Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hey can someone in the know help me out with HUNTING? How does hunting work. I know what it takes the hunt but there are variables I need help with

Best times of year for what kind of game?

Best weapons to hunt with?

How long does it take an area to restock itself?

What skill is used to determine success?

How do hunting dogs help?

I have become confused over time because at first I could hunt with unlimited success, I was pulling in duck after duck after duck after duck then BAM no more ducks. So i tried to hunt other stuff like bears, absolutely no luck. Started a new game and tried to hunt again, no luck again. Forgot about hunting, started a third game. Played for a long time, decided to try hunting again, still NOTHING! some smart survivor please help!

That's not Hydrocraft that's base game lol

No its Hydrocraft. And its for role playing stuff for the New Dawn server. I had to pick a common item everyone had.

Sorry, been several builds since I last touched this game so I went right back to it with a mod... but, what does that do? also, the ice chest helps in any way to keep things from rotting for a bit longer?

When working properly it should keep your food cold like a fridge. MisterInSayne made it. And it sometimes works. I know that ice packs are put into it like a battery but not in the inventory of the ice chest/cooler. It can also be taken out. However I am unsure if it needs to be equipped to work.

Hey can someone in the know help me out with HUNTING? How does hunting work. I know what it takes the hunt but there are variables I need help with

Best times of year for what kind of game?

Best weapons to hunt with?

How long does it take an area to restock itself?

What skill is used to determine success?

How do hunting dogs help?

I have become confused over time because at first I could hunt with unlimited success, I was pulling in duck after duck after duck after duck then BAM no more ducks. So i tried to hunt other stuff like bears, absolutely no luck. Started a new game and tried to hunt again, no luck again. Forgot about hunting, started a third game. Played for a long time, decided to try hunting again, still NOTHING! some smart survivor please help!

1. Winter is the worst time of year to hunt.

2. Depends on the prey. Shotgun is good for deer for instance.

3. It is all random so never depleted.

4. Aiming and Sneaking Skills.

5. They give you a +5% boost to success for each "Hunting" Dog breed in your inventory or adjacent to you.

6. Note Bears hibernate in the winter so don't hunt them then.

BUG:

I get duplicated books when I read them (the books from this mod, the ones that says "readed" at the bottom) in multiplayer, when you try to read one book from a shelve.

note: I'm using ModelLoader

If this happens for base game Magazines such as the Fishing, Electronics or Hunting Magazine please report it in the base game bug report sub-forum. Since recipe books are based off these type of items.

You should make magazines and books depletable, like reading them 2 or 3 times... I hate I have my collection right behind me and had read every single one at least 2 times before almost having 'em memorised but in-game once you read a book POOF! it's gone :D

Thank you very much for the hunting Info and might i say they are very well thought out programs. You are the best

Hydromancerx! (copy and pasted your name and it came out like this lol)

anyways i have one more question...

can i please get a complete list of what weapon works best with what animal?

deer = shotgun you say

what = hunting rifle?

what = varmint rifle?

what = bow (had butt tons of success hunting duck with bow)

anything = pistol?

Also where the weed at? I have one Hydrocraft game where I have survived for two years and I have found no dope seeds. I thought "oh they must have taken the weed out because of the childrens" but then i made and got high on a bunch of meth soo i am thinking that isnt why weed cant be found. Will weed be in the future or is it possible to grow now?

Also where the weed at? I have one Hydrocraft game where I have survived for two years and I have found no dope seeds. I thought "oh they must have taken the weed out because of the childrens" but then i made and got high on a bunch of meth soo i am thinking that isnt why weed cant be found. Will weed be in the future or is it possible to grow now?

Hemp

hi all.

can someone tell how to get a dynamoItem_HCDynamo.png

"dismantle bicycle", but... have u ever seen bicycles?

Now that you say that it is the only item left for me to find, I got a pretty organized cache with drills, hedge cutters, bricks and clays, wheelbarrows and pulleys but.. nope not a single bicycle...and they should be quite common. Let's just say I've got at least 10 red dot + laser pistols but never seen a bike.

How do you use the wells you create from a mine hole? I know they act as containers for water but how do I fill them?

I think it needs a water pump, which is the upgrade of the water tower...I'm still pretty much trying to figure it out but most things are made to be taken in your hands (or loaded into a cart) and filled from the vanilla rain collecting containers.

Again, my guess, I'm still a bit lost.

You should make magazines and books depletable, like reading them 2 or 3 times... I hate I have my collection right behind me and had read every single one at least 2 times before almost having 'em memorised but in-game once you read a book POOF! it's gone :D

Not possile as far as i know. They are either infinite or one time use. Or you have to have them turn into another book. Which would mean like 3 books for every book! And that is crazy!

Read Book 1 -> Read Book 2 -> Disappear Book 3

What do cars do? Read somewhere i think that you can loot it when it is on the ground but i cant seem to find out how?

They are bags. So you just acess them like a bag on the floor. Not all cars have loot.  So keep looking.

Thank you very much for the hunting Info and might i say they are very well thought out programs. You are the best

Hydromancerx! (copy and pasted your name and it came out like this lol)

anyways i have one more question...

can i please get a complete list of what weapon works best with what animal?

deer = shotgun you say

what = hunting rifle?

what = varmint rifle?

what = bow (had butt tons of success hunting duck with bow)

anything = pistol?

they should all be listed in the crafting menu and on the wiki ...

http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/recipelist.php?SEARCH=hunt

Forage or Gather Flora or open Mystery Seed Pack

http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/itemlist.php?SEARCH=hemp

Once the Nutrition aspect of Build 34 is stabilized I would like to help with incorporating the nutritional aspect in Hydrocraft if you accept my help.

Yeah I will take all the help i can get. It is going to be a monumental task.

hi all.

can someone tell how to get a dynamoItem_HCDynamo.png

"dismantle bicycle", but... have u ever seen bicycles?

You can find them in the junkyard.

Sorry The wiki has been a few releases behind for a few weeks but I updated it this morning - http://www.aggressivegaming.org/newdawn/wiki/

Thanks Nolan