Attacking Needs To Be The Highest Priority Action

vonVile

Going into Attack Mode should kick you out of any other Action that you are currently doing. I just had a game where I died because while I was in the process of building a pillar an invisible zombie snuck up on me, scratched my repeatedly and I couldn't attack him because I was still in Construction Mode. My character did the animation of swinging the weapon, but the weapon wouldn't hit the zombie. I had to press ESC for Attack Mode to work.

Another case to make my point is a similar situation happened, which I reported earlier, when I was transferring logs from a Container into main Inventory. The game won't cancel that action if you try to attack a zombie with just the swing animation happening. I was forced to slowly run away until the long transfer completed, which was like 10-15 seconds.

Some actions can't realistically be cancelled on a whim. For example, how would you handle eating?

Drop whatever I'm eating, swallow/spit out anything in my mouth, proceed to beat the shit out of zombie. I mean, it would take you a few seconds considering you wouldn't have your weapon at the ready, but still.