Dizziness

Baconlovar

Hey guys,

I think its kind of ridiculous how much survivors/players twirl around to look around them for Zeds, but i know the controls for the game kind of allow that, so i thought maybe dizziness could counter-act the amount of random zombie checks and add some more challenge to combat. It's more of a horde factor since its extremely easy for a zombie to come from behind you so if your spinning to attack alot in a horde...it could mean your death.

Here are my suggestions for the effects.

-Slightly Dizzy

"WhoaSlow down there buddy"

-Dizzy

"Accuracy slightly reduced"

-Spinning

"Accuracy and Speed slightly reduced"

-Staggering

"Accuracy and Speed reduced"

-Disorientation

"Accuracy, Speed, and Vision severely reduced"

It should be a relatively fast resolving moodle but not too fast so that Zed can get a good ol' chomp ;)

This is a really good idea, would be hard to balance though.

I agree. A very good Idea, but possibly game braking or player crippling in this context. Could it be maybe added as an effect followed from other moodles? Extremely tired, and hungry or a bad fever plus exhausted etc. Or do you think should it be incorporated within those moodles without a moodle of it's own?

This is a really good idea, would be hard to balance though.

I agree. A very good Idea, but possibly game braking or player crippling in this context. Could it be maybe added as an effect followed from other moodles? Extremely tired, and hungry or a bad fever plus exhausted etc. Or do you think should it be incorporated within those moodles without a moodle of it's own?

sounds better that way IMO. We already have panic and hungry and drunk as states that all could involve dizziness at some point or state. questione is, integrated into that state or as seperate moodle? I'd say if you are super hungry, almost starving hungry, then you might get dizzy. dizziness because of panic could be a negative trait (which I would never choose^^) because becoming dizzy around zeds might just be the last thing you do :P

Maybe if you keep turning on the spot for several seconds, you can get a dizzy moodle that makes you stumble for a bit afterwards.

There could also be what you guys have suggested, after being drunk or hungry you would have several moodles of different intensities .

• 1 month later...

Ooh! Why not make spinning around very slightly reduce boredom, in addition to making the player dizzy? For obvious reasons, it wouldn't stack or anything. Or just make dizziness slightly reduce boredom. I don't know.

That would be a cool little feature. 

Well I wouldn't mind having this implemented considering how often I do this in the game with without any cons. It just needs to be balanced to a point to ensure you don't end up passing out from spinning too much.

Ooh! Why not make spinning around very slightly reduce boredom, in addition to making the player dizzy? For obvious reasons, it wouldn't stack or anything. Or just make dizziness slightly reduce boredom. I don't know.

That would be a cool little feature. 

Well I wouldn't mind having this implemented considering how often I do this in the game with without any cons. It just needs to be balanced to a point to ensure you don't end up passing out from spinning too much.

I think the player character should be able to collapse and struggle to walk after spinning too much, for a certain amount of time. :P

I think the player character should be able to collapse and struggle to walk after spinning too much, for a certain amount of time. :P

Well that is basically the same effect as being wasted minus the falling down (which I do hope is implemented later on). e655HZo.gif