Special zombies(diffrent then that other post somone made)

Thatonesandwitch

Okay okay hear me out no by the special zombies im talking about i don't mean anything like the special infected like from left for dead im talking about a realistic special now a few in mind after  the NPCs are added and armor let say a survivor was just infected and was wearing Kevlar now that zombie has a bit of immunity to body shots but still take knockback.Or a military or vet wearing full combat armor they get bit now he a military zombie and tougher to kill or a recent infected they have a little speed to there step unlike older. and lets say someone died of starvation and got infected that zombie is going to have a hard time moving.also a very mangled up zombie harder time trying to get you. i mean really you not going to run into the same dam zombie EVERYWHERE in the map your going to see some specialized that have something on them or to them that helps/hurts them.

I actually think this would be nice. No L4D style boomers or tanks, just regular people who died in otherwise unusual circumstances that would allow the resulting zombie a bit of advantage over the others. Given the natural presence of law enforcement and military personnel during apocalyptic panic anyways, there would definitely be infected riot officers with the facemasks/helmets, or frontline soldiers who could soak up more body damage. I'm sure this is actually planned for when they add more cosmetic/functional clothing, but it's still good to brainstorm while we wait.

I hate running zombies. Look at the image above, this is a ,,real" zombie. Slowly creepy, rotting corpse.

I was thinking of maybe a few seconds of fast staggering/stumbling rather than running.

But I know what you mean about running zombies. It just seems so wrong! But could add to the fun?

I think I remember Binky saying that they'd want to give zombies semi-random items/clothing etc at some point, including profession wear and stuff like that... But it's been over a year from that post so can't say what the current view on that is.

Some half-body-zombie-crawler would be awesome.

dead-bicycle-girl_20110818081031.jpg

Zombie police (pistol,baton,ammo)

Zombie firefighter (...Fireaxe surprise!) etc 

I would never like the zombies to actually handle weapons, like a fireaxe, and as far as my knowledge goes, that is also the case with the regular romero vision, which is PZ's zombie behaviour. I could be wrong though.

Am totally fine with zombies gaining properties from clothing and I imagine this wouldn't be considered a "special" zombie unless it was overpowered.

Recently infected zombies do have different properties compared to long-reanimated zombies in Project Zomboid (note deterioration under Proper Zombies in Sandbox).

Not a fan of zombies using tools, personally, even though this has been apart of the genre since Romero's first zombie flick. He's been inconsistent about it ever sence. I do not believe this happens in Brooks lore.

Unique models for zombies may pose a problem due to memory and CPU things, but we'll just have to wait and see there.

It seems that the idea was similar to the "uncommon" infected in L4D. There would be regular zombies that just were slightly different. For example constrution worker zeds had hardhats and hearing protection (deaf but take more damage?). It seems more like a minor variation in inventory.

It seems that the idea was similar to the "uncommon" infected in L4D. There would be regular zombies that just were slightly different. For example constrution worker zeds had hardhats and hearing protection (deaf but take more damage?). It seems more like a minor variation in inventory.

this i would like to see with a clothing update. try to take down that zombie with the bullet proof armor now why dontcha.

While I like the general idea of this, there's a bit of a flaw in the tank armored military/police/survivor zombie thing from a realism perspective (yeah I know, blah blah zombies aren't real). If only headshots are effective, all armor is going to do is make the zombie less balanced than it already is, and therefore even more vulnerable to being knocked down and incapacitated enough to get an easy headshot in.

Really, it'd probably fall down long before anyone came along to loot its 30lb vest full of steel plates.