Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hi I'm trying to get some arrows for my bow but I need TAR, I've build the necessary structures to dig the mine, the mine is withing range, I have the colander with me but there is no option to get tar... do I need to build the pulley version to lower it down and get me some tar?

Any tips and hints much appreciated, thanks, great mod btw!

You may just need a higher level foraging skill. Or keep digging more.

The more important question is does he have a spade or pick to mine with. I saw no mention of that.

Trowel will also work. Though it could be that he doesn't realize you don't "Gather tar", you "Mine". You will get a stone, and a random material based on foraging level. It can be very slow to try to mine for specific materials. Having better mining equipment will speed up the process, but it will still always be random for what material you get.

Ok let me try this, thanks guys. We seriously need some sort of tutorial... the agressivegaming web is not that helptul.

Yes I have a spade a pickaxe and a trowel and so far the only option is to gather rocks...

Yeah but what I mean is that even with 5 points in foraging, a mine, a pickaxe, spade, throwel, colander and wooden bucket... all I get is to mine for rocks

You will always get a Stone, but you will also get a random material in your inventory.

Yes but this specific recipe here: http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/item.php?Name=HCTar

• Tar Locations

So does this mean I have to pick and pick til I get tar or it can actively get it as the recipe says with just a bucket? also... what's the difference between the basic mine hole and the pulley one? tar is mostly what I need, for the crossbow or the bow.

thanks btw

Yes but this specific recipe here: http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/item.php?Name=HCTar

• Tar Locations

So does this mean I have to pick and pick til I get tar or it can actively get it as the recipe says with just a bucket? also... what's the difference between the basic mine hole and the pulley one? tar is mostly what I need, for the crossbow or the bow.

thanks btw

You have to keep mining, as I mentioned, it's random. You can't just guarantee getting any specific material (except stone).

That said, you don't need tar for the box/crossbow. You just need some form of adhesive. So you can just use tape or glue or something.

The mine with the pulley mines twice as fast as the one without. Similarly, using a pickaxe is faster than a spade, which is faster than a trowel.

• Tar Locations

thanks btw

You have to keep mining, as I mentioned, it's random. You can't just guarantee getting any specific material (except stone).

That said, you don't need tar for the box/crossbow. You just need some form of adhesive. So you can just use tape or glue or something.

The mine with the pulley mines twice as fast as the one without. Similarly, using a pickaxe is faster than a spade, which is faster than a trowel.

Thanks for the reply, and for some random reason I see tar as an AND not an OR in the recipe... let me check that again, I got frustrated and ragequitted :( but thanks nonetheless.

Instead of having noobs like me asking these questions all the time, a guide would be nice, you could also use the phrase "have you read the guide before asking that?" lol. thanks again.

• Tar Locations

thanks btw

Yeah sorry I thought as a fluid tar should require buckets to be moved but it's an ore :D I got me some and yeah you were right there was no NEED for them in the arrow/bolt recipe, they can be used for it but they aren't mandatory for bolts/arrows... well off I go to test the bow :D sick sick mod, gonna build a smelter next

Anyone any ideas how to mod increase the crates maximum 50 storage space besides the "organised" trait (was that the name) 50 is now too low with all the new things included I'm building one above the other to keep the thing going.

Also, does the tip of the bolt/arrow influences the damage output or is just the weapon?

• Tar Locations

thanks btw

Yeah sorry I thought as a fluid tar should require buckets to be moved but it's an ore :D I got me some and yeah you were right there was no NEED for them in the arrow/bolt recipe, they can be used for it but they aren't mandatory for bolts/arrows... well off I go to test the bow :D sick sick mod, gonna build a smelter next

Anyone any ideas how to mod increase the crates maximum 50 storage space besides the "organised" trait (was that the name) 50 is now too low with all the new things included I'm building one above the other to keep the thing going.

Also, does the tip of the bolt/arrow influences the damage output or is just the weapon?

Organized is really the only way to increase standard crates. Though there are special containers (dollies, wheel barrows, vehicles) that have a capacity higher than 50, and you can just drop those where you want them. They'll still be affected by organized / disorganized though.

hello, i have two question`s.

-Exist the chance when i mining, recibe forragin expe?

-i dont find a nice way to preserve fresh fish, with out energy.

If I'm reading your first question correctly, no, you don't get foraging exp for mining, but what you mine is based off your foraging skill.

Salted fish or using tupperware.

Is the Chisel+Rock=Stone arrowhead broken? I have them but I can not craft it... works well with the chipped one but can't use the chisel to sharpen a normal rock and create an arrowhead and the wiki doesn't state any levels needed for it, tho I got 10 on carpentry.

workbenches_zpsvddgrlai.jpg

Hydrocraft v5.4 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Updated Various Translations

- Updated Farmoid Mod (New Farming Magazine and Trellis Kit)

- Fixed Oil Press

- Fixed Junkyard

- Fixed Water Volumes

- Fixed Potato Pancakes

- Fixed Car Keys

- Fixed Elderberry

- Fixed Glass of Whiskey

- Tweaked Textbooks

- Can Pull Paper Out of Phone Books

- Can Craft Salt Shaker

- Can Craft Peanut Butter

- Can Make Underwear into Ripped Sheets

- Iron Cauldron can boil water.

