Berries now rot in the new build, but do they grow back?

QQMoar

• 1 month later...

For the sake of realism, berries actually grow pretty quickly. I'd think faster than most of the other farming crops. I know we have tons of wild blackberry bushes on our property, and we usually pick them 2 or 3 times a summer. That's in New York too, and I'd wager that we generally have a shorter growing season than Kentucky, just because it's a bit further south.

After chatting to the dev's yesterday they were saying (after I asked this very question) that this was something they planned to eventually implement when they can.

They also said they wanted a skill to allow you determine the good berries from the poisonous so it wouldn't be as clear cut as you'd think.

After chatting to the dev's yesterday they were saying (after I asked this very question) that this was something they planned to eventually implement when they can.

They also said they wanted a skill to allow you determine the good berries from the poisonous so it wouldn't be as clear cut as you'd think.

Ha, that gave me an idea. They should add mushrooms next, eating the right kinds alleviates hunger, the wrong kinds give you horrible zombie-related hallucinogenic trips where you think your house is being broken into by zombies but it turns out to be your imagination... or is it? :3

Realism is something very much in their mind, is the impression I got. Yours is actually an excellent idea for the reasons above.

You could have a skill to determine poisonous food which would include fungi. As you say, the results for incorrectly (or correctly) identifying mushrooms could be...colourful

:-D

Realism is something very much in their mind, is the impression I got. Yours is actually an excellent idea for the reasons above.

You could have a skill to determine poisonous food which would include fungi. As you say, the results for incorrectly (or correctly) identifying mushrooms could be...colourful

And then all the zombies turn into Bon Jovi, singing their songs while trying to eat your face off.

And then all the zombies turn into Bon Jovi, singing their songs while trying to eat your face off.

Erm. It's an option? :)

Ha, that gave me an idea. They should add mushrooms next, eating the right kinds alleviates hunger, the wrong kinds give you horrible zombie-related hallucinogenic trips where you think your house is being broken into by zombies but it turns out to be your imagination... or is it? :3

I'm pretty sure mushrooms are planned. They're on the wiki with a sprite anyway. Check it out: http://pzwiki.net/wiki/Items

They're under the produce subheading.

Yeah, sure, why not. I'd be interested to know what the PZ team have as a timeframe for the takeover and collapse of mankinds infrastructure. I mention this because if it were really slow then the food/luxuries would be almost completely looted.

Judging by the prevalence of food in PZ it's not unrealistic to imagine there would be a finite amount of beer/wine and other luxuries. I thought you had meant wine growing, which of course I'm pretty much against.

Archived