RELEASED: Build 27

RobertJohnson

when willl this be on desura? plus why does steam get it before desura considering it was on desura before steam kinda sucks cos i dont use steam and lost my email adress i had on steam so cant use my desura steam key again :/ ... really want to play the newest build ....

when willl this be on desura? plus why does steam get it before desura considering it was on desura before steam kinda sucks cos i dont use steam and lost my email adress i had on steam so cant use my desura steam key again :/ ... really want to play the newest build ....

No-one knows when.

Steam gets stuff before Desura because Desura versions have to be rock solid as Desura lacks support for multiple versions. The Steam update process is also much less hassle for the devs than the Desura one.

No-one knows when.

Steam gets stuff before Desura because Desura versions have to be rock solid as Desura lacks support for multiple versions. The Steam update process is also much less hassle for the devs than the Desura one.

fair enough lol thanks hmm so any idea how i could get it again on steam with my email cancelled and unable to get on my old steam because it asks to confirm with an email that my new computer is trusted .... so frustrating ... dont really want to have to buy it again but that looking like the only option slowly ive tried everything :P ....

fair enough lol thanks hmm so any idea how i could get it again on steam with my email cancelled and unable to get on my old steam because it asks to confirm with an email that my new computer is trusted .... so frustrating ... dont really want to have to buy it again but that looking like the only option slowly ive tried everything :P ....

Contact Steam support in order to get a hold of your old account.

Contact Steam support in order to get a hold of your old account.

have already that was yesterday and am still waiting for reply dont even know why outlook cancelled my email tried getting it back by answering security questions ect but says it cant verify i am the owner of the email adress is well dodgy lol 

have already that was yesterday and am still waiting for reply dont even know why outlook cancelled my email tried getting it back by answering security questions ect but says it cant verify i am the owner of the email adress is well dodgy lol

Aw, sounds frustrating.

You have no other option but to wait for a reply from the Steam support, I'm afraid.

Aw, sounds frustrating.

You have no other option but to wait for a reply from the Steam support, I'm afraid.

yeah is very frustrating lol been saying since last year should be able to move bodies cos it annoying having them stuck in ur safehouse now u can do it i cant get the version :P typical ini lol i have sent a message to the project zomboid support page too isnt there anyway they can give me a new steam key? ... ahh well thanks for replies anyway hopefully i get to play build 27 soon am enjoying playing build 26 on desura for now is getting a lot better last time i played it before begining of this week was like last year sometime been waiting for npcs but it taking time eh? lol 

I had a problem with Steam once, I just told them I lost my password and my email account is the old one and was closed.. They send me a new mail on the new email I gave...

We're quite in a Mondoid & stuff rush atm, but I'll see with the team what we can do for you :) (I... Can't really do much myself tbh.. bah :P)

yeah is very frustrating lol been saying since last year should be able to move bodies cos it annoying having them stuck in ur safehouse now u can do it i cant get the version :P typical ini lol i have sent a message to the project zomboid support page too isnt there anyway they can give me a new steam key? ... ahh well thanks for replies anyway hopefully i get to play build 27 soon am enjoying playing build 26 on desura for now is getting a lot better last time i played it before begining of this week was like last year sometime been waiting for npcs but it taking time eh? lol

Wait for the response from Steam support and then contact accounts@projectzomboid.com or PM me.

There is no need to contact them or pz support before you have an answer from them, as they will most likely sort you out.

Wait for the response from Steam support and then contact accounts@projectzomboid.com or PM me.

There is no need to contact them or pz support before you have an answer from them, as they will most likely sort you out.

okie doke thanks :) just doesnt seem like am gonna get a reply from them lol and ...

I had a problem with Steam once, I just told them I lost my password and my email account is the old one and was closed.. They send me a new mail on the new email I gave...

We're quite in a Mondoid & stuff rush atm, but I'll see with the team what we can do for you :) (I... Can't really do much myself tbh.. bah :P)

lmao ahh well should get sorted eventually i try and be patient lol 

Thank you, Harakka for your responce. That's a bummer for me because I don't want to use steam. It's such an odd time that we live in right now. The question I seem to be faced with daily is, do I install steam and use as service I do not want or do I go to contact the creators of the game and ask them to simply give me a link to download the updates. I'll loan them my google drive if they want. I just want to be free to download the updates how I choose. I don't want to sign up for a service I don't want just because I want the latest and greatest of the updates I was promise when I made the purchase.

