Solar power?

ArtosVI

making a power generator powered by solar energy requires a lot of knowledge on the engineering studies and i don'k think it is wise to add books about that not just meaningless books all around the city. well if you can build solar panel you should be able to build wind farms too but they make too much noise so you would need protect them constantly. 

I don't think building these things is viable, but finding the incredibly rare 'kit' or having certain buildings equipped with such things isn't hard to imagine, and would probably be more realistic in this day and age.

It's also worth noting that a lot of portable battery packs you can buy nowadays having solar panels -on them-. Having an item that would recharge when equipped if you were outside (at a very incredibly low rate, and which is very rare) might be a good way to implement this. :P 

As stated by others, building your own solar farm would require a lot of technical knowledge, materials usually not available in small towns etc. That being said, I could totally see finding (and being able to use) solar arrays installed on the top of buildings in some larger / rural settlements. Maybe not to power ovens (the big ones need several kWs of power), but lighting and some electronics (e.g. alarm system) definitely.

And we definitely need a way / more ways to cook things after the power goes out. I don't like eating all my hoarded foodstuffs raw :cry:

They make and sell generators that come in all shapes and sizes. Just the gas powered ones are the most common. I think it might be possible to find a generator that uses other methods like solar or wind. Heck, I'd like to see added the ability to cannibalize the parts from a gas generator and use it to build a wind turbine you can stick to your roof.

Though for such things to be necessary features as opposed to something neat to do later down the road, the game will first need uses for electricity other than cooking with it, as a camp fire serves the exact same purpose.

Solar panels aren't that complicated... so long as the gear is already there. Sure... manufacturing them should be off the cards but just like finding everything else... finding existing ones or houses with them on are cool. Heck make em so they just plain don't function at night just for simplicity :)

They make and sell generators that come in all shapes and sizes. Just the gas powered ones are the most common. I think it might be possible to find a generator that uses other methods like solar or wind. Heck, I'd like to see added the ability to cannibalize the parts from a gas generator and use it to build a wind turbine you can stick to your roof.

For this - and other reasons - I would like to have a wheelbarrow, a shopping cart, or even just a rolling garbage bin you can pull to move heavy things - albeit slowly and noisily. It is impressive that my guy can move 4 logs at once, but his ability to haul stuff shouldn't be limited by just strength of his back. Use those braaaaaains

I would like to have these AND cars too (later). Hmm, maybe this should go into a new suggestion thread. Never mind, it's already on the common suggestion list.

• 7 years later...

Energy 2000 Pvt. Ltd is a premium solar company in Karachi, offering state-of-the-art and comprehensive solar systems in Karachi and other major cities of Pakistan. By harnessing solar power, our experts provide affordable and viable solar system solutions to the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors in Karachi and other cities. Our diverse product range, extensive experience in the industry, and a strong project portfolio make us premium solar solution providers in Pakistan.