Bethesda registers domain with multiple Fallout 4 references

Pixel Bombs

No screw Bethesda and there neglect for doing things right. The new engine is a buggy mess, full of memory leaks, laggy ass saves, the PS3 version is a flippin joke, and they blame the PS3 for it when thats not true.

I was told the new engine for skyrim was suppose to be new and less buggy, Boy or boy were we wrong.

I mean seriously, Does bethesda complete these games on a rough draft?

The new engines clearly haven't been extensively tested, properly optimized, were poorly written. And the games dear god, the fallout 3 GOTY on the PS3.

Or hell any Bethesda game on the playstation, (ones Im stuck with)
I didn't run into nearly as many problems as some people but its a damn console game I shouldn't have to disable auto saving, defrag my HDD and all this other crap to get a stable fps.

Gawd. but fallout 3 is one of my favorites.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@silents429

PC Master race yo! :evil:

I have played on both the consoles and PC for Bethesda games and I got to admit the Console versions can be pretty goddamn awful, while I quite liked the PC versions, so my sympathies go out to your games. Course could pick them up on Steam and experience FO3 the right way. With loadsa mods. :razz:

Fallout 3 was a better looking game and the DC wasteland was beautiful a masterpiece to behold. Fallout NV had a better story, dialogue and stuck with fallout lore more accurately. Both are great games in their own right I really cant label one as better than the other.

I much prefer Fallout NV. Fallout 3 was okay, but the greenish tint to everything started to annoy me after a while, plus the DC ruins were horrible to navigate. NV had much better gun mechanics, dialogue, character depth, but the map size was misleading. In FO3 I could be the evil dude who killed everyone and put the FEV in the water and not care about the people. In NV I actually had some connection to my followers and their story.

Fallout 3 was a better looking game and the DC wasteland was beautiful a masterpiece to behold. Fallout NV had a better story, dialogue and stuck with fallout lore more accurately. Both are great games in their own right I really cant label one as better than the other.

I much prefer Fallout NV. Fallout 3 was okay, but the greenish tint to everything started to annoy me after a while, plus the DC ruins were horrible to navigate. NV had much better gun mechanics, dialogue, character depth, but the map size was misleading. In FO3 I could be the evil dude who killed everyone and put the FEV in the water and not care about the people. In NV I actually had some connection to my followers and their story.

That is a valid complaint. I just installed a mod to make that Sydney girl from the Stealing Independence quest so that she has a big backstory and is a companion and such, and a mod that adds a companion radroach named Skitters. It's all a matter of personal preference really. I understand why people line NV, but I just prefer 3.

Memory leaks are pretty much my primary beef with Bethesda. I offer a certain amount of leniency to creators of expansive, wide-open games with large maps and oodles of things to do that are entirely unrelated to the main plot. Especially with larger companies that rely on funding from people that aren't the ones who physically make the game, as they're more often than not subject to the whims of individuals who do not understand or do not care about some/much/all of game design.

Making a game like FO3, NV, or Skyrim on a deadline is unthinkable if you expect it to be perfect. I'm sorry, but that's kind of the way it is. But memory leaks are a sin that I don't think any game should suffer from, as it gradually makes files worse until they simply corrupt or no longer function. And that's aside from gradually eating up more and more of your memory.

God, I hated NV so damn much.

Although, I loved it the first 6 hours it just got boring for me after that.

Please oh please have sprint in Fallout 4. 

God, I hated NV so damn much.

Although, I loved it the first 6 hours it just got boring for me after that.

Please oh please have sprint in Fallout 4. 

I'm fairly certain they'll be using the engine they made Skyrim in for Fallout 4. So we'll most likely have sprint, thank fucking God.

Also, thank God for sprint mods for 3 and NV.

I think most of you here (including me) prefer Fallout 3 because it's the first 3D Fallout. O' the sleepless nights I spent on that game. Locations like Tenpenny Tower, the concept behind Little Lamplight , a city run by kids, and quests like Those!. That clunking sound glitch. Nukacola. It was just perfect.

On the subject of bugs. This is Bethesda here, they always let the community polish and "hunt" down their bugs by instead of doing it themselves.

