Hydrocraft Mod
120 120

4257 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello @Hydromancerx !

Some changes to notice since the build 39 is here.

They changed the loot zones, i mean, before the build 39, in some garages or areas like this, there was many different stuff and we could find some computer parts, magazines, cooking stuff, box of stuff, alchemy stuff and now, it has changed and we can only find some stuff that we can find in hardware store. I join a screen on my server here Hydrocraft is wrking under Build 39 (I have no big issues with it btw). And we can't find the stuff we found before this new build anymore, anywhere. I look for it everywhere, can't craft electronic workbench and gardening workbench anymore (And probably others). 

 

It's in french but items are the same (you can guess it by the icon)

Is there a way to be fixed ? Probably by changing in the scrpits the spawn location od the stuff i mentionned ? Thanks !

 

image.thumb.png.e800ae17370ecf8cab56c32571204f19.png

 

 

Edited by Kitsune Alias Nana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello Hydromancerx,

I'm sorry to bothering you but I just want to know if I can use the archery part of your mod, because I want to publish a new mod with only the archery of Hydrocraft (with simplier Recipe, replace arrowhead with sharped stone, a 2nd fletching made with newspaper, and a Recipe to break stone in 2 sharped stone)

So I ask your permission to use the lua, script, model and texture (I have ask to francogp too, but I don't know who belongs the lua property, so  i'm asking to you for starting) and like I already made this new "Compound bow" I want you to know that you will already have the future permission to take it and add it in Hydrocraft (if you want it, for sure) and maybe create him a Recipe with carbon fiber or things you have add with Hydrocraft ;) take a look:

20180613132458_1.jpg

20180613200113_1.jpg

20180613200204_1.jpg

Edited by link8dragon
better screenshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So I'm trying to use my new solar generator to power a small section of the mall where my base is, and I'm finding that the power occasionally cuts out. I can fix it for a little by turning it on and off again, but it doesn't last forever. This wouldn't be a huge problem for me (though food going bad in the fridge when I'm not at base is a pain), but the rest of the server doesn't have the electricity to do it when I'm not online and they're trying to play.

What causes this? Is there a limited number of things (lights, tvs, fridges, stoves), that a solar generator can power?

I asked an admin to spawn in a second in the same location to test this theory, and it didn't have any impact.

Is this a bug, or do solar generators have a 'charge' that can only cover so much and eventually it runs out and needs to be restarted?

Edited by Arcane Thesis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Arcane Thesis said:

So I'm trying to use my new solar generator to power a small section of the mall where my base is, and I'm finding that the power occasionally cuts out. I can fix it for a little by turning it on and off again, but it doesn't last forever. This wouldn't be a huge problem for me (though food going bad in the fridge when I'm not at base is a pain), but the rest of the server doesn't have the electricity to do it when I'm not online and they're trying to play.

What causes this? Is there a limited number of things (lights, tvs, fridges, stoves), that a solar generator can power?

I asked an admin to spawn in a second in the same location to test this theory, and it didn't have any impact.

Is this a bug, or do solar generators have a 'charge' that can only cover so much and eventually it runs out and needs to be restarted?

Arcane, I ran into this issue also. The work-around is to remove ALL vanilla generators from the area. The solar generator should then stay on when you leave/enter the area and when you reload the saved game.

 

I have over 20 large fridges/freezers being powered by my solar gen so I don't think there is a limit. In vanilla the more devices that are connected to your gas generator there are, the more gas it consumes. Since

the solar gen doesn't consume gas there shouldn't be a limit. The only thing that would affect power is range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, link8dragon said:

Hello Hydromancerx,

I'm sorry to bothering you but I just want to know if I can use the archery part of your mod, because I want to publish a new mod with only the archery of Hydrocraft (with simplier Recipe, replace arrowhead with sharped stone, a 2nd fletching made with newspaper, and a Recipe to break stone in 2 sharped stone)

So I ask your permission to use the lua, script, model and texture (I have ask to francogp too, but I don't know who belongs the lua property, so  i'm asking to you for starting) and like I already made this new "Compound bow" I want you to know that you will already have the future permission to take it and add it in Hydrocraft (if you want it, for sure) and maybe create him a Recipe with carbon fiber or things you have add with Hydrocraft ;) take a look:

You can always make an "add-on" mod for Hydrocraft as long as you give credit and have Hydrocraft as a require mod on steam.

 

However if you are asking to take stuff out of Hydrocraft for a stand alone mod, you would have to ask the original maker of the bows, which would be from the Extra Weapons mod by Tommysticks. And yeah francogp for the 3D model.

 

Again i highly recommend you just do an "add-on" mod for Hydrocraft. Others have done this and it has turned out well since they use content from the mod and add to it without having to deconstruct anything out of the mod. It also means i can see what you have in mind and possibly add it to Hydrocraft itself.

Edited by Hydromancerx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PPanda0421 said:

Arcane, I ran into this issue also. The work-around is to remove ALL vanilla generators from the area. The solar generator should then stay on when you leave/enter the area and when you reload the saved game.

