RELEASED (IWillBackupSaveBranch: Build 25 (SP / MP)

RobertJohnson

Warning: THIS WILL COMPLETELY BREAK ANY SAVE COMPATIBILITIES. It was impossible to merge MP and SP and retain any save compatibility. As such, once this goes official onlinetest and build23 will be preserved in Steam branches for the foreseeable so people can continue games. 

HOW DO I GET THIS?

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbms-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/

!!!! SERVER OWNER : PLEASE GO READ THIS : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5813-how-to-administrate-a-server/ BECAUSE ADMINISTRATION TOOLS WILL BE ALIVE ON THIS UPDATE !!!!

[bUGFIX]

• Remove plant action is now synchronized.
  • Some fix on farming (plant was here but unusable, ...).
  • Added a warning message if you try to type an unknow command in the chat (like if you type "/al Hello !" you'll have a "unknow command /al Hello !" warning in the chat box).
  • Now trim the /all message (understand you can't just write "/all").
  • Rain barrel are now loaded on player connect.
  • Fixed missing pillar sprites when building stairs (and also made them destroyable).
  • Fixed tomato instant growing.
  • Fixed building walls problem with a controller plugged.
  • Bleach is Unhappiness +99 instead of -10 (used to make you happy?)
  • Craftable doors could be opened from far away by clicking on them.
  • Synced burning players and zombies.  The player might be burning on the server but not on the client before.
  • Fixed never-wake-up from sleep bug.
  • No more barricading crafted walls, or adding sheet ropes to crafted walls.
  • Fixed Survival Guide contents being drawn over the title bar.
  • When a player died in multiplayer, all the other players would equip the dead player's stuff.
  • The "Climb through window" context menu command now works if you are trapped in a piece of furniture next to a window.  Holding 'E' already worked.
  • Fixed moodles sometimes overlapping.
  • Fixed animation speed of rain and fire at different FPS.
  • Fixed save folders with spaces not loading.  Although the game converts spaces to underscores when creating a savefile, there is nothing from stopping the user from renaming the folder.
  • Fixed sheet rope climb speed not being affected by the speed control setting.
  • MP: Scratches from weapons would cause infection.
  • Fixed water remaining in sinks/toilets not being remembered properly.
  • Make sure tooltips get hidden when windows are hidden.
  • Stopped zombies thumping crafted stairs, so they can climb them now.
  • Fixed path separators in the joypad directory on Linux.
  • Fixed the Caps Locks key breaking savefile names etc.
  • MP: Less weirdness with blood/animations when fighting zombies.
[NEW STUFF]
  • Added the number of players connected in the PLAYERS list (press escape and click "PLAYERS").
  • You now can't join a server with an empty user name.
  • Added a "QUICK JOIN" button in the server list, allowing you to join the server without save it in the list.
  • Safety System : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6011-the-safety-system-once-build-25-is-out/
  • Added key binding for Local chat, Global chat and Toggle safety.
  • The on/off state of stoves is saved.
  • The inventory window font size can be changed between Small, Medium and Large fonts.
  • Set Disabled=true in a game controller *.config file to ignore that device.
  • The Heavy Load moodle now has 4 different settings (only 1 was shown before).  The player is slowed down more with increasing weight up to 2x maximum carrying capacity.
  • MP: Synced zombie appearance.  Ditto for zombie corpses.
  • Added "Remove sheet rope" command.  You get the sheets back but not the nail.
  • Added "Climb through" command to crafted window frames, same as normal windows.
  • MP: Reduced book reading time by 1/2.
  • MP: Synced thunder and lightning.
  • MP: Synced weather-related stuff such as temperature, phase of the moon, and nighttime brightness.
  • Return to menu.  After death or exiting, the game returns to the main menu.
  • Mods are loaded/unloaded as soon as the Mods window is closed.
  • MP: Added player slow-down when zombies grab.
  • MP: Sync zombie sounds.
  • There's a -nosound option that disables audio.
[OTHER]
  • Changed the calcul in the eat 1/4,1/2 food option (it's now always based on the base hunger reduction).
[CLIENT]
  • Map choose + Character creation + Random spawn point added. Note : Random spawn point can be changed by the admin so everyone could spawn at the same point, but by default it'll be random (just like single player).
  • Servers in ServerList will be pinged, so you can see if they are online, the number of players connected...
[sERVER]
  • The server welcome message is now in the server options (Users/Zomboid/Server/ServerOptions.ini only on server side) ready to be customized.
  • Soft world reset. Will remove zombies, bodies, loot, reset all containers in world. Will leave all construction in place.
  • Database will now be created if not found on the server.
  • Added a LogLocalChat server option, used to log the local chat ("t" key) in all the client chat box.
  • Added AutoCreateUserInWhiteList Server option : If you server is open, this option will allow the server to create the user in whitelist if they entered the server with a password, so his username will be protected.
  • DisplayUserName : False = you won't see another players username on top of their head + their name won't be logged inside the local chat (true by default).
  • Added administration tools : http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/5813-how-to-administrate-a-server/
Many more things! We'll add to it as we go.

Hey I'm actually fighting a cheater on my server and I can't do anything.

It would be so nice to be able to get his IP or kick and ban commands.. please !

I know that's frustrating. But I hope you somehow expected it anyway, since there is absolutely no way of moderating a server beside whitelisting.

It would be so nice to be able to get his IP or kick and ban commands.. please !

Chris is away atm, I started to code some admin tools, but I need him to confirm I can do it (basically, an "admin" boolean in the .db and you'll have access to usefull command).

Chris is away atm, I started to code some admin tools, but I need him to confirm I can do it (basically, an "admin" boolean in the .db and you'll have access to usefull command).

So nice ! That would be awesome, just some little commands will do the thing !

Another suggestion to avoid Spawn Campers:

Can players who connect to the server and get a new character have invulnerability for a minute or two. Giving them sufficient time to get their bearings and head out, instead of getting spawn killed?

Throwing out ideas (tophat)

I prefer the idea of an area where players couldn't take damage. The spawn point should be a safe house, if groups are joining they can wait for each other here before going outside together, if a new player connects he can ask some questions on the chat before leaving, without a timer saying "you only have 2 mn before everybody around you wants to kill you". But thats just my opinion :)

And if they use this invincibility to spawn kill ? :D

I'll see with Chris what we can do for the admin command, but I'd like to add a kick/ban command, or other cool stuff like player can't attack, etc.

Ah damn, the reverse angle. I did not think of that xD.

I'm with Eliakoh on the no damage taken in the start area. No matter how hard they swing or how many bullets they pop.

The idea behind this is that even if we get admin commands, we need to be in the game to execute them. We load in, we are dead in 5 seconds and then the game closes....which really.. why does it have to close xD

Thanks for the update. No fix for that delay of packet issue? That is making multiplayer completely unplayable, because no longer how long I wait I can never connect.

Edit - Don't care about the other stuff, if I can't connect due to the stupid delay of whatever it's called, then I can't test this. Don't ya think that should be a high priority, cuz I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Thanks for the update. No fix for that delay of packet issue? That is making multiplayer completely unplayable, because no longer how long I wait I can never connect.

Edit - Don't care about the other stuff, if I can't connect due to the stupid delay of whatever it's called, then I can't test this. Don't ya think that should be a high priority, cuz I know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Being kind can help.