server configuration

psykikk

Hey Guys, 

I just installed a new server and wondered if it is at all posible to change configurations

loot rarity,

zombie types

etc ?

I read that thouse features were planned for the 25 build but cannot find anything on the forum.

thx in advance

Moving to the help section.

Howto administrate a server:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5813-how-to-administrate-a-server-once-build-25-is-out/

How to get build 25:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5794-released-iwillbackupsavebranch-build-25-sp-mp/

When you have build 25 downloaded, go to your PZ installation folder. You will see a PZServerSettings.exe.

Start it and save the file to Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\shared\Sandbox.

Start the server and it should apply the changed settings.

Despite doing as told above, this doesn't work for me :/ 

Is there any reason why putting the file in the specified folder and resetting the server (entirely, deleting the save folder and starting a new file) wouldn't change the settings?

Running a PC Windows 7 x64.

Start it and save the file to Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\shared\Sandbox.

Start the server and it should apply the changed settings.

Will this apply to an already started server? I started a server and realized that I forgot to up the number of zombies.

I discovered that when you open PZServerSettings.exe at the top of the window there is a settings button, click it and select the file where Sandboxvars.lua file is. SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\lua\shared\Sandbox. After that you should be able to save the settings as you wish.

Similar questions....

I've hosted a server for me and my friends.

We want to increase the number of zombies.

Here in this post I learn to make the change by using PZServerSettings.exe and save as SandboxVars.lua in the folder "ProjectZomboid\media\lua\shared\Sandbox".

So, do all other players who have been playing in my server to execute the same action?

And, do those who haven't played in my server yet but will join it need to do the same?

Thanks for helping.