Get fuel from cars

clankill3r

I know it's a bit early but since cars are not yet there but why not some ideas already :)

It would be nice if you find a water hose that you can cut it with a:

-kitchen knife, hunting knife, axe, saw etc.

Once you have a short part of the water hose you can use it to get fuel out of cars.

This could go in a gas can our straight in a bottle.

I'm cool with this initially.

After 6 months to a year, the fuel will go 'bad' and lose a lot of its volatility. Car gas tanks and portable gas containers just aren't designed for long term storage.

This is why when you store an engine over a period of a few months, you should top off the gas tank (to prevent moisture) and add a fuel stabilizing agent to the tank.

Maybe for the sake of game-play we shouldn't bother with this though.

I like the idea.  I even had adressed this issue in an earlier (and outdated post) : Cooking oïl and it's uses.  It was only mentionned in passing, so even extensive search in the forum may not have pointed to that post.

I must disagree on the tank of gas station being infinite.  Granted the quantity is near infinite if there is only one or two survivor.  In large multiplayer games or with lot of NPC survivor, even a big supply will eventually run out (unless there is refining facility and some of those survivor know how to work it, but that's another suggestion in itself).

Obviously, car tank should be more limited.

Both could be treated the same way as water is (in rain barrel or containers).

I won't comment on the duration of gas, I don't know about that.

• 2 weeks later...