Dismantling: This Does Not Make Sense

CaptKaspar

Farm zombies... I want my money back )))

Just because there is a good reason to farm zombies, it doesn't mean you need to. You can keep playing the exact same way you have been if you don't want to kill zombies. You don't need to loot anything off a zombie corpse either that you don't want to. Rifling through their pockets is a gross job anyways I'd imagine.

What it does do, is it gives incentive to leave your base and fight some zombies from time to time so you're not just playing a farming simulator in your base.

Things that encourage you to go do something that increases your odds of dying (fighting zombies) are a good thing in this game that is trying to kill you (primarily by zombies).

Your choice whether or not you take the risk to loot/farm zombies. If you're good at killing them and not getting killed, maybe its worth the risk. If you're not, maybe that shouldn't be your tactic.

(BTW zombies should occasionally drop nails. Hypothetically, if you were to imagine other people also trying to survive like my character is doing and were using nails much my like character is doing, they occasionally might have nails on them when bitten and turned to zombies. Just like my character's corpse reanimating would have nails on him.)

They actually do, but it's about a 20% chance for dropping 2-5 nails.

In 540 hours played and thousands upon thousands of zombies killed, I have never looted nails off a zombie without a mod installed for it.

Are you sure that its 20% in the vanilla version?

(BTW zombies should occasionally drop nails. Hypothetically, if you were to imagine other people also trying to survive like my character is doing and were using nails much my like character is doing, they occasionally might have nails on them when bitten and turned to zombies. Just like my character's corpse reanimating would have nails on him.)

In 540 hours played and thousands upon thousands of zombies killed, I have never looted nails off a zombie without a mod installed for it.

i can back this up. in my 2,000 + hours i have never seen any nails on a zombie either

i can back this up. in my 2,000 + hours i have never seen any nails on a zombie either

from my 50 hours (officially) i have seen a few but not often. and the whole (officially thing is because i played the game on a friends pc making his over 1200 and then when i got my uber pc i bought it for myself.)

Spoiler

inventorymale = {            rolls = 1,            items = {                "Base.ButterKnife", 0.1,                "Base.KitchenKnife", 0.1,                "Base.RollingPin", 0.1,                "Base.BaseballBat", 0.1,                "Base.Axe", 0.1,                "Base.WeddingRing_Man", 1,                "Base.Wallet", 1,                "Base.Wallet2", 1,                "Base.Wallet3", 1,                "Base.Wallet4", 1,                "Base.Locket", 1,                "Base.Comb", 1,                "Base.Magazine", 1,                "Base.Newspaper", 1,                "Base.Notebook", 1,                "Base.Pencil", 1,                "Base.Pen", 0.1,                "Base.Pills", 0.1,                "Base.PillsBeta", 0.1,                "Base.PillsAntiDep", 0.1,                "Base.PillsVitamins", 0.1,                "Base.Pistol", 0.1,                "Base.Bullets9mm", 0.1,                "Base.Plasticbag", 0.1,                "Base.Tote", 0.1,                "Base.Duffelbag", 0.1,                "Base.Schoolbag", 0.1,                "Base.NormalHikingBag", 0.1,                "Base.BigHikingBag", 0.1,                "Base.Cologne", 0.2,                "Base.CreditCard", 1,            }        },        inventoryfemale = {            rolls = 1,            items = {                "Base.Lipstick", 1,                "Base.MakeupEyeshadow", 1,                "Base.MakeupFoundation", 1,                "Base.WeddingRing_Woman", 1,                "Base.Earbuds", 1,                "Base.Ring", 1,                "Base.Earrings", 1,                "Base.Necklacepearl", 1,                "Base.Locket", 1,                "Base.Comb", 1,                "Base.Magazine", 1,                "Base.Newspaper", 1,                "Base.Notebook", 1,                "Base.Pencil", 1,                "Base.Pen", 1,                "Base.Doll", 0.5,                "Base.Pills", 0.1,                "Base.PillsBeta", 0.1,                "Base.PillsAntiDep", 0.1,                "Base.PillsVitamins", 0.1,                "Base.Pistol", 0.1,                "Base.Bullets9mm", 0.1,                "Base.Plasticbag", 0.1,                "Base.Tote", 0.1,                "Base.Purse", 0.1,                "Base.Duffelbag", 0.1,                "Base.Schoolbag", 0.1,                "Base.NormalHikingBag", 0.1,                "Base.BigHikingBag", 0.1,                "Base.CreditCard", 1,                "Base.Perfume", 0.5,            }        },

