Scared of the Dark

Trojan_Turps

Is the dark scary? If not then it should be.

Night time is already more dangerous because the undead move around more and you can't see as much. Although I think that it should also be more dangerous because of the dark, or more precisely the affect it has on the players character.

The dark could increase anxiety and panic levels. Simply making the character panic more.

Zombies rely heavily on the element of surprise. In the dark its easier for them to creep up on you. Also the less you can see the more your brain fills in the gaps. (in a zombie apocalypse it's probably filling those gaps with you certain doom) So it makes sense to me that you would panic more.

Could also add the trait 'Scared of the dark' that increases the fear and random panicking in the dark.

Could also have a trait: Scared Of The Dark, When the player is in dark conditions they begin to suffer anxiety, and panic? Would be debilitating after the power is out and would attract z's to the players needed 'Night Light'

Or if you choose that trait just always try and sleep at night...

Panic prevents sleep if high enough, I'm saying without a light you gain panic. Maybe even have trouble sleeping if not very tired.

Could also have a trait: Scared Of The Dark, When the player is in dark conditions they begin to suffer anxiety, and panic? Would be debilitating after the power is out and would attract z's to the players needed 'Night Light'

Or if you choose that trait just always try and sleep at night...

Panic prevents sleep if high enough, I'm saying without a light you gain panic. Maybe even have trouble sleeping if not very tired.

That could be rather interesting/annoying. You would also need a torch if you were moving around in the dark.