types of Zombies..

Tenacity

Hi all.

well, i'm reading the forum in recently, reading the ideas , and this motivated me to share some opinions.

I didn't find another thread with this idea, if it already exist, let me know.

so, types of zombies:

*zombies that can climb walls(could be the only type of zombies that can go through windows at second floor of buildings or higher)could make then die faster in order to balance the dificulty.

*Zombies that atract other zombies by shouts of pain.

*Zombies that is dificult to die, but has the speed moviment reduced. (Tank zombies)

If my idea is included in "the big no's", sorry for that,I read something there talking about "especial zombies", but dont think that the types of zombies said here are especial. well thank you.

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOPENOPENOPE NONONONON NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOPPPPE 

There will NEVER EVER EVER be  "special" zombies. 

PLEASE read this before posting! http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

I think some of these are in to a degree. Zonk moans already draw the attention of others in the area, and some zonks are slower/faster and frailer/tougher than their fellows. Furthermore, zonks can also flop through windows if they break or open them.

zonk.jpg

@OP the ones you describe would definitely be "special" zombies. The PZ zombies are strictly based on Max Brooks/George A. Romero type beings which are resurrected humans with all the same strengths and weaknesses as us (except they don't die that easily :/ ).

What's always the matter with "special zombies". They are the most immersion (and therefore in this case game-)breaking thing i know. It makes me roll eyes at resident evil and makes me stop playing L4D after one round. A big fat zombie running around puking on people or "blowing himself up????" Instead of eating their brains? Dafuq o.O?!? Why should raising from the dead grow my tongue 10m long? Must've been helluva ladiesman in his living. Why spit acid? Zombies are flesh and bone too so they would be a puddle before even trying to. Every concept of "special infected" already sounds silly. Im not meaning to be rude.

The only thing plausible would be "small" variations in speed, strength and health just like with normal people (that they were before). And maybe im mistaking but i guess thats already there.

What the developers are aiming is for zombies which were no different from humans with the only exception that they want to kill you.

Bottom line no wall climbing zombies or shouters :)

Yeah, I don't think special zombies like in L4D would work in PZ.  But I think something like police zombies in riot gear could be a "tough" type that moves slow, or a zombie in his/her underwear could be your "nimble" zombie that runs faster and climbs walls.(although i wouldn't want to see this type)

Hm. Would suggesting "multiple assorted traits randomly applied to all zombies" go against the "no special zombies" thing? I mean, not all humans are created equally, so a handful of subtle traits (vision+, vision-, hearing+, hearing-, etc... distributed by a weight) wouldn't be too far out of left field, would it? Yes, it MIGHT allow for mods to add stuff, but on its own, would only shake up the player's tactics a bit in-game. Probably would require a rewrite of the generation engine, so also probably definitely a "not going to happen," but I wanted to put this out there.

Miley Cyrus Zombie which Licks and twerks you to death, then sings Wrecking Ball after killing you?

Easy there, man. You trying to give me a heart attack?

I can just imagine some zombie girl running down the street singing "I came in like a wrecking baaaal!" and then pouncing onto your body. If nothing else it would be quite amusing.

Miley Cyrus Zombie which Licks and twerks you to death, then sings Wrecking Ball after killing you?

Easy there, man. You trying to give me a heart attack?

I can just imagine some zombie girl running down the street singing "I came in like a wrecking baaaal!" and then pouncing onto your body. If nothing else it would be quite amusing.

Or maybe they could have a Morgan Freeman zombie which just watches you getting eaten whilst narrating your suffering.

"Slowly as you scream in agony, they begin sinking their jagged teeth deep into your jugular. Beneath the brooding groans of the hoard, you cry for help. Then you watch as your intestines are clawed out of your abdomen. Your screams begin slowly fading away, leaving behind the squelching sounds of the ensuing feast. You are now dead. I am Morgan Freeman. Thank you for listening." 

Hm. Would suggesting "multiple assorted traits randomly applied to all zombies" go against the "no special zombies" thing? I mean, not all humans are created equally, so a handful of subtle traits (vision+, vision-, hearing+, hearing-, etc... distributed by a weight) wouldn't be too far out of left field, would it? Yes, it MIGHT allow for mods to add stuff, but on its own, would only shake up the player's tactics a bit in-game. Probably would require a rewrite of the generation engine, so also probably definitely a "not going to happen," but I wanted to put this out there.

Nope, not at all, it might even be in the game already (some zombies are definitely faster) but it is just not that noticeable.

Yeah, I don't think special zombies like in L4D would work in PZ.  But I think something like police zombies in riot gear could be a "tough" type that moves slow, or a zombie in his/her underwear could be your "nimble" zombie that runs faster and climbs walls.(although i wouldn't want to see this type)

The first one is confirmed but will be more fluid then preset types. If you can wear it, zombies can too.

The second one is a bit more complex.

A zombie in underwear? Yes.

Zombies in underwear are faster and can climb? NO.

A general rule of thumb with "special zombies": Is it realistic? Can a human do it? (it is complicated by the fact that zombies aren't real but just use common sense and your knowledge of PZ lore to fill in the gaps.)

Only special zombies should be those with gear on when they died of course. Finding paramedics dragging a ragged med kit, riot gear equipped zombies, or the (quite rare) hazmat suit zombie would be quite the nice immersive touch.

But remember, in the end, the only differences between 'special' zombies and the standard would be their appearance, and the type of loot you can grab off them. No powers or what not :P

Only special zombies should be those with gear on when they died of course. Finding paramedics dragging a ragged med kit, riot gear equipped zombies, or the (quite rare) hazmat suit zombie would be quite the nice immersive touch.

But remember, in the end, the only differences between 'special' zombies and the standard would be their appearance, and the type of loot you can grab off them. No powers or what not :P

Some more to add-

• Fire service:
  • Firemen with turnout gear
  • Fireman with turnout gear and helmet
  • Fireman with turnout gear, SCBA and helmet
  • Fireman without turnout gear
  • Fireman with hazmat suit
  • Fire chief
  • Fire helicopter pilot
  • Fire call center technician
  • Construction:
  • Construction worker with yellow hardhat
  • Construction worker with yellow hardhat and safety vest
  • Construction worker without shirt
  • Construction worker without hardhat
  • Site Foreman with Blue hardhat
  • Site supervisor with white hardhat
  • Site architect with red hardhat

• Police:
  • Police officer
  • Police officer with motorcycle helmet
  • Police officer with riot gear
  • Police officer with bulletproof vest
  • Detective
  • Police officer with Swat gear
  • Detective with bulletproof vest 
  • Detective with riot gear
  • Senior police officer
  • Police call center technician
  • Police helicopter pilot

Just some basic presets, nothing on loot. May add more later.

I agree with zombies in riot gear being tougher to kill, dunno if they'd be slower though since really zombies don't give a shit about weight so even if it's damaging their body to keep at their normal speed, they'd do it anyway.

I think that's about the extent of 'special' zombies I'd like to see, no weird mutated zeds though or zeds with guns or anything like that.  That being said (and as said above), 'special' zombies could also refer to zombies in uniform (police, fireman, ambulance, doctor, construction worker, businessman, zombies in sportswear, etc) to reflect that this world was full of people who actually had jobs and stuff.