 

I have over 20 large fridges/freezers being powered by my solar gen so I don't think there is a limit. In vanilla the more devices that are connected to your gas generator there are, the more gas it consumes. Since

the solar gen doesn't consume gas there shouldn't be a limit. The only thing that would affect power is range.

 

With another survivor on the server, we've combed the entire mall and couldn't find a vanilla generator.

How far away was your generator from the solar one when you ran into this?

Could a barbecue or any other devices count as a generator for this purpose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Arcane Thesis said:

 

With another survivor on the server, we've combed the entire mall and couldn't find a vanilla generator.

How far away was your generator from the solar one when you ran into this?

Could a barbecue or any other devices count as a generator for this purpose?

My vanilla generators were within a few cells of my solar generator. No a barbecue does not count as a generator.

 

You should do additional testing. Go to a large empty area and place the solar generator and see if it works when you leave/enter the area. Then place the vanilla generator right next to it and see if the solar generator still works when you leave/enter the area.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Hydromancerx

OK thanks for the answer...

So yeah, the idea is take out stuff and make my stand-alone mod for archery (for people like me who prefer making their own overhaul, sorry for you, love the mod, add so much things that it's maybe to much things, I like keeping a vanilla taste) so I will ask Tommysticks his permission before doing anything, of course (don't know bows come from extra weapon too, I personally use ORGM) and I will wait for francogp answering me too...

If you are still interrested by my compound bow, you have my permission to add it to your mod (just in case nobody answer me, it will still be publish somewhere and I will not make an add-on just for 1 bow... and maybe a new crossbow, nah...) I just have to take a look how to send you in PM (don't want anybody take it here too, sorry guys ^^) and just like you did all times, give me a little credit, I don't do that for being MOTY but credit is always appreciated ;)

I just want to know one thing, traps on hydrocraft (from nolan richie i think) they work on Zeds? because I read on nolan page that they are just for player but you look to have add barbed wire fence and things like that working on Zeds... I presume ^^

 

Edit: I don't know how to send you that XD can't attach anything in PM and I'm not sure that just only text in a PM work, right?

Re-Edit: So yes it work, just have tried to copy code in an other model (a copy of katana model) and I have find my bow with model working, so I give you here the texture and send you in PM the model (text) with ctrl+a (select all) and ctrl+c (copy) then ctrl+v (paste) ^^

Object_Compoundbow.png

Edited by link8dragon
HELP HAHAHA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, opresser said:

When will we have potted planter fixed?

after certain times of watering it,

it just became planter

Next update there will be a patch for it from the potted plant creator. However I am still working on converting HC to build 39.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2018 at 2:23 AM, Kitsune Alias Nana said:

Hello @Hydromancerx !

Some changes to notice since the build 39 is here.

They changed the loot zones, i mean, before the build 39, in some garages or areas like this, there was many different stuff and we could find some computer parts, magazines, cooking stuff, box of stuff, alchemy stuff and now, it has changed and we can only find some stuff that we can find in hardware store. I join a screen on my server here Hydrocraft is wrking under Build 39 (I have no big issues with it btw). And we can't find the stuff we found before this new build anymore, anywhere. I look for it everywhere, can't craft electronic workbench and gardening workbench anymore (And probably others). 

 

It's in french but items are the same (you can guess it by the icon)

Is there a way to be fixed ? Probably by changing in the scrpits the spawn location od the stuff i mentionned ? Thanks !

 

image.thumb.png.e800ae17370ecf8cab56c32571204f19.png

 

 

@Hydromancerx and can you do something for this ? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, I'm having some issues with repairing weapons with Hydrocraft items, namely packing/masking tape and whatnot, as they aren't actually registering as valid items in the repair rightclick path. 

It's happening both with the base game baseball bat, the spiked bat variant, and then the hydrocraft baseball bat(s), the one i tested with because i'm too lazy to install a item spawning menu being the monkey wrench bat.

Instead of requiring the correctly named item, which is an actual item in the game world, it's calling for the file path. I've already messed around in the files to verify that things are a-okay and correct but i'll post any updates if i find a way to fix this on my own.

 

XofKza2.jpgppQFwZt.png

Edited by Krutchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Okay so it looks like I found a way around it by removing the 'Hydrocraft.' prefix? It's still showing as the file path name though in the repair menu, which is pretty weird, but now it is repairing and removing the correct materials.

Spoiler

U6tSD4m.jpg

Spoiler

d8rqtdx.jpg

 

Edited by Krutchen
spoiler tagging images as to not FLOOD THE THREAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

**** REQUIRES BUILD 39! ****

 

Hydrocraft v10.3 has been released!

 

Which includes ...

 

- Fixed Loot Spawn for Grocery Storage (should fix other spawn areas)

- Fixed some typos.

