Sleeping Overhaul (DOES NOT WORK WITH STEAM FFS)

RoboMat

This is an awesome mod! I really like it!
BUT in my experience, once you install it you can't place more "sheet ropes" (i don't know why, you are still able to use existing ones).

I have the lastest version of the steam game, if it is NOT 2.9.9.10 then just ignore my post (i still don't know how to check what version i have).

The version is displayed in the main menu but only since a few versions. So if you don't have the verison in the main menu, chances are you aren't playing the newest build.

This mods only works with the version straight off desura - at least last time I've checked. Not sure when the update will be finished, as I have had some problems with the code ;)

Oh i see, the only number i have on the main menu is 17(0012a)... and i just re-downloaded the game today, so maybe Steam is some version behind Desura. Anyway, i'll try it again as soon as you update it.
(or more likely i'll keep unistalling and installing the mod when i need to build ropes, since i really like it... and now i know how to "clean" the game if i make a mess)

Oh i see, the only number i have on the main menu is 17(0012a)... and i just re-downloaded the game today, so maybe Steam is some version behind Desura. Anyway, i'll try it again as soon as you update it.

(or more likely i'll keep unistalling and installing the mod when i need to build ropes, since i really like it... and now i know how to "clean" the game if i make a mess)

You have the newest version - Steam will always have the newest versions ;) But this mod was written for the OLD Desura version and that's why it doesn't work with Steam ;)

This will not work on the steam version .. no mod.info file

That's why it says "only works with 2.9.9.10 atm" in the title ;)

I had a thought back when I was first reading about the game and how the exhaustion system works. And this popped back in my head when reading about your mod. Basically, is there any way to balance tiredness/exhaustion with agitation/anxiety? My thinking is that even if you're beyond tired and haven't slept it 2 days, if you're currently being chased by a hoard of zombies there's no possible way you're just going to magically pass out. The adrenaline rush will keep you going until you get to a point where you can stop and catch your breath for a second.

In the upcoming version I totally seperated the modded fatigue from the vanilla one, so basically: yes I could do that ;)

The problem is balancing it, because people could exploit it by being constantly stressed out to never get tired.

Nice!

On balancing: good point. What if it only works that way on max (extreme) panic? That way as soon as you go into a building or put enough separation that it drops strong panic, or maybe panic, you can then pass out. I imagine it'd be relatively difficult to maintain constant extreme panic for an extended period of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I've only just registered, but I've got to say this mod looks amazing! :shock:

I don't want to pressure the author or anything, but I was wondering if there is any plan to update this mod to the current Steam version?

The idea of being able to sleep anywhere sure is tempting...escpecially for a realism maniac like me! :-D

Thanks again for your hard work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Incredible mod. I like the different levels of sleep mechanic and how other health factors affect your sleep. People take sleep hygiene very seriously in real life and I believe this mod should be implemented in the base game. Perhaps there could be additional negative traits such as:

• Pampered - dislikes sleeping in anything other than a bed (Increases unhappiness)
  • Loud Snorer - creates noises during sleep

It would be interesting to add an insomnia mechanic but in the world of zombies, I would assume that most people would be having trouble sleeping due to pain, stress, grief...

Well I got rid of the Utility.lua file, which is included in the base game if I'm not mistaken.

I probably put a mod info there if it was missing, put all files and folders from media/lua/Mods/SleepingOverhaul into media/lua/, and it works.

Well I got rid of the Utility.lua file, which is included in the base game if I'm not mistaken.

I probably put a mod info there if it was missing, put all files and folders from media/lua/Mods/SleepingOverhaul into media/lua/, and it works.

It works partially ... but any new tiles since 2.9.9.10 won't be recognized and there will probably be some other problems because I overwrite some of the vanilla code ;)

Actually I have the basic framework for version 2.0 ready. It is a bit more elaborate, e.g. your character actually develops a sleeping schedule.

