Looking for Artists for Hydrocraft Mod!

Hydromancerx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard you needed a cheeserack so I tried to draw one. I hope it's ok for now, I tried to match the style of the game but I'm not sure how good it will look in game, I don't know how to test it.

Feel free to edit it so suit your needs or I can do it if you tell me what it needs.

cheese2.png

I've decided to make a windmill sprite, since I am really excited about seeing it in the mod! If you still need it, here's my take on it:

GSYRrAc.png

I took the original assets as base for it, so it will fit in and won't look out of place. Also tried to make it look makeshift as much as possible, taking in account materials that you'd have by your side when making it(with carpentry I guess).

Hey! I made a Copper Mug for you to use If you still need it, I got the original sprite from here, http://www.iconarchive.com/show/coffee-icons-by-pixture.html

I just did some edits to the Steel-Mug Icon, Hope it works for ya and, Ill be working on more.  :)

attachicon.gifCopper-Mug-By MITPH.png

Cool thank you. I was not planning on metal mugs, but now I am. ;)

I've decided to make a windmill sprite, since I am really excited about seeing it in the mod! If you still need it, here's my take on it:

GSYRrAc.png

I took the original assets as base for it, so it will fit in and won't look out of place. Also tried to make it look makeshift as much as possible, taking in account materials that you'd have by your side when making it(with carpentry I guess).

Holy smokes!! Thank you so much!!

Glad you liked it! I totally think there needs to be a few more copper items added in to be recycled into ingots! and I hope you like this! Its your new Whiskey Still! I've never made an isometric image before so this is my first, I used some of the in game assets and used your barrel for wines although I did change it a bit). But I hope you like it! Im glad I decided to make an account here I've wanted to help with mod art for a long time haha, I just have so many ideas that could be added in too, I have no coding experience though :\ but I am a certified graphic designer so when it comes to art I got ya :)

post-24316-0-90519300-1438763555_thumb.p

Now we just need a Water Tower. I want to get it where the Windmill sucks the water from the well and then goes into the water tower.

DiagramWind-1024x791.jpg

So it would basiclly be like 2 to 4 objects all combined into one item Windmill + Water Tower + possibly a well first and/or a livestock trough. The Base game has an animal trough I can grab for that.

Glad you liked it! I totally think there needs to be a few more copper items added in to be recycled into ingots! and I hope you like this! Its your new Whiskey Still! I've never made an isometric image before so this is my first, I used some of the in game assets and used your barrel for wines although I did change it a bit). But I hope you like it! Im glad I decided to make an account here I've wanted to help with mod art for a long time haha, I just have so many ideas that could be added in too, I have no coding experience though :\ but I am a certified graphic designer so when it comes to art I got ya :)

attachicon.gifPZ Still Finished-MITPH.png

Oh wow that looks great! I was posted when you did so sorry for the delayed reply. Very nice! Not sure if I will get the whole distilling process in this week but now I at least have the art for it!

I have been a bit sick this week so I have not gotten as much modding done as I would have liked. :(

Now we just need a Water Tower. I want to get it where the Windmill sucks the water from the well and then goes into the water tower.

DiagramWind-1024x791.jpg

So it would basiclly be like 2 to 4 objects all combined into one item Windmill + Water Tower + possibly a well first and/or a livestock trough. The Base game has an animal trough I can grab for that.

Oh wow that looks great! I was posted when you did so sorry for the delayed reply. Very nice! Not sure if I will get the whole distilling process in this week but now I at least have the art for it!

I have been a bit sick this week so I have not gotten as much modding done as I would have liked. :(

Its all good, glad ya like it! but ah man sorry to hear that, hope ya feel better soon! And ill see if I can put a water tower together today for ya! For the distilling process you could add in both whiskey and moonshine making using the still. Id also suggest adding in a new construction/ recyclable item called a "copper pipe joint" http://i.stack.imgur.com/HTW13m.jpg,  you would need 4 of them, along with 6 copper pipes for the still (and what ever other ingredients you'd need). the Copper pipe joint could also be recyclable by smelting down 4 or 5 per ingot.

