successful local Carpenter, and it be stocked accordingly with a nice cache of construction material and tools, maybe even at the expense of other items normally found in a home. The Gardener, Survivalist, Ahtletics Coach, etc. Even toss in some foils like the Dentist house with more toothpaste and toothbrushes than food lol. Point is, randomly placing these caches creates a large incentive to venture out even after you're stocked, and does so without breaking the realism. It'd be loads of fun and go a long way to address those 5 month survivor blues.

What I'm currently doing to adderss this is turning about 1/4 of West Point into a fortress. I've cleared 2/3 of the city on my current best survivor and have stock to last a decade probably lol. I'm gonna turn the elementary school lot into a huge farm (my safehouse is the block directly across the street from it). I'm scared to take the Muldraugh trip with her lol. just a thought.

Was about to make a suggestion around this, gets my approval.