Remove/delay cracking walls and floors.

Magic Mark

Maybe it's to make up for the fact that you often won't live long enough to see the full erosion.

As for removing/delaying it. The sandbox settings have an erosion speed setting.

500 days (the longest you can delay it) is still unrealistically fast for walls and floors to crack. That said, it also delays the time for trees and grass to grow as well which is a negatively-implicating gameplay factor for me.

Yes, if it were delayed much more, it wouldn't be visible.

But could there be possibly less visible damage at first. I could see it having small cracks that grow but it seems like you leave and a week later the road is almost gone. And as you left there was no damage what so ever. I feel something like stage before erosion can spread or appear. It would be nice but i really dont mind since the only bother to me is the grass.

IMO this suggestion has some backing to it. Yes, erosion is cool to see, but for those of us that have a setup figured out and have survived for many months ingame it seems really unsatisfying that our fortified house has random near-crumbled walls.

Edit: Better suggestion:

Make object erosion different from nature's growth.

I'll delay object erosion as long as possible but removing my ability to grow wood bushes and stuff sort of hinders my gameplay.

Well, stuff can actually go to hell pretty quickly if not maintained. Especially in the southern US where you have stuff like Kudzu, which can grow at a rate of a foot a day and is incredibly destructive. I'm not saying brick walls, specifically, but hardwood floors exposed to the elements warp and pull themselves from the subfloor pretty quickly, etc. It might not all be perfectly realistic, and maybe there's a bit of room for tweaking, but I don't think it's terribly far off to the truth.

Well, stuff can actually go to hell pretty quickly if not maintained. Especially in the southern US where you have stuff like Kudzu, which can grow at a rate of a foot a day and is incredibly destructive. I'm not saying brick walls, specifically, but hardwood floors exposed to the elements warp and pull themselves from the subfloor pretty quickly, etc. It might not all be perfectly realistic, and maybe there's a bit of room for tweaking, but I don't think it's terribly far off to the truth.

Not necessarily quick. I remember when I used to help my buddy 'flip' houses and one of the properties was abandoned for 3 years. The hardwood on the base floor was dusty and a bit stained but by no means falling apart.

I think everything being configurable and even adding the ability to disable the setting would make sense.

Some plants can grow fast enough to do what they do to SOME buildings.

Not all plants grow that fast, not to mention industrial chemicals should prevent growth in several locations, leaving them blighted for years. 

I think that erosion is an awesome thing to have however, I do believe that it does work too fast. The arguments for fast erosion is are two: We want to see it happening and it could happen without maintenance. I can't argue with wanting to see it happen, but I can say that the key in this kind of erosion is "without maintenance". If we're living in that house we could do maintenance, especially with the carpentry skill available. If we keep the erosion speed as it is, perhaps we should have the ability to have a repair option as well.

I think what we need is an additional box in sandbox with 4 options.

Off: Turns the mod off.
Low: Bit lighter on the details.
Medium: The middle you fools.
High: How it is now.

Then, for those who are bothered you turn it off, for those that like it but think having a jungle in town after 6 months is intense can set it to low etc.

Now go on. Praise me.

I think what we need is an additional box in sandbox with 4 options.

Off: Turns the mod off.

Low: Bit lighter on the details.

Medium: The middle you fools.

High: How it is now.

Then, for those who are bothered you turn it off, for those that like it but think having a jungle in town after 6 months is intense can set it to low etc.

Now go on. Praise me.

I would, but I think a bunch of the posts before you asked for more options as well.

Personally I would like nature's growth and man-made decay to be two separate categories to change.