Batsphinx

IWBUMS 41.51 released!

13 hours ago, jiggawutt said:

Can you guys PLEASE settle on a loot distribution system? From a mod maker's perspective, it is exhausting and confusing to keep up with changes to how loot works in this game and getting our items to spawn. Thanks

Started looking at vanilla distro files today, and seems like half Procedural, half not... strange... I went ahead and converted all our distro to Proc assuming that is what is going to happen eventually... It also lets me do some things that weren't possible before anyways...  Subscribers *shouldn't* be jumping all over your back, as it was pretty plainly stated that loot mods would break... So just tell em to hang tight for awhile...

Fortunately weapon mods are not so affected at the moment... But I think Procedural is coming for us too.... Can someone at TIS confirm if it will be 100% Procedural ?

We'll probably end up releasing (2) versions... non-Proc being the compat version with other mods.... Full Procedural version separately with some new bells and whistles...

At the very least, can you re-insert some empty tables with the names of the ones you removed from the Distributions file? That, at the very least, will keep people's games from straight up crashing when trying to use an item mod.

2 hours ago, Arsenal26 said:

Started looking at vanilla distro files today, and seems like half Procedural, half not... strange... I went ahead and converted all our distro to Proc assuming that is what is going to happen eventually... It also lets me do some things that weren't possible before anyways...  Subscribers *shouldn't* be jumping all over your back, as it was pretty plainly stated that loot mods would break... So just tell em to hang tight for awhile...

Fortunately weapon mods are not so affected at the moment... But I think Procedural is coming for us too.... Can someone at TIS confirm if it will be 100% Procedural ?

We'll probably end up releasing (2) versions... non-Proc being the compat version with other mods.... Full Procedural version separately with some new bells and whistles...

Okay, maybe it's not so much the subscribers pestering me that's really grinding my gears. My real issue is that the dev team would release an update that straight up causes the game to crash when using a legacy mod. And it's totally unnecessary! If they would've kept the loot tables they changed as empty tables to not be used by the game... then the game wouldn't crash. But instead the IndieStone team have put nearly the entire modding community in a position where they MUST alter their loot tables just so their mods aren't completely unusable in the latest version (more often than not, that is the ONLY version modders develop for). And while I recognize that THIS thread on THIS forum gave the details at the top, it is not something that is easily seen by most people. In fact, I only heard about this issue yesterday when a subscriber brought up the issue with me!

No news updates on Steam, no discussion thread. I had to go searching the IndieStone forums JUST to get the change notes on this release.

It is absolutely mind-blowing that the IndieStone would kick us around like this when many of the modding tools we were promised years ago have never materialized, and to think where this project would be if people weren't developing mods during the sometimes years-long stretches where the game was practically abandoned. It feels like an insult.

Anyway, I should stop complaining because obviously: I have a bunch of work to do now. Thanks, IndieStone!

I was using switch controller in order to play spilt screen coop with my friend previously in 41.50 build, and we were having no issue with it despite the highly inconvenience key binding, but since the new update, the game does not recognise the controller anymore and we can't play coop anymore, me and my friend were very upset about that, I try to figure out why but cant find any setting in the controller menu, anyone knows how to solve this?