- Added Potted Plant Update

- Added Loot for new spawn zones

- Fixed  Assemble Welding Torch

- Removed HC CarKey, HC Tire Iron, HC Muffler, HC Shocks and HC Tire

- Added Auto Parts to Junkyards

- Replaced Tire recipes with new tires

- Converted HC Car Battery to " Car Battery with Clamps"

- Can cut Double Head Wrench into Wrench

- Fixed Toy Army Man

- Can Recycle New Car Parts

- Mech Skill books added to random books

- New seeds added to mystery seed packets

- Possible fix for repairing items

- Applied Mech skill to recipes

- Bags you push or pull changed to 100% weight reduction

- Added Alfredo Sauce and 3 Pastas

- Added Corn Syrup

- Added Pizza Delivery Bag

- Added Auto Repair Textbook

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

 

Enjoy!

Edited by Hydromancerx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small bug:

 

1529144992540 Loading: steamapps/workshop/content/108600/498441420/mods/Hydrocraft/media/lua/server/JunkyardExtra.lua
Jun 16, 2018 12:29:52 PM zombie.Lua.LuaManager RunLua
SEVERE: Error found in LUA file: steamapps/workshop/content/108600/498441420/mods/Hydrocraft/media/lua/server/JunkyardExtra.lua
se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaException: JunkyardExtra.lua:418: 'then' expected near `the`
        at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.lexerror(LexState.java:280)
        at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.syntaxerror(LexState.java:291)
        at org.luaj.kahluafork.compiler.LexState.error_expected(LexState.java:686)

 

rgds

Ixolan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Thanx for the work! I got some problem though..

After this update my dogs disappeard, and if i place one on the ground it disappears after some time...

And are the sleeping bags and tents fixed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks like it's fixed the hydrocraft items, but the base game baseball bat is still having issues.

 

Spoiler

esAN0rU.png

Spoiler

IkoIiA5.jpg

 

Will proceed to test and see if i can fix it in any way.

Edited by Krutchen
spoiler tagging images as to not FLOOD THE THREAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow okay that was a thing

I moved the baseball bat fixer recipe into scripts>weapons bats and all the references worked. 

Spoiler

mTaTQ9u.jpg

 

Then I removed the fixer stuff from scripts>base items

Also might I say that not having to make a new save every time I reload sped this up so much, i was making new saves and hunting for packing tape last night every time lol.

Spoiler

0vrNM47.jpg

(Changed in >weapons bats)

Spoiler

KtiRcv3.jpg

(removed base repair items from the >weapons bats entry

Afterwards everything worked, but you might wanna remove the basic repair recipe stuff so it doesn't repeat itself. Maybe you could do multiple entries if you're changing a base item's repair cost, one in scripts>base items and then the hydrocraft additions in scripts>'weapon file'?

^^^ After testing this I can verify that it works and I appear to have solved the problem of base items not playing nice with hydrocraft items. You can remove the hydrocraft prefix and it'll work, but with a weird file name, or you can have an additional entry within a hydrocraft file, as well as an entry in the base items file if you're needing to change any fixing costs from the base game.

Spoiler

5FnbJ3K.jpg

We gucci

Spoiler

SPNOxRc.jpg

 

Edited by Krutchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted you to know that searching small bags in the small junk yard isnt working. It searches the bags but there are no items at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that too; Bags and boxes not turning up any items, Metal Detector doing the same - Also chiming in with the disappearing Dogs. Don't know if it's a recent problem, but our newly built Solar Generators are not working correctly. They work after being placed, but if you leave the cell and come back; they have been switched off - this appears to desync between clients; Other players report that the power is still on, while for the player who left and came back, it's all off again - relogging sometimes helps to straighten it out; but overall it has caused intense frustration. We've checked everywhere within several cells for Generators, and moved them to far off corners of the map using admin/invisibility - but that did not help. Sadly for us all, this has caused us to come to the decision to discontinue our server until things can be squared up.
Thanks for all your hard work Hydromancer, I know modding can't be easy - PZ ain't the same without Hydro, but until these problems can be identified and fixed, we're gonna have to give it a miss :'( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few things that need attention:

 

You can't actually fish using mole crickets as bait.  It gives you the option in the menu, but when you try it it doesn't actually work.  I get a little red error warning in the bottom-right, and he never starts fishing.

 

There is currently nothing you can do with an empty "bucket with concrete", which is a shame.  Sure, it should be impossible to get all the concrete out, but why does that stop me from using it to make more concrete?

 

Is there a reason smelters can only be made of red brick and not grey brick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Releasing a patch ...

 

Hydrocraft v10.3b has been released!

 

Which includes ...

 

- Fixed repair axe with HC items

- Added Wild Carrot and Crabapple

- Added Dead Dogs and Cats

- Fixed Junkyard and Metal Detector (I hope)

- Fixed Hungry Dogs and other timed stuff that was not suppose to be in the last update.

- Thanks to everyone who helped!

 

Enjoy!

Edited by Hydromancerx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks to be working, however


40gJuWe.jpg


original repairs reqs are repeated, looks like you just needa have the hydrocraft repairs in the scripts>weapon bats entry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the game from GOG and Steam doesn't allow downloading mods without buying game from them first.
The steamworkshopdownloader.com doesn't work either. There might be a way to unlock it, but that's checking some option for the uploader (I think)

 

Could you please upload the mod somewhere besides steam or better yet, figure out if you can let people download it with the downloader?

I can't be the only one who foolishly strayed away from Gaben : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
120 120