I got my Steam account hacked, how scared should I be?

Killer21334

Today I logged unto Steam and to my horror saw that someone had accessed my account. And I already changed my account info.

On a scale of 1-10 how much should I be panicking right now? How much of my information could the hacker have gotten? Has anyone here gone through this? What countermeasures( besides changing my password, of course) should I take to prevent this from happening again?

Contact Steam Suport. After everything is sorted, enable Steam Guard

One would think Steam Guard would be built into Steam and not needed to be enabled.. My bank provides this feature..

One who does not verify his email for Steam Guard shall not be guarded.

if you had a saved credit card in your account it's not unfeasible that they'd buy a shitload of games on your card and then just gift them all to themselves or some other throwaway account.  I'd check your transaction history like harakka said.  If anything looks bad you can try contacting steam support; you should be able to prove you're the account holder by verifying your billing info.

Good luck.  My my friend got his account hacked once and someone used it to aimbot in TF2. The account got VAC banned and Valve wouldn't revoke it for some reason, making many of his games worthless. :(