- Added "Make Dead Battery" recipe (Needs testing on depleted batteries.)

- Added Pants and Shirts made of Linen, Wool and Silk.

- Added 4 new Textbooks

- Added Chamomile Tea

- Added Workbench and Electronics Workbench

- Added Computer Keyboard

- Added Solder Gun and Solder.

- Updated Lab. (New Look and New Recipe!)

- Added Bunsen Burner and Beaker

- Added Dissection Table! Increases your First Aid skill and gives you zombie organs!

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

Hey hydro, I'm currently working on some bug fixes for the new update, we got some recipes messed up, Danielle and are are working on it now. 

ill post the scripts as we work on them,

Camomile Tea Fix, (mugs i the recipes were mixed up):

recipe Make Camomile Tea

{
    Mugl,
    Water,
    HCCamomiledry,
    Result:HCCamomileteamug,
    Time:70.0,
    Category:Cooking,
    }

recipe Make Camomile Tea
    {
    HCClaymug,
    Water,
    HCCamomiledry,
    Result:HCCamomileteaclaymug,

}

Dissection Table Fix (would only receive a empty metal barrel on creation):

recipe Make Dissection Table

{
        HCSteelrod=4,
        HCLargesheetmetal=2,
        HCWeldingset,
        keep HCWeldingmask,
        keep HCWorkgloves,
        NeedToBeLearn:true,
        Result:HCDissectiontable,
        Time:500,
        Category:Engineer,

}

I realised there's no recipe for making a sharped stone out a normal one with a chisel and a hammer, made a mod myself with that recipe but vanilla tools and fucked up the whole game, can only play with your mod.

can you introduce that recipe? makes lotsa sense

I realised there's no recipe for making a sharped stone out a normal one with a chisel and a hammer, made a mod myself with that recipe but vanilla tools and fucked up the whole game, can only play with your mod.

So of the recipes that use chipped stones, only the primative tools cannot be made by using a stone + chisel instead. So if you're trying to make arrows or spears, you can just use regular stones as long as you have a chisel.

Hey hydro, I'm currently working on some bug fixes for the new update, we got some recipes messed up, Danielle and are are working on it now. 

ill post the scripts as we work on them,

Camomile Tea Fix, (mugs i the recipes were mixed up):

recipe Make Camomile Tea

{
    Mugl,
    Water,
    HCCamomiledry,
    Result:HCCamomileteamug,
    }

recipe Make Camomile Tea
    {
    HCClaymug,
    Water,
    HCCamomiledry,
    Result:HCCamomileteaclaymug,

}

Dissection Table Fix (would only receive a empty metal barrel on creation):

recipe Make Dissection Table

{
        HCSteelrod=4,
        HCLargesheetmetal=2,
        HCWeldingset,
        keep HCWeldingmask,
        keep HCWorkgloves,
        NeedToBeLearn:true,
        Result:HCDissectiontable,
        Time:500,
        Category:Engineer,

}

Oh geeze! Thanks! I must have been tired.

So of the recipes that use chipped stones, only the primative tools cannot be made by using a stone + chisel instead. So if you're trying to make arrows or spears, you can just use regular stones as long as you have a chisel.

I'm trying to sharpen a normal stone and make it a chipped stone. I did the recipe, inserted my own mod but good God did mess everything up, not even contextual menus were showing up... like "refill bottle" and those.

So well... all I can do is asking the mod creator to make possible to create a sharpened stone by using a chisel on a normal stone, so then later I can turn it into an arrowhead or a bolt head :D

When you Gather Flora, you get foraging exp, but when you Catch Bugs, you don't. Personally, I don't think either should give experience, since you can safely spam it while in a house, but seems like they should either both give exp or neither should.

Neither homemade disenfectant nor Vodka seems to be able to sterilize bandages. Also can't make molotovs from Vodka.

Slingshots aren't consuming BBs

Empty Blue Barrels / Methylamin appear to be uncraftable and have no spawn locations, yet are required for Biogas / Meth.

why in IG_UI_EN theres only:

IGUI_EN = {
IGUI_ItemCat_Toy = "Toy",
}

instead of 

IGUI_CraftCategory_Ranching, IGUI_CraftCategory_Alchemy, IGUI_CraftCategory_Leisure , etc?

That stuff is made automatically. And "toy' is for the type of item. Just like the base game "Food" or "Container".

why in IG_UI_EN theres only:

IGUI_EN = {
IGUI_ItemCat_Toy = "Toy",
}

instead of 

IGUI_CraftCategory_Ranching, IGUI_CraftCategory_Alchemy, IGUI_CraftCategory_Leisure , etc?

That stuff is made automatically. And "toy' is for the type of item. Just like the base game "Food" or "Container".

That file is wrong, if you use that old renamed Items_EN.txt file as the IG_UI_EN.txt file, you can't get the translation tabs for the B menu. Already tested. You should rollback that file to previous versions (like in my spanish translation files for 5.4).