EDIT: You'd also might want to add a "Copper Coil" item as well for the still. I totally forgot about that lol. Could make that one recyclable too? 3 to 4 per ingot maybe?

Made another one, this time it's the distillery(which I am also very excited about).

Once again, the base is original assets so it fits the game as much as possible.

Made two versions, so pick whichever you like most. One is the distillery itself and the other one has corresponding clutter/ingredients on the table.

P.S. Hope this ain't just for whiskey. Would love to treat myself with a little bit of moonshine in the last days of humanity.  ;)

Distillery:

ceJ4P9J.png

Distillery(Cluttered):

u3GpyVw.png

Oh, nevermind. Didn't see that the Distillery was already made at time of my posting, sorry.  :P

Shower sprites are done. Again, two versions: one is jsut the base shower, second one is with mini-makeshift sink(wash hands etc), soap and towel.

Shower:

cdkMknk.png

Shower+Sink:

4BMP8ri.png

Edited by DeadlyStr1ke

Making Whiskey in game could be a bit tricky, because Whiskey is (almost) distilled beer, and for beer you need grains like barley, which aren't in game yet.

On the other hand, you can make Calvados from distilled apple spirit, Vodka from potatoes, and Eau de Vie from... well, pretty much anything fruit-related.

There's also ethanol distillation for use as bio-fuel, but I'm not sure throwing ethanol into the generators in game is a good idea ;)

DiagramWind-1024x791.jpg

Its all good, glad ya like it! but ah man sorry to hear that, hope ya feel better soon! And ill see if I can put a water tower together today for ya! For the distilling process you could add in both whiskey and moonshine making using the still. Id also suggest adding in a new construction/ recyclable item called a "copper pipe joint" http://i.stack.imgur.com/HTW13m.jpg,  you would need 4 of them, along with 6 copper pipes for the still (and what ever other ingredients you'd need). the Copper pipe joint could also be recyclable by smelting down 4 or 5 per ingot.

EDIT: You'd also might want to add a "Copper Coil" item as well for the still. I totally forgot about that lol. Could make that one recyclable too? 3 to 4 per ingot maybe?

If there were glass equivalents of the copper coil, you could also look at expanding on the lab equipment in game with a view to producing a reflux condensor, which can be very handy for extracting and distilling compounds. I once made what was basically Deep Heat in a lab using orange peel as the base. You could also use it for making components of chemical dyes, including ones for use in things like paint.

Gave the smoker a try. Made the base with all the stones that lay around with not much use in mind + the example stuck in my mind throughout the making. Again, elements of makeshift in all the sprites. If you're looking for a smoker "out of a factory" just say so and I'll try to make it look like that.

3sFH5lA.png

Last batch of icons for today. Haven't slept for almost 24 hours, but once I wake up I'll try to contribute some more if I see anything I can take on on the list. Hope you'll find at least one of these useful, thanks for the amazing mod! 

So here it is. Washboard(+ Tub). 6 variations.

TbBvlC5.png 5kEjeTW.png Ru0uYYd.pngF0AEHZG.pngXKTkScc.pngzZCTpf3.png

Edited by DeadlyStr1ke

Made another one, this time it's the distillery(which I am also very excited about).

Once again, the base is original assets so it fits the game as much as possible.

Made two versions, so pick whichever you like most. One is the distillery itself and the other one has corresponding clutter/ingredients on the table.

P.S. Hope this ain't just for whiskey. Would love to treat myself with a little bit of moonshine in the last days of humanity.  ;)

Distillery:

ceJ4P9J.png

Distillery(Cluttered):

u3GpyVw.png

Oh, nevermind. Didn't see that the Distillery was already made at time of my posting, sorry.  :P

Shower sprites are done. Again, two versions: one is jsut the base shower, second one is with mini-makeshift sink(wash hands etc), soap and towel.

Shower:

cdkMknk.png

Shower+Sink:

4BMP8ri.png

Gave the smoker a try. Made the base with all the stones that lay around with not much use in mind + the example stuck in my mind throughout the making. Again, elements of makeshift in all the sprites. If you're looking for a smoker "out of a factory" just say so and I'll try to make it look like that.