Here is a quote from theindiestone.com web page:

(Project Zomboid is an alpha-funded game, and is still in active development. When you buy you purchase a lifetime license, which entitles you to the current build and all future updates.)

I just want to download updates for this great game without being force to sign up with steam or another service. I'd be glad to email you my proof of purchase and wait for verification then you send me a link and I'll download the updates.

Eldergamer

It'll be corrected -- that was never accurate, I'm afraid. Though it's quite possible they intended that when the website was designed, it's just not practical: updating Desura is quite a bit more difficult than Steam, which means it can't be something that needs a bunch of patches.

There's no DRM with the game. You only need Steam to download it.

It's still, true, really. You're entitled to the game and all of its updates, but you're choosing not to access them by not using Steam. It's a choice I (somewhat) understand and can respect, but unfortunately just the way it is.

For what it's worth, there is a reason we can't get it to you over Desura (we're not just doing it out of spite or to force users into Steam :P ). Desura does not support any kind of beta branching or testing downloads, so we can't have the buggy builds on there. This means that if we were to upload the buggy builds, everyone using Desura would be forced to play the buggy build and would have no access. It's not a great situation, but it's the best we can do for Desura.

We used to host a direct download of the game for our buyers on the forum; however, this was incredibly expensive for us to the point where it just wasn't feasible to sustain. If we offer you a direct link, other people will want it and we'll be back to the spot where paying for the downloads from an amazon server is costing, quite possibly, more than the game makes in profits each month.

Rathlord, In message 413 you stated to ianw240:

(Steam answers support queries 100% of the time.)

You just called him a liar. That was inappropriate. You should apologize.

Eldergamer

I would, except that's not true. He didn't say "Steam didn't respond to my support query" he said it didn't seem like they were going to; he just didn't give them enough time and it's likely been answered by now. I was just reassuring him that they would respond in time. Please don't moderate our forums. Thanks.

RathLord about message 419. I get it and I understand. Thanks for explaining it. I don't love it but I get it. It just felt like I was being pushed to steam but I can see that is not the case. I do hope that you find a provider that will host this file for you in the future. I am dying (Pun intended) to get my hands on build 27 and 28. For now I'll just wait.

I do have an Idea for you. You could use a torrent and make updates available that way. It would ease or eliminate the cost of hosting. You would have to make maybe just the changes available so people don't end up getting the game without paying for it.

Eldergamer

RathLord on message 421. My apologies. I read it completely different then you intended it. :shock:

Sorry,

Eldergamer

There used to be a system where you had to input your game key each time you played (while the game was publicly available). But people just post their keys around everywhere or crack it. We debated on trying something like that, but the end result was just the decision that not enough people would benefit by it and it would make pirating the game that much easier for people, so it just wasn't worth the effort. In the last year or so since we released on Steam, you may be the second person who asked for this.

For what it's worth, you can download the game from Steam and then drag the file to your desktop and play. There's no DRM on it, so you only have to boot up Steam once if you want; you could even uninstall afterwords. Otherwise, I'll prod the devs about Build 27 going on Desura sooner than later, but I can't make any promises.

Wow only the second person to mention this... I don't know what to say. I must be the second to last guy in the world trying to hang on to what I believe. I think I need a drink or five when I get home. About Desura I guess I'll have to wait then. It's good to hear you talk about the different things you have tried in order to get the game out there. I would love to post the questions I've asked and the responses you've given on Reddit.com to help people understand that you guys are doing all you can to get the updates out to all the people who have purchased the game. Unfortunately Since I'm only the second person to mention my apprehension with using the steam service I'm afraid only one other person would be interested in reading it. :P

Eldergamer

However I come across to you I would like you to know I have great respect for your team. I wish you well and hope you get sleep every now and again. I also want you to know that I love this game and I've been having a great time with it. I am really excited to see what the modding community comes up with as well. I might even try my hand at modding. There are a bunch of things I'd like to try and add. I'm a bit of a prepper so I'm leaning more toward the serious simulation side of things. I'm not sure if this game is helping or hurting my Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. I'm sure everyone saves all the forks they find in hope that they can use a hack saw to cut or bend the tines till they break off then use the tines as nails. Or to turn on all the faucets in a house then tape the inlet side of a bicycle tire pump to a faucet and draw off the gallons of water left in the pipes of these abandon homes into containers. Or use a common pair of reading glasses to start fires with during the day. My mind is on fire with these thoughts. I'm sure I'm driving all my coworkers crazy with it.

Thanks

Eldergamer