NecroForge (OUTDATED)

ZedHead

yay, finally close to release.  Been waiting for this for awhile.

Glad to see someone was looking at my posts on zSpawn. We gotta make a whole new set of buttons so that's why it'll be another week to wrap up the remaining window overhaul and fix up key binding  along with the new in-game button. Other than that lets just hope TIS doesn't switch up the item list like they did recently because that broke a few items and we had to check the list 6 times to be sure everything was working again. We hope to supply the community with a good mod to grant you access to all the items in PZ and by golly we will do it! I don't want anymore delays!

Is it going to show any more additional items when those pop up (Like Toomanyitems mod for minecraft)?

For example, it archives all existing items in the game. Update comes out, and, let's say, zombie spiffo doll is added. Would you have to release another update to have it in, or will the mod automatically detect it and have it as a searchable item inside the UI window?

I wanted to code an auto updater but the I/O capabilities of the PZ lua methods wont allow it. Currently we can only read & write to the lua cache directory "....\Users\....\Zomboid\Lua" which I use in order to save favourite items & keybindings :D

But don't worry, we already have over 600 items & variations availiable :P

Look who climbed out of their cave. GET BACK TO WORK! lol, but yes NF has hundreds of items already and if PZ adds more we'll be there to add more lines of code that drive me closer to rage quitting. Currently we're adding the rotten/burnt/cooked stages.

I wanted to code an auto updater but the I/O capabilities of the PZ lua methods wont allow it. Currently we can only read & write to the lua cache directory "....\Users\....\Zomboid\Lua" which I use in order to save favourite items & keybindings :D

But don't worry, we already have over 600 items & variations availiable :P

A dancing clyde for all your hard work then.  (clyde)

This would be a fantastic tool for editing the wiki, I'm sure. Look forward to seeing it.

You've convinced me.... definitely doing tooltips before release then ;)

Sorry Zed :P

EDIT:

Oh, & latest count is 694 items & variations..... I'm confident that, that's EVERYTHING currently in game including variations such as coloured clothing & different food states....

@ russian14 (sorry, my browser is being weird & I cant quote)

short answer, YES.... adding items to the list is relatively simple & can be done by adding them directly to NecroList.lua or using a table.insert() from an external function.

I will go into more detail once the mod is released & It is possible that I could write in support for extra item mods if ppl are interested.

I sent the "complete" (lets face it, there WILL be updates) copy of NF to ZedHead a few hours ago to test out before he posted it but I guess he didn't have time before school....

Hopefully you guys can have a look in a few hours :)

I'm sure you will be able to break the search bar, damn text entry boxes are pricks.... If you press [return] while searching if can actually record [return] into the text entry box's text making NF search for Apple[return] which obviously doesn't exist. This can be fixed relatively easily with the basic lua string library but I cant be bothered with it atm.... The search bar is only still there because ZedHead liked it....

Aye, i tried.  Gonna have to look over it, since theres a few items i want to add in.  I know i have never found the gloves from the hide corpse mode, while i dont know enough to figure out what is wrong there, i sho uld be able to add em in with this so i can see if they actually work, lol.

Really like the UI with this.  Not know how to open it up at first, i found the icon within 30 seconds, saw how to configure a hotkey, and how to make a groovy sound!

My question is, when you add favorites, does it save it to a file, into the save game files, memory, or a trained monkey locked in a closet who's sole purpose is to keep em saved? Or did i miss it in the forum somewhere?

DAMN!.... The trained Monkey would have been SO much easier :D

No, it saves them & the keybinding in a file called NecroEchos.ini in the lua cache directory "users/.../zomboid/lua/NecroEchos.ini"

I will make a better UI Icon at some point but that "special" button took a lot more work (if you include the learning curve) than I anticipated...

Im damn proud of the options panel sound, I pieced it together from a computer chair "piston" thingy & random air "whoosh" sound from FreeSound.org

I thought Zed wrote that the default hotkey was ~ tilde or grave, whatever you call it

• nasKo locked this topic