3sFH5lA.png

Last batch of icons for today. Haven't slept for almost 24 hours, but once I wake up I'll try to contribute some more if I see anything I can take on on the list. Hope you'll find at least one of these useful, thanks for the amazing mod! 

So here it is. Washboard(+ Tub). 6 variations.

TbBvlC5.png 5kEjeTW.png Ru0uYYd.pngF0AEHZG.pngXKTkScc.pngzZCTpf3.png

Wow Nice work! and sorry I beat ya to the distillery :P however yours looks great too, and I love your smoker, Although I'm not sure if its my monitor settings or not but it does look rather dark, I can barley make out the smokers hatch door or the fire box's door as well :[. other than that It looks great! The shower is sweet two, good idea adding the sink onto it! I like that one better than the shower alone :)

Sooo hydro I think I found a pretty crappy bug lol, I went on PZ to start designing a water tower so I got everything together to build a Wooden Vat (was planning on using it for the top of the tower) So when I went to the crafting menu and pressed craft one for a wooden vat it used up my 7 planks and 4 wooden rings and only made a wooden bucket instead! lol not sure how that happened! Thought id give ya a heads up though :)

Wow Nice work! and sorry I beat ya to the distillery :P however yours looks great too, and I love your smoker, Although I'm not sure if its my monitor settings or not but it does look rather dark, I can barley make out the smokers hatch door or the fire box's door as well :[. other than that It looks great! The shower is sweet two, good idea adding the sink onto it! I like that one better than the shower alone :)

Sooo hydro I think I found a pretty crappy bug lol, I went on PZ to start designing a water tower so I got everything together to build a Wooden Vat (was planning on using it for the top of the tower) So when I went to the crafting menu and pressed craft one for a wooden vat it used up my 7 planks and 4 wooden rings and only made a wooden bucket instead! lol not sure how that happened! Thought id give ya a heads up though :)

Thanks a lot! All good with the distillery, I had fun making it either way and the most important thing is that it has a sprite, means we'll have another epic item in-game! Yeah, the door on the smoker is a bit too dark for the eye, these type of sprites are my real weakness, I always had problems when it came to dark metal objects and outlining some parts on them. I've made another version, but this is as far as I could take it without the lines getting so out of place that it's a sore in the eye and feels like the smoker has a giant  super contrasting outline and looks weird.

Here's version 2, a bit lighter. Hope the outlining is easier to see on this one, otherwise I might have to change colors drasticly to something that will still look not out of place, but is easier to see, if I can find that combination.

LjA0HEW.png

Here are some of the scarecrow sprites, including separate base. Why take it all apart. Well while I was making the scarecrow and I decided to make something extra using the base and taking in account the dark times. And so here it is. Zombies/Dead Player instead of the scarecrow. The face is taken from the early zomboid days as a little easter egg, although you can't really tell with all the blood. But I though it would be cool for multiplayer, so that you know you don't want to go into that base surrounded by all those hanged corpses. Or perhaps this could be a bandit brought to justice(Recipe would be something like: Scarecrow Base + Corpse + rope? That is totally up to you though in terms of inclusion and the recipe). Anyways, here are all the 6 versions, scarecrow and deadman both have 2 facing directions(perhaps 2 crafting recipies so that you can place them more freely?).

FIJoGEU.png IJtsvoC.pngqy8mzqt.pnggw9F6IW.pngdMzv1iK.pngYbfIGEu.png

Wow! DeadlyStr1ke all those look awesome! I am not sure which distillery I will use of the 3 since they all look nice.

One thing bothers me about the shower though. It has alike a mini-rain barrel on a rope, perhaps it should be a bucket instead.

I'll change the "bucket" to a real one, no problems! :D  Can I use wooden bucket from the mod as base?

And done. Made my own bucket, but if you want me to use the one from the mod, just say and it shall be done. Both version with new, actual bucket! :P

CfJVC8U.pngbu1Jkq0.png

Edited by DeadlyStr1ke