Planned Features

Wonderboy24

Hey,

I noticed there were some planned features on the PZ website in the "The Game" tab but there wasn't much there. In therms of planned features and updates: how large will the map be? Will there be any large cities? 

As for gameplay, what I really feel like I'm missing is character progression. I get better at carpentry and swinging my axe, but it's really easy to get some food, some items, quickly start a farm, fence off an area and survive forever. From that point on, the only thing you can do is upgrade your safehouse and find more axes. Are there any features planned that will fix this problem?

Also, are there any more planned features that we haven't been told about, or do we just have to wait and see.

Thanks in advance.

Larger Map, Yes to cities.

Yes Yes, More Yes.

And plenty of features to be coming, just look around a little theres usually a post explaining there plans, and a blog post they made with a list of planned features.

The maps will be huge, and with the map making tools out, people are already making maps and such to add to the original map.

As for gameplay, what I really feel like I'm missing is character progression. I get better at carpentry and swinging my axe, but it's really easy to get some food, some items, quickly start a farm, fence off an area and survive forever. From that point on, the only thing you can do is upgrade your safehouse and find more axes. Are there any features planned that will fix this problem?

Zombie migration will help with this some.  I think NPCs could help too.

Zombie migration will help with this some.  I think NPCs could help too.

Maybe, but not enough to break through your triple level 5 carpentry walls and other safety measures (like being far out in the woods) I suppose. 

The metagame events are part of a solution to the problem, but when you're already inside your safehouse, only 2 or so zombies will stay and knock on your door. You just grab one of your 20 axes and punch them down.

I think some good world design could help aswell. Imagine a large military base with LOTS of zombies (also harder to knock down because of  their military armor). You'd then have to gather several important items. First of all, you need weaponry (and perhaps armor?) in order to defeat the zombies in there. You'd also need several other rare items, that are only found in specific locations. That way, you're driven to become better. To go out of your safehouse and find all those items so you can break in.

I suppose a larger map with much more content could help too (driven to explore)

Is there anywhere specific I should look for blog posts? 

Zombie migration will help with this some. I think NPCs could help too.

Maybe, but not enough to break through your triple level 5 carpentry walls and other safety measures (like being far out in the woods) I suppose.

The metagame events are part of a solution to the problem, but when you're already inside your safehouse, only 2 or so zombies will stay and knock on your door. You just grab one of your 20 axes and punch them down.

I think some good world design could help aswell. Imagine a large military base with LOTS of zombies (also harder to knock down because of their military armor). You'd then have to gather several important items. First of all, you need weaponry (and perhaps armor?) in order to defeat the zombies in there. You'd also need several other rare items, that are only found in specific locations. That way, you're driven to become better. To go out of your safehouse and find all those items so you can break in.

I suppose a larger map with much more content could help too (driven to explore)

Is there anywhere specific I should look for blog posts?

Believe me, those triple walls will definitely not hold up when zombie migration returns and 3 or 400 of them show up and start knocking.

Yes, yes but the feature we really need is bicycles.  I'd rather glide through the world on a sweet BMX than continue developing arthritis without an auto-run feature.  

Just level sprinting to 1 or 2. It's like instant teleportation.

-snap-

-snap-
-snap-

Believe me, those triple walls will definitely not hold up when zombie migration returns and 3 or 400 of them show up and start knocking. 

That still doesn't adress the issue of no gameplay while you're waiting for a horde to show up.

Depends on what you call "gameplay". Building and farming are enjoyable to me so I don't mind not running into Zombies for a good while until i go on looting runs. I hope hope they add more complex craftables like modified vehicles and traps so you could have even more to do.

If the only content your looking for is to "kill zombies" than yea the game is probably going to get old really fast. You might want to try Last Stand Mode or just make a new game file on Sandbox to switch things up.

Depends on what you call "gameplay". Building and farming are enjoyable to me so I don't mind not running into Zombies for a good while until i go on looting runs. I hope hope they add more complex craftables like modified vehicles and traps so you could have even more to do.

If the only content your looking for is to "kill zombies" than yea the game is probably going to get old really fast. You might want to try Last Stand Mode or just make a new game file on Sandbox to switch things up.

I agree, building and farming aren't so bad (although they do get boring), but there are so many games better if you're looking to only do that. This is a zombie apocalypse RPG, not minecraft. Some more craftables with rare items and/or repairing vehicles (like a train, for example) could help to spice things up.

I'd just really like a large list of planned features, a clear image of what direction the game is taking and what it will become. The blog posts help, but they're only really about current development, and not so much about things far ahead in the future.

I think some good world design could help aswell. Imagine a large military base with LOTS of zombies (also harder to knock down because of  their military armor). You'd then have to gather several important items. First of all, you need weaponry (and perhaps armor?) in order to defeat the zombies in there. You'd also need several other rare items, that are only found in specific locations. That way, you're driven to become better. To go out of your safehouse and find all those items so you can break in.

keep in mind this one little fact about the map.....

it is not finished. there is still much work to be done, with Fort Knox and Louisville to be added. and whatever else the Devs decide to throw in. come on, we are still pre Beta here, do you really think these guys would spend so much time building this killer game and just leave the map as it is?

Archived