I mean, I could update it without the "sleep everywhere" feature... Also with the mapping tools out, I should have an easy access to the sprite names and could even update that :S

When I first made this mod I ran around the map and clicked on every sprite I found and printed it to the console ... needless to say that I wouldn't want to do that ever again ^^

Well if it's not much of a hassle, you can release the 2.0 framework (numbers make things look so good :D) with the character schedule (I long to see that by the way) along with the old sprite list you have. Then when you have the time, you add the missing sprites. Or like you say, the sleeping overhaul without the sleeping everywhere :P

But I understand that someone like to release a full - near complete - working version ^^

Smart by spirit ;)

French Translate :

Traduction Française :

WORK IN PROGRESS SO DON'T CHANGE OR REPLACE ANYTHING IN YOUR FILES FOR NOW !

TRAVAIL EN COURS NE CHANGEZ RIEN DANS VOS FICHIERS POUR LE MOMENT !

File : SleepingOverhaul_Text.lua

-- ================================================-- SLEEPING OVERHAUL-- by RoboMat---- Created: 28.07.2013 - 22:39-- ================================================Sleeping_Text = {};-- Context menu entriesSleeping_Text.bed = "Sleep in Bed" = "Dormir sur le lit"Sleeping_Text.couch = "Sleep on Couch" = "Dormir sur le canapé"Sleeping_Text.armchair = "Sleep in Armchair" = "Dormir dans le fauteuil"Sleeping_Text.chair = "Sleep on Chair" = "Dormir sur la chaise"Sleeping_Text.bench = "Sleep on Bench" = "Dormir sur le banc"Sleeping_Text.bathtub = "Sleep in Bathtub" = "Dormir dans la baignoire"Sleeping_Text.toilet = "Sleep on Toilet" = "Dormir sur les toilettes"Sleeping_Text.floor = "Sleep on Floor" = "Dormir sur le sol"Sleeping_Text.treatmentTable = "Sleep on Treatment Table" = "Dormir sur la table"Sleeping_Text.tent = "Sleep in Tent" = "Dormir dans la tente"Sleeping_Text.failsafe = "Sleep here" = "Dormir...là ?!"-- Modal entriesSleeping_Text.modalNap = "Do you want to take a nap?" = "voulez-vous faire une sieste ?"Sleeping_Text.modalSleep = "Do you want to sleep?" = "Voulez-vous dormir ?"Sleeping_Text.forcedWakeStress = "You wake up early, bathed in sweat..." = "Vous vous réveillez tôt, en sueur..."Sleeping_Text.forcedWakePanic = "You wake up screaming..." = "Vous vous réveillez en hurlant !"Sleeping_Text.forcedWakeUnhappy = "You wake up, feeling depressed..." = "Vous vous réveillez tôt...morose..."Sleeping_Text.oversleptWake = "You overslept." = "vous avez dormi"Sleeping_Text.restedWake = "You wake up well rested." = "vous vous réveillez frais et dispo !"Sleeping_Text.regainConsciousness = "You regain consciousness..." = "Vous reprenez conscience"-- TraitsSleeping_Text.campingEnthusiast = "Camping Enthusiast" = "Amateur de Camping"Sleeping_Text.campingEnthusiast_descr = "Countless camping trips made the Camping Enthusiast\naccustomed to sleeping in tents.\nSleeping in a tent is as comfortable as in a bed." = "Les camping à la pêche du dimanche ont fait de vous un Amateur du Camping \nhabitué à Dormir dans une Tente.\nDormir aussi confortablement dans une tente que dans un lit."Sleeping_Text.chairMan = "Chair Man" = "La Dame Pipi"Sleeping_Text.chairMan_descr = "Has perfectioned the art of sleeping on chairs during his nightshift hours.\nChairs have the same comfortability as sofas for the Chair Man." = "Durant vos longues journées devant les toilettes, vous avez perfectionné l'art de dormir sur une chaise, Dame Pipi quel dur métier !\nLes Chaises ont le même confort que les canapés pour la Dame Pipi !"-- HERE it's not the official Security guard profession who was planned?? For Now in French I will to call the "PII WOMAN" in French "la dame pipi", in Europe in more in past but always in some country a woman wait in front of WC for clean and people have to give tips to enter, so of course there was A CHAIR