I think most of you here (including me) prefer Fallout 3 because it's the first 3D Fallout. O' the sleepless nights I spent in that game. Locations like Tenpenny Tower, the concept behind Little Lamplight , a city run by kids, and quests like Those!. That clunking sound glitch. Nukacola. It was just perfect.

On the subject of bugs. This is Bethesda here, they always let the community polish and "hunt" down their bugs by releasing instead of doing it themselves.

And to be fair, the bugs can make for some pretty interesting stories to tell.

Please be on a new engine, please be on a new engine, please be on a new engine...

Nevermind, it's Bethesda we're talking about.

I doubt it'll be bad, but it definitely won't be great.

TBH ALL bethesda games are absolute shit until the modding community gets their hands on them. If it wernt for the modding scene Bethesda would be effectively dead on the PC platform.

This. I miss Black Isle. I was a huge fan of Fallout 1&2 and 3 was a completely different game. It had some good parts, but it wasn't an RPG like they made in the old days.

You shouldn't be able to make CHA a dump stat and then pass every speech check by getting the speech skill to 100. Or max out every skill and every useful stat by the end of the game. Or be completely unable to kill certain quest-related characters.

In the old-school Fallout games you could kill anything or anyone for any reason or no reason at all. Even the children.

Please be on a new engine, please be on a new engine, please be on a new engine...

Nevermind, it's Bethesda we're talking about.

I doubt it'll be bad, but it definitely won't be great.

TBH ALL bethesda games are absolute shit until the modding community gets their hands on them. If it wernt for the modding scene Bethesda would be effectively dead on the PC platform.

This. I miss Black Isle. I was a huge fan of Fallout 1&2 and 3 was a completely different game. It had some good parts, but it wasn't an RPG like they made in the old days.

You shouldn't be able to make CHA a dump stat and then pass every speech check by getting the speech skill to 100. Or max out every skill and every useful stat by the end of the game. Or be completely unable to kill certain quest-related characters.

In the old-school Fallout games you could kill anything or anyone for any reason or no reason at all. Even the children.

Kill ALL the children!

Christ I loved the old Fallouts. Oh the hours I spent killing literally everyone in the game for shits and giggles...

Am I the only person in the world who enjoys vanilla Bethesda games? I only mod elder scrolls for more content. I know Bethesda games are usually buggy messes but they have a weird way of having little to no game breaking bugs and just lots and lots of hilarious ones.

Am I the only person in the world who enjoys vanilla Bethesda games? I only mod elder scrolls for more content. I know Bethesda games are usually buggy messes but they have a weird way of having little to no game breaking bugs and just lots and lots of hilarious ones.

I usually like to do at least a couple of run throughs just plain vanilla. The only time I ever modded the game on my first time, was Skyrim and it's inventory system. Was just too much for me.

All this talk is really making me want to dive back into Fallout 3 and such. Think I'm gonna go do that right now.

There's been an update on the survivor 2299 website, here's the link for the people who haven't been to it and also a link to the article with a small idea on what the gibberish means.

2299 - http://thesurvivor2299.com

The article - http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/fallout-4-survivor-2299-teaser-website-updated-with-mysterious-code

That's pretty cool. I bet the announcement trailer will contain no gameplay and will be either completely live action or CGI.

I personally couldn't enjoy Oblivion without installing a mod to remove the "relative leveling" where all NPC enemies would be adjusted in difficulty based on your player level. It just felt insane without it, especially after being such a huge fan of Morrowind. I would have hated Oblivion if not for those mods, which came out almost immediately after release because so many elder scrolls fans were not amused.

There's been an update on the survivor 2299 website, here's the link for the people who haven't been to it and also a link to the article with a small idea on what the gibberish means.

2299 - http://thesurvivor2299.com

The article - http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/fallout-4-survivor-2299-teaser-website-updated-with-mysterious-code

That's pretty cool. I bet the announcement trailer will contain no gameplay and will be either completely live action or CGI.

Yeah, the article even mentions a unmarked quest from Fallout 3 (I couldn't tell you which one though as I've ever finished that quest/found it personally.)

Well, this is intriguing.

This is off-topic but do any of you guys remember a ham radio/signal where someone shouts "bison,bison!" repeatedly in Fallout 3?

There were a bunch of radio towers you could activate around the wastes with various broadcasts, some military, some civilian distress calls. I never heard "Bison" but I can imagine it being a military code for something.