Ingame videogames

lerk

Hello, its a bit fun suggestion, ingame already spawns the "video game" why not add an little mini game? 1992 Realesed Wolfenstein 3D why not add something like that game for ingame pc? Its not really needed but would be funny if you need to wait ingame for something.

Great idea, but it won't happen. Why waste time coding some 3-D game inside PZ when you could be working on NPCs or cars? Plus, I'm not even sure that the PZ "cookie" engine would support something like this (lol)

What is a PZ "cookie" engine?

That would be the fact that the engine can't handle stuff that games nowadays can handle. Physics, 3D terrain, ect. Not exactly a bad thing though. Pz has it's charm.

Great idea, but it won't happen. Why waste time coding some 3-D game inside PZ when you could be working on NPCs or cars? Plus, I'm not even sure that the PZ "cookie" engine would support something like this (lol)

That would be the fact that the engine can't handle stuff that games nowadays can handle. Physics, 3D terrain, ect. Not exactly a bad thing though. Pz has it's charm.

Well, technically, no engine can handle that sort of 'modern' stuff, unless you plan to explicitly implement it.

It's like saying Frostbite (Battlefield engine) doesn't support space flight or casting magic, or Terraria (modified XNA framework) doesn't support voxels or first-person viewpoints.

Calling the PZ engine a 'cookie' engine, is like pointing and laughing at the guy mowing his quarter-acre section with a hand mower, because it would take him weeks to mow your 10 hectare paddock.

The right tools for the job, I'm not sure why you would want (or need) physics or 3D terrain implemented in an isometric survival game. Next thing you know, people will be questioning why the PZ engine doesn't support HDR lighting or Bloom effects.

(Well, ok, maybe I could see physics being implemented in PZ - for projectiles and balls and such. But you'd still be better off implementing a hack for that, rather than full-blown physics)

Yes, some physics are being implemented for cars, for example. Doing it with the streaming map is one of the reasons there's issues.

That things have to be added is no means a comment on what the engine can or can't handle.

But PZ isn't designed to render first person games. A text adventure or something with basic 2D graphics is much more in line with its current functionality. Not that there's any reason to suddenly be designing several games within a game when one game is enough.

Well, technically, no engine can handle that sort of 'modern' stuff, unless you plan to explicitly implement it.

It's like saying Frostbite (Battlefield engine) doesn't support space flight or casting magic, or Terraria (modified XNA framework) doesn't support voxels or first-person viewpoints.

Calling the PZ engine a 'cookie' engine, is like pointing and laughing at the guy mowing his quarter-acre section with a hand mower, because it would take him weeks to mow your 10 hectare paddock.

The right tools for the job, I'm not sure why you would want (or need) physics or 3D terrain implemented in an isometric survival game. Next thing you know, people will be questioning why the PZ engine doesn't support HDR lighting or Bloom effects.

(Well, ok, maybe I could see physics being implemented in PZ - for projectiles and balls and such. But you'd still be better off implementing a hack for that, rather than full-blown physics)

I don't really care about 3D terrain and bloom or hdr lighting. I love pz i'm just saying the engine can't support that kinda stuff right now. They could always make changes to the engine to support those things but how likely is that?

I literally can't stop laughing. I called it the "Cookie" engine because in some thread a while ago some guy asked what the PZ engine is called and said "he left a cookie for the dev". Well eventually RJ responded saying that he "ate the cookie" and that the PZ engine can be called the "cookie" engine. Sorry for the confusion :D

I literally can't stop laughing. I called it the "Cookie" engine because in some thread a while ago some guy asked what the PZ engine is called and said "he left a cookie for the dev". Well eventually RJ responded saying that he "ate the cookie" and that the PZ engine can be called the "cookie" engine. Sorry for the confusion :D

Yeah, and I was expecting to see something about the "cookie engine" on this week mondoid :D

But sadly it didn't :(

Still love the devs though