Got my driver's license today.

k12314

Yeah. After a few months of having a learner's permit and one failed driving test, I finally managed to get my license. I was visibly shaking from nervousness and almost passed out when I got home from the stress, but I passed the test and am now legally allowed to drive on my own. And I'm only 17 so I'm not too far behind everyone else.

Fuck that test. So much.

Congratulations!

(clyde)

Fun times isn't it? I just got mine about a month ago. Know what you're going to get for a first car? Or still a bit of an unknown.

I already have my first car! It's an old 98 Mazda. It's my step-dad's old car, and he gave it to me when he got a new car. I'm a lucky son of a bitch.

Congratulations!

(clyde)

Fun times isn't it? I just got mine about a month ago. Know what you're going to get for a first car? Or still a bit of an unknown.

I already have my first car! It's an old 98 Mazda. It's my step-dad's old car, and he gave it to me when he got a new car. I'm a lucky son of a bitch.

Very nice. My one piece of advice would be, space perception. Never try to fit through a gap you think you won't get through. It'll save you a £1000  :oops:

Congratulations!

(clyde)

Very nice. My one piece of advice would be, space perception. Never try to fit through a gap you think you won't get through. It'll save you a £1000  :oops:

There's a reason I NEVER parallel park, or park between two cars. I go out of my way to find safe parking spaces.

Congratulations!

(clyde)

There's a reason I NEVER parallel park, or park between two cars. I go out of my way to find safe parking spaces.

I do the same, but it's not how I got the damage.  :???:

Friends think I'm insane for going to the top floor of a parking garage or parking far away. Bit of exercise and peace of mind is best. :)

Congratulations!

(clyde)

I do the same, but it's not how I got the damage.  :???:

Friends think I'm insane for going to the top floor of a parking garage or parking far away. Bit of exercise and peace of mind is best. :)

Yeah pretty much. I'm a careful son of a bitch though. I may be 17, but I actually understand a car isn't some toy, it's a very dangerous tool that can kill me and/or other people if I'm not careful.

Congrats! Although don't you Americans drive pedal go-karts? :P

Ain't nothin' to stalling from a too low clutch on an hill while waiting in a packed queue for a cluster fuck roundabout (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Roundabout_%28Swindon%29 )

*spits on ground*

Yeah I drive an automatic. And also fuck roundabouts in awful places. They just recently put a roundabout at the area near an on-ramp for the fucking highway. It's just caused awful congestion and made the road MORE dangerous.

I had a hill near my house with a stoplight that I had to drive past every day going to High School when I was that age. Steep hill, manual clutch, new driver. Bad times. Lots of parking break/floored gas/stalling there, and it doesn't help that my car has one of the finickiest first gears (and clutches in general) of any production cars.

I had a hill near my house with a stoplight that I had to drive past every day going to High School when I was that age. Steep hill, manual clutch, new driver. Bad times. Lots of parking break/floored gas/stalling there, and it doesn't help that my car has one of the finickiest first gears (and clutches in general) of any production cars.

Which is why I refuse to drive a clutch!  :evil:  But really, I just prefer automatics because I'm a dude who's mind is rushing constantly so it's hard enough to process everything going on whilst driving already. I don't wanna add shifting gears and all that to the list. I'd crash in no time flat. I'm a pretty good driver when I'm in an automatic though.

Driving a manual becomes second nature- you don't even think about it any more than you do a turn signal once you've been driving a while. Offers truly incomparable control of the car, too, which I love. Sadly, the day of the manual transmission is dying D=

Driving a manual becomes second nature- you don't even think about it any more than you do a turn signal once you've been driving a while. Offers truly incomparable control of the car, too, which I love. Sadly, the day of the manual transmission is dying D=

I can see why people would love that kind of control. Me? I prefer simplicity. But it's all up to preference, and since the manual is dying off, I can see said preferences being a bit of an issue.

Once I'm rich and famous I can just drive a lovely little Italian car with a plain old manual transmission and not worry about what the rest of the world drives =D

Then there's me in my dinky-ass old 98 Mazda that has luckily not broken down in a few months. Turns out I was running on empty for a few weeks, but the gas meter was off and was telling me I had a quarter of a tank.

I'm currently taking the California online driver's education course to get a permit! Cars aren't as dreadful as I think they are, right?

Not at all! They're ten times worse. You just gotta get used to them, that's all. Good luck dude!

Youre gunna get into an accident at some point. Just dont make it a big one.

I almost crashed today actually. I was at the gas station/convenience store hybrid down the road, and when I was on my way home, I had to stop at a four-way intersection. See, there was someone in an SUV coming from the road ahead in the oncoming, and I was turning left. I in my stupidity go before him even though oncoming has the right of way if you're turning. Luckily he slowed down and I sped up so we missed each other, but fuck that scared me half to death. That's a learning experience if there ever was one.

Archived