Eqipment and plan for an IR (Zombie) Apocalypse!

lerk

Hello,

do someone has some plans for an apocalypse (Not only Zombie)

Im livin in germany and have an pretty big garden in the woods, nicely fenced, mostly build from my parents, have an shed with axes, nails, hammers... And even an air rifle (around 7,5 Joule) At home i have always an baseball bat near my bed.

My plan is, if its an Zombie apocalypse or an deadly virus or some kind of that, i flee in russia (Sebirian Woods) with our SUV. I have good russian Knowledge (speaking reading some writing) Why? Every 1000Km there lives maybe 5 Persons. Food and drink is there. Maybe rob some shops with the airrifle if supplies needed ;) (Of course in germany :D )

Whats your eqipmet or plan?

Hello,

Im livin in germany and have an pretty big garden in the woods, nicely fenced, mostly build from my parents, have an shed with axes, nails, hammers... And even an air rifle (around 7,5 Joule) At home i have always an baseball bat near my bed.

My plan is, if its an Zombie apocalypse or an deadly virus or some kind of that, i flee in russia (Sebirian Woods) with our SUV. I have good russian Knowledge (speaking reading some writing) Why? Every 1000Km there lives maybe 5 Persons. Food and drink is there. Maybe rob some shops with the airrifle if supplies needed ;)

Robbing a Russian is like robbing a bear.

My plan would be to get my friends and stay in a group. I live in UK so no guns :( We would stat moving north to highlands, find a cottage and start over from there, eventually we could go down and scavenge some cities for supplies/medicine.

Me and my friends took part in DofE expeditions so we have those big hiking bags, like those Mountain bags in dayz, we could use that to carry our stuff. I have a cool leather jacket, add some gloves and a bandana and the set would eb complete haha.

I would say human interaction would be minimal cos of the risk that they might be bad guys, watched too much walking dead to trust strangers in an apocalypse ;)

Talking about weapons, get some knifes. Maybe loot a shop with survival gear and get some proper equipement, but you need to remember that other people would also know that useful things can be found there so we would have to be cautious. After that jsut settle down in the outskirts, hunt, fish, forage and scavenge. Taht would be it i think.

In Soviet Russia, you don't rob stores. Stores rob you.

But seriously, I would rather be eaten than survive. Death is inevitable regardless, so why make the proccess prolonged and miserable. I live in the US, so probably even the zombies would have guns.

Hello,

My plan is, if its an Zombie apocalypse or an deadly virus or some kind of that, i flee in russia (Sebirian Woods) with our SUV. I have good russian Knowledge (speaking reading some writing) Why? Every 1000Km there lives maybe 5 Persons. Food and drink is there. Maybe rob some shops with the airrifle if supplies needed ;)

Robbing a Russian is like robbing a bear.
Im self half russki, many germans are cowards (many of i know, but most are ok) they even call police if they see an colourfull airsoft..

In Soviet Russia, you don't rob stores. Stores rob you.

But seriously, I would rather be eaten than survive. Death is inevitable regardless, so why make the proccess prolonged and miserable. I live in the US, so probably even the zombies would have guns.

Thats right xD

I'll just go home to my parents!

They live in a walled off subdivision with not lots of people and mostly old folks/vacation houses. The house is at the top of a small hill. The back of their lot is a 90 degree angle, 10 foot drop.

My dad also has guns and collects machetes and weird knives. -.-"

My dad raises chickens and my mom has a small veggie farm.

Weirdly enough, there are a couple of malls near their place (malls that are in the middle of nowhere!) And there's a well-stocked pharmacy a stone's throw from the subdivision walls. They're also 5km away from a nature reserve/water dam so if things get dicey, we can hopefully run into the woods and live on fish and veggies.

I have nurses and engineers for siblings so we're good for balanced professions too.

Wow, answering this thread makes me feel so blessed irl.

(Edited because it's a Nature Reserve, not Preserve, doi)

Throw the BoB (bug out bag) in the truck with the wife and kid.  Head to the family hunting lease.  After I get them settled in, figure out how to help the rest of the family in.  Already have the wells dug and ready for water for a garden and living.  Set up some rain catchers and go hunt hogs, deer, and turkey while the wives gets the garden up and running.  Dad and brother would probably start putting up another building or expansion to the lodge for comfort. Already have the reloading and fetching shed out there as well.  Damn its good to be a Texan.

Taking a car during doomsday/the zombocalypse is a great way to experience what it's like to get stuck forever in the greatest traffic jam of all time that will herald in said doomsday. Especially so here in the Netherlands with population density of 400/km2, so I would opt for a bicycle for transport. Even then I would make sure I would have walking shoes on in case I lose/have to ditch the bicycle. One good thing about living in NL is that the bicycle density is actually higher than the population density with about 440 bicycles/sq km, so you can always find a new one.  

As for places to go, there really aren't many options for remote areas. To the west is densely populated Germany, to the south are densely populated Belgium and France, to the east and North are the North Sea and the soon to be flooded coastal areas that will turn into swamps and lakes after the pumps start working. Luckily the Netherlands is riddled with all kinds of antique castles, fortifications and fortresses, and my first choise would be the fortress of Naarden. The bell-tower of the church of the fortress of Naarden to be exact.

luchtfoto_naarden.jpg

At the time it was build at the time to function as a keep of sorts and is a great fortress on it's own, but also a great base to start resettlement of the rest of the fortress. The area is good for agriculture, animal husbandry, fishing and hunting, and will be on a peninsula after the West is flooded. 

I think that for a zombie apocalypse to happen it would need to be really rapid. 1 minute everything is normal, next minute everyone is turning into zombies.

(I'm at work)

Equipment-

clothes I'm in.

Carrier bag of beans in my locker.

Tin opener in room with 5 people/zombies in.

Claw hammer on the floor near my

locker lol health and safety :P

Plan-

Get attacked by the zombie accountant that's in the same room as me. Beat them to death with bare hands and office equipment.

Run into corridor past the lockers, to the workshop to explain that I just killed someone to my co-workers!

Realise that my co-workers are zombies and run back into the corridor. Run straight past my locker and the hammer back to my workroom in a panic. Exit out the fire exit. Run up wooded hill and realise I was in a zombie apocalypse with nothing but the clothes I'm in.

At least it's not winter :)

Archived