[Hardcore roleplay Server][Includes latest Bedford version] Picking up the Pieces [NO LONGER ONLINE]

FoxalypticWorld

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing trouble connecting to the server, now... But I'm stuck on the connecting screen. D:

I was playing at first and other people were online, when all of a sudden I checked to see see how many were on and found out that not even I appeared to be online. Nobody was connected.

I've never seen a crash before, so I'm hoping that this isn't the case... That would stink!

What madness is this? I'm alone on the server? Has everyone gone to bed? Has everyone perished in flames spawned from campfires in their cabins? Has the server just come back from some horrible crash?

Maybe I just came on at a bad time...

It's probably just the normal restart or downtime to conserve memory and prevent glitches.

But yeah, PZ's world is extremely hard for servers to manage. We're talking about a game world far, far, far larger than DayZ or Rust combined. Throw in thousands upon thousands upon thousands of zombies, three huge cities, large amounts of loot, and players on top of it all. We're lucky multiplayer even works.

It's a pretty amazing game, that Project Zomboid...

... but it breaks my heart to have to pause my plans for three hour intervals while the server crashes and there's nobody to go turn it back on again. It's almost as if they expect me to have something else to do.

I'm pretty certain this isn't your typical 'downtime' thing.

This is a crash, followed by hours of nobody being online who can actually put the server back up. Which I can understand, to an extent, but this has been HOURS and HOURS now. It'd be nice if there was someone to periodically check and make sure the thing was actually running... not only for our sakes, but also because otherwise you're essentially paying good money for a server that's not actually being used for a quarter of the day.