NecroForge (OUTDATED)

ZedHead

One little thing i noticed, maybe mentioned already, but if you start the game in a 800x600 window for example, and then expand the gamewindow full screen the mod icon doesnt recalc its position.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't even consider that a possibility. Should be an easy fix though :)

Glad you like it

Edit:

The whole UI is jury rigged atm. Ive made derivatives of 6-7 UI elements & overwritten %50 of their functions. At some point I'll have to go back through & re-write it into a new UI element instead <_<

oh no i did know how it worked i just didnt expect me to have 7 zomboid folders lying about in places i never use

after some looking about my pc i finally found it the mod folder that had the mods was inside of my users area not my program files

If you knew how it worked then how come you never knew where the folder was located? If you had multiple Zomboid folders I must assume you have multiple users? I would go and learn how to Install / Uninstall mods before you assume its our fault/problem that it isn't working for you. Just for a future reference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance that NecroForge might have its window size and position stored when exiting PZ (as the other windows do) so that it "remembers" where it was last time?

The window location is not saved after exiting the game. If you move it at all and close it then it should be in the same location you had it last once you open it again. Although we could maybe fiddle with the NecroEchos and see about saving its location on screen after exiting with that lua. e655HZo.gif

regarding size manipulation, the window is set to that size only to prevent other window bugs and mainly because the buttons might need yet another scroller if you make the window smaller. Maybe in the future we can go back to it and make it so you can resize it like it did before but for now we're not going to risk it. waF1Tok.gif

Resizing the window doesn't matter, it's the perfect size right now!

It's just the window location, since all the other PZ windows remember their location but NF's doesn't.

One more thing: is there any way to set it so that the text entered in the text field is removed when you click on one of the other NF buttons?

Having to manually highlight the text and backspace gets a bit difficult when you've got a horde breathing down your neck! :)

It's just the window location, since all the other PZ windows remember their location but NF's doesn't.

One more thing: is there any way to set it so that the text entered in the text field is removed when you click on one of the other NF buttons?

Having to manually highlight the text and backspace gets a bit difficult when you've got a horde breathing down your neck! :)

I'll throw in a word to Excentric. The search bar is bootleg at the moment so hold tight for a bit till he gets back into the modding mood (or NF mood to be precise). We'll see about updating later down the line, it seems NF is in a stable state so give it a few months at most perhaps in April when I get a new PC and possibly better internet. That way I can throw updates out quicker (just pray I replace my shit internet).

To be fair, PZ remembering your UI layout is fairly new.... I'll do it though :)

Which buttons are you talking about? I COULD clear the textbox when you spawn an item but what if you want to spawn more than one? I could add a "clear search field" button..... I'll have a look anyways :)

There is a few UI tweaks that still need to be done, just waiting on a PZ update.... 

Which buttons are you talking about? I COULD clear the textbox when you spawn an item but what if you want to spawn more than one? I could add a "clear search field" button..... I'll have a look anyways :)

There is a few UI tweaks that still need to be done, just waiting on a PZ update.... 

I believe he may be referring to the section/type selection for items on the left. Have the text box clear each time you pick a different section.

Yes, I was referring to having the text field clear whatever's in it when you click on some other NecroForge button, such as the category buttons on the left side of the window. But having a 'clear text' button would work great too.

Something else I wondered about: is it possible to have more than one 'favourites' tab? I only wonder because it would be good to able to sort your favourites into more than list for ease of finding stuff...

Ugh.... I thought I did that already..... (sigh)  <_<

I'm starting to loose track....

Rather than complicate the entire thing, I might add an option to add & name favorite tabs.... Its just that there are already WAY too many buttons....

That & add an option to disable the sound effects, I shouldnt be forcing ppl to listen to that laugh everytime they open NF :P

Something else I wondered about: is it possible to have more than one 'favourites' tab? I only wonder because it would be good to able to sort your favourites into more than list for ease of finding stuff...

I had this idea a while back when he was adding in the favorites tab making you able to build a class/folder with multiple items then click to spawn that class/pack of items all together. I'm not sure if its possible but as Excentric stated we don't want anymore crazy buttons involved as it is. I like the favorites how it is for now and I think it'll be that way for quite a while till we find a smart addition to it without making it too complicated. 6RDundc.gif

The main focus I think is gonna be is bug fixing and getting more NF options in, such as disable sounds and more then continue with other features. Hang tight guys. e655HZo.gif

Yeah, your right.... I seem to remember there being an issue with the salads around the time we uploaded the mod. Some of the Items were being changed, removed, swapped around, etc. Half-full water bottles were also misbehaving so we just removed them from NecroList....

Zeds gonna LOVE you, this means he's gotta go back over the list :P

Don't shoot the messenger! :o

I'M GONNA MURDER YOU'RE A** FOR MAKING THE LAZY KID WORK!!! NblZiaM.gif

If I find time I'll look it over, my weekends are busy with work now so I can get the money for new tech so I might not get around to checking the list. Maybe you should nudge the guy playing steam games during the week to look at the lua and add/fix a few things *cough* Excentric *cough*. 1tC55zB.gif

Aside from that... We can always use another NF tester besides just Excentric and I so consider joining the testing field of NF perhaps? (Tests won't be constant and will have quite a delay)

Don't shoot the messenger! :o

I'M GONNA MURDER YOU'RE A** FOR MAKING THE LAZY KID WORK!!! NblZiaM.gif

If I find time I'll look it over, my weekends are busy with work now so I can get the money for new tech so I might not get around to checking the list. Maybe you should nudge the guy playing steam games during the week to look at the lua and add/fix a few things *cough* Excentric *cough*. 1tC55zB.gif

Aside from that... We can always use another NF tester besides just Excentric and I so consider joining the testing field of NF perhaps? (Tests won't be constant and will have quite a delay)

Sounds good to me! Where do I sign up? :)

OK, so I had an Idea for an auto-update feature for NF (its actually SO simple that I cant believe it took me this long to think of it) & that is to go through suburbsdistributions to compile the itemlist on gamestart....

I wanted to put it out there so that I can get some feedback on what people think before I start work on it, especially from the modders that use NF for testing (I see it as more of a testing utility than a cheat mod :P)

This will mean that there will be less item categories, items that havent been implemented (Dough & Baking Tray for example) wont be in the list & (Most Importantly) items will have to be added to suburbsdistributions to get them into NF

However this will mean that new items from PZ updates will automatically be added to NF as well as items from all installed item mods

I'm having a bug where if I go into creative mode I cannot pick up, drop, or move any items. Even if I turn creative mode off. Fix this annoying bug please, because in order for me to pick up, drop or move items I have to restart the game. (Ignore this, it was meant for another mod.)

I'm having a bug where if I go into creative mode I cannot pick up, drop, or move any items. Even if I turn creative mode off. Fix this annoying bug please, because in order for me to pick up, drop or move items I have to restart the game.

Creative Mode....  :huh:

This mod doesn't have a creative mode.... Dida's multihack is gone when I implement something similar I will be spawning world objects directly instead of using the build context menu ;)

Creative Mode....   :huh:

This mod doesn't have a creative mode.... Dida's multihack is gone when I implement something similar I will be spawning world objects directly instead of using the build context menu  ;)

Ignore that because it was meant for another mod. Oops.