Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#1 lemmy101

lemmy101

Co-Founder, Developer

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

REMEMBER: This is a forum test release because it may have new bugs or other serious issues, in fact a few we're aware of already and this latest build hasn't had a huge amount of closed testing. However we'd like to extend it to a forum test to get any remaining issues as quickly as possible.

If not comfortable with that, please wait until official release on Desura, which should hopefully be for Mondoid if it goes well. REMEMBER, it's always advised to manually back up your saves (C:\Users\<username>\Zomboid\<gamemode>) when using forum builds.

(if file is not present, please try again in 10-20 mins)

[removed outdated links]

Changelist:

• Fixed world version conversion to solve crash problems with loading worlds (you may need to use original backups of build 10 saves for this to work properly, but maybe not)
  • Added world version to be saved with every chunk of world, to prevent future problems.
  • Increased hammer spawn chances a bit.

#2 Tarkan

Tarkan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

there isn't a DL link :P

#3 Viceroy

Viceroy

[Bearded] One with the Ice Flows, King of the Bugs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1252 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

Great job guys, would just like to throw in a suggestion.

Maybe allowing us to set a loot modifier instead of the normal options like now, would make it so that people can increase loot as much as they want in sandbox.

Just a suggestion. :)

(P.S. Crafted door bug still present in 2.9.9.12)

Pop up and do less!

#4 EnigmaGrey

EnigmaGrey

Ninja of the Second Degree

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5598 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

• Added world version to be saved with every chunk of world, to prevent future problems.

Swoon.

-Moderator for Project Zomboid's Reddit, Steam, and TIS communities

#5 lemmy101

lemmy101

Co-Founder, Developer

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

...... :D

#6 EnigmaGrey

EnigmaGrey

Ninja of the Second Degree

• PZ Support Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 5598 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

Ah, but for some of us there is.

[/Conspiracy]

-Moderator for Project Zomboid's Reddit, Steam, and TIS communities

#7 Gammlernoob

Gammlernoob

Lacks the Delicious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

:( why do you release now the version 12+13 after a few minutes or hours .... for version 8-11 we waited always a few days or weeks , now 12 + 13 after a few minutes . YOu do great work and fix so much so fast , it´s just amazing and i love the devs. But please call it kind of 11.1/2/3...

As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team... I don't know what he's talking about.

#8 Tarkan

Tarkan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

I was being a lil sarcastic :) but was hoping in vain hehe

Ah, but for some of us there is.

[/Conspiracy]

#9 harakka

harakka

Technical Support Advisor, Third Order

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

:( why do you release now the version 12+13 after a few minutes or hours .... for version 8-11 we waited always a few days or weeks , now 12 + 13 after a few minutes . YOu do great work and fix so much so fast , it´s just amazing and i love the devs. But please call it kind of 11.1/2/3...

Just shut up about version numbers already. The number tells you this version was released after the previously numbered one, nothing more, nothing less.

• TizzDog likes this
A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.

#10 lemmy101

lemmy101

Co-Founder, Developer

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

New rule, ANYONE who complains about a version number in future gets instabanned. Sick to the back TEETH of it. :P

In short, no. The version numbers are too long as it is. I tried to shorten them so we could have more leeway, since 3.0 is the NPC build, but got nothing but shit for it because I tried to sneak it back a bit so I could shorten it, so this is the best we can do at the moment.

• harakka, ToastedFishSandwich, TizzDog and 3 others like this

#11 tazyload

tazyload

Commonly confused with "LazyToad"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

I have to say that this recent update has taken the "I hate you and wanna kill you" feeling PZ already had and has dosed it up on steriods or something :D Keep up the good work!

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists out there in the universe is the fact that none of it has tried to contact us" - Calvin

#12 lemmy101

lemmy101

Co-Founder, Developer

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

Released! (Mac/Linux still uploading)

#13 feral_donkey

feral_donkey

Fearsome Kick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

I'm still playing 12 and will switch over but I noticed that things are really dark at night now.    I can barely see around my room and outside is really dark.   Not sure if it's a feature or a bug.    Seems like the players illumination circle is smaller and dimmer.

#14 acex222

acex222

Specifically Mundane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

JUST TO SPITE YOU, MORTAL.
MUAHAHAHAHA.

• Gammlernoob likes this
Beverages mod

Why not have a delicious Foster's®? Good call.

Can I just ask dRelix whether you measure from the base of the balls or from the base of the shaft when measuring penii?

#15 Milk_Dream

Milk_Dream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hi guys!
I have a some problem :)
First: shaders. Why it dosnt work? My vidiocard 100% support that...
Second: how make a rope? I meen how use crufting rope?.. :) Coz I make 5 rope and.. Nothing :) And next problem with falling on second floor. (when I trying use a rope) I fall to first floor, but, I think, I must fall out home :)

P.S.
Sorry for my english :(

Best wishes,
game is perfect :)

#16 Eggplanticus

Eggplanticus

Enchanted by Ladders

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

REMEMBER: This is a forum test release because it may have new bugs or other serious issues, in fact a few we're aware of already and this latest build hasn't had a huge amount of closed testing. However we'd like to extend it to a forum test to get any remaining issues as quickly as possible.

If not comfortable with that, please wait until official release on Desura, which should hopefully be for Mondoid if it goes well. REMEMBER, it's always advised to back up your saves when using forum builds.

• Fixed world version conversion to solve crash problems with loading worlds (you may need to use original backups of build 10 saves for this to work properly, but maybe not)

Black screen bug is still present, unfortunately.

#17 lemmy101

lemmy101

Co-Founder, Developer

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

If not comfortable with that, please wait until official release on Desura, which should hopefully be for Mondoid if it goes well. REMEMBER, it's always advised to back up your saves when using forum builds.

Black screen bug is still present, unfortunately.

can you pm me your backed up save pls? :)

#18 Ontogenesis

Ontogenesis

Existence Precedes Essence

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

Awesome - be back on the testing tomorrow eve - to do a thorough look through fort building, my favourite past time. Hurray :-D

My Blog: http://somethingpsychology.com/

I AM SHOCKED AND APPALLED BY ALL OF YOU.

#19 Gammlernoob

Gammlernoob

Lacks the Delicious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

Forgot how to use the ropes O.o if i have them in the inventory or primary equipped and i click on a window or wall it doesnt work ... 

As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team... I don't know what he's talking about.

#20 lemmy101

lemmy101

Co-Founder, Developer

• PZ Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

you need nails to attach it to the window