Burning Corpses

Blake81

Just for fun, I thought I'd play a game with INSANE number of Zeds, to see how much I could last. And guess what, I'm already on my second month (finding an axe on the very first shed I searched is probably the reason of why), but sadly, the outside (and sometimes the inside; I need to loot more Bleach...) of my safehouse at Dixie Dinner is starting to look like the aftermath of the Battle of Gettysburg in ''Gone with the Wind'', and I dare say even more cluttered with dead.

post-21907-0-44295400-1432517369_thumb.j

(Which I gathered in this overcluttered pile after searching each of them for ammo, medicine and weapons)

So, after I found a can of Gas I began to wonder.... why I can't pour it over that pile o'bodies and burn them down to nothingness so I can pile even more bodies there later and repeat the process?

Seriously, you see this kind of thing take place in many a zombie movie or game, and it could be a good way to dispose of all those cluttering bodies (maybe even serve as an impromptu firewall to keep other Zeds away, like they one they made circling the Pope during the Black Death to protect him from fleas and rats.) rather than have them around stinking (or worse, reviving).

Of course, this would have to come with the same unfortunate implications of campfires and the soon-to-return molotov cocktails. Like say, the fire extending to your beloved safehouse, or that place you had yet to loot. Still, it could be an useful feature to get rid of those annoying piles of corpses.

Fluffe9911 is right, if you have a gas can you burn 'em up.

I think any fire source should work though... It's kinda hard to find gas at the moment.

Also, on a semi-related note, I'm having trouble piling my corpses into a pile. The game won't let me.

Fluffe9911 is right, if you have a gas can you burn 'em up.

I think any fire source should work though... It's kinda hard to find gas at the moment.

Also, on a semi-related note, I'm having trouble piling my corpses into a pile. The game won't let me.

You can right click and pick them up as objects, only one at a time though. Being overencumbered also plays into it, you might be going over the 50lb max

In a related idea, possibly make a mass grave, later on? 

Digging a 6 foot grave is an immense amount of labour for one man. 

You want to dig a grave for tens or hundreds? You'll need months!

Pssshh in the walking dead they dug like 2 foot graves, and they were fine!  and that's the most reliable source of zombie knowledge!  [/end sarcasm]

But yeah, fair enough.  We'll just toss them in a basement when their added.  That's close enough to a grave...

Actually I can still pick them up, but the game won't allow me to place them down on top of another corpse.

I figured it out. The game assumes I'm trying to put the corpse into another corpse's inventory, and I have to select the ground in the looting menu. Weird quirk.

Actually I can still pick them up, but the game won't allow me to place them down on top of another corpse.

I figured it out. The game assumes I'm trying to put the corpse into another corpse's inventory, and I have to select the ground in the looting menu. Weird quirk.

Heh, actually, ground was always selected by Default, that they changed it to first available container instead actually speeds looting up a lot. You can just drag the corpse out of your inventory and "drop" it anywhere around your character (Instead of the Container inventory window) and it will go right to the ground.