Spoiler
        inventorymale = {            rolls = 1,            items = {                "Base.ButterKnife", 0.1,                "Base.KitchenKnife", 0.1,                "Base.RollingPin", 0.1,                "Base.BaseballBat", 0.1,                "Base.Axe", 0.1,                "Base.WeddingRing_Man", 1,                "Base.Wallet", 1,                "Base.Wallet2", 1,                "Base.Wallet3", 1,                "Base.Wallet4", 1,                "Base.Locket", 1,                "Base.Comb", 1,                "Base.Magazine", 1,                "Base.Newspaper", 1,                "Base.Notebook", 1,                "Base.Pencil", 1,                "Base.Pen", 0.1,                "Base.Pills", 0.1,                "Base.PillsBeta", 0.1,                "Base.PillsAntiDep", 0.1,                "Base.PillsVitamins", 0.1,                "Base.Pistol", 0.1,                "Base.Bullets9mm", 0.1,                "Base.Plasticbag", 0.1,                "Base.Tote", 0.1,                "Base.Duffelbag", 0.1,                "Base.Schoolbag", 0.1,                "Base.NormalHikingBag", 0.1,                "Base.BigHikingBag", 0.1,                "Base.Cologne", 0.2,                "Base.CreditCard", 1,            }        },        inventoryfemale = {            rolls = 1,            items = {                "Base.Lipstick", 1,                "Base.MakeupEyeshadow", 1,                "Base.MakeupFoundation", 1,                "Base.WeddingRing_Woman", 1,                "Base.Earbuds", 1,                "Base.Ring", 1,                "Base.Earrings", 1,                "Base.Necklacepearl", 1,                "Base.Locket", 1,                "Base.Comb", 1,                "Base.Magazine", 1,                "Base.Newspaper", 1,                "Base.Notebook", 1,                "Base.Pencil", 1,                "Base.Pen", 1,                "Base.Doll", 0.5,                "Base.Pills", 0.1,                "Base.PillsBeta", 0.1,                "Base.PillsAntiDep", 0.1,                "Base.PillsVitamins", 0.1,                "Base.Pistol", 0.1,                "Base.Bullets9mm", 0.1,                "Base.Plasticbag", 0.1,                "Base.Tote", 0.1,                "Base.Purse", 0.1,                "Base.Duffelbag", 0.1,                "Base.Schoolbag", 0.1,                "Base.NormalHikingBag", 0.1,                "Base.BigHikingBag", 0.1,                "Base.CreditCard", 1,                "Base.Perfume", 0.5,            }        },

settles that one :)

... If you have the means to remove a nail, odds are you also have the means to straighten it again. It's very easy to do. 

Unless you've basically bent the nail in half, you can recover it with a little patience. 

You're more likely to split the wood than break a nail. 

Regarding screws in manual build constructions; I'd kill for a good manual drill. I could make do with a decent awl and a set of chisels. 

power tools would be nice in general.

... I ... differ in opinion, on the following principle; The lights, sooner or later, are going out. Whether it's an infrastructure failure, a power plant falling apart, an act of war... the things we take for granted, the things we use every day without a thought? They won't be there for us to use. Not forever, and ... probably not even "for long". 

Manual tools are where it's at... or rather, where it will be at, at some point.