So was there supposed to be a movie theater and mall somewhere?

Rikashey

It's intended that the Mall is surrounded by zombies, but if it's really too much I'll lower it a bit (maybe just tweak it, bigger in MP, lower in SP..)

Unless the doors are broken down it seems like a lot of zombies outside and a fraction of that inside would make sense. People have said the inside is extremely heavily populated.  I like the Dawn of the Dead premise that the zombies were drawn to the mall (old habits are hard to break) and that is why there were so many outside.  It seems unlikely that if the doors are intact that the inside would have hundreds (or thousands?).

Also, 5-6 good players acting cooperatively (MP) are probably going to be able to clear it ~20x faster than a player in single player.  Balancing the game for both SP and MP seems like it would mean a lot more zombies in MP. 

That said, I have not actually seen it and the above statements are just my opinions.

People sheltering in the mall become the zombies?

Not to mention risk vs. reward, as this is a game.

I agree with your points.  I just think taking over the mall should be possible (but very difficult)  in both SP and MP.  In my time in MP zombies seem to be rapidly slaughtered and the world quickly empties.  If you don't have some balance what is fairly easy in MP could be nearly impossible in SP.  Maybe NPCs will help balance issues. 

It's intended that the Mall is surrounded by zombies, but if it's really too much I'll lower it a bit (maybe just tweak it, bigger in MP, lower in SP..)

Dont even lower it a bit, its a mall, the loot is everywhere (2muchclothestho) and there is suppost to be a TON of zombies there, but the spawnpoints like the stairs ones are really really unfair cause you cant see.

As far as i see, it should be more zombies in MP, and leave it as it is in SP.

Renember Dawn Of The Dead (original)? They had tactics to lure the zombies and secure the mall, we should have stuff like that.

Is cool, actually could be a bit more (what seems to be an "impossible task" at first becomes "not that bad" after completing it)...

No... Just add a spawnpoint inside the mall. MUAHAHAHAHA -coughs-

Yes ! Could be fun if there were several spawn points that would activate periodically (spewing a quantity of zombies each time), only when a player has been lounging around the now-cleared mall for some time.