Season-Based Plant Growth

Strider

At the moment. I'm trying to keep my current save running. My guy has survived for nearly 2 months but at the moment I don't want to play my character because my potatoes and tomatoes are about to run out and frankly, I have no interest in going back through the farming thing.

Bring on the farming NPC's is what I say!

I think little changes could help players (like me) who enjoy the survivalist aspect of PZ but don't enjoy PZ farmville. Or to be more specific. I find farming boring but think that having NPC's do it is inspired.

Ok, my suggestion, and I think it'd be a really simple one for a coder to fix, please correct me if this is incorrect RobertJohnson / PZ coding team. Make it so the berries are seasonal and grow back.

Picking berries isn't a great deal of fun either but it's better than farming and it let's me keep my character living through the months.

I'd love to hear anything back from the PZ team on this. Am I wrong to think this would be easy to implement?

Either way, if you could let me know, that'd be great. If not, I'll sit tight until the next update

Nom Nom Nom, berries!

y90RypI.jpg

I believe that NPCs are one of the first major updates planned for after the general round of bug patches and optimizations that the devs are currently doing. So NPC slave monkeys doing your farming for you is supposed to come Soon

Guys,

Off topic. I just want to drag this thread back to the subject I wanted it to be about. Berries. 

I agree with you. I'm really keen to see NPC's back but that wasn't what this thread was started for.

Look at the baby, that's berries, not blood. It's not a zombie baby!

Well sure, they can grow strawberries too.

*runs away*

Joking aside... Dunno if they're planning on making berries renewable any time soon. I know it's in the pipe works, but I don't know when exactly they plan to get around to it.

I imagine it will be something they do, like most suggestions it's a case of "it'll most likely be coming" but such as life when the game is in flux like this. I would imagine you would need quite the regrowth time to stop people from relying on berries and abandoning farming. Maybe add poison berries?  :evil:

I imagine it will be something they do, like most suggestions it's a case of "it'll most likely be coming" but such as life when the game is in flux like this. I would imagine you would need quite the regrowth time to stop people from relying on berries and abandoning farming. Maybe add poison berries?  :evil:

For me it's just a quick fix until NPC's arrive. 

For me it's just a quick fix until NPC's arrive. 

I think most of us are pretty doubtful if berry regrowth will be implemented any time before NPCs, so I don't think it will quite be the carryover fix you're hoping for.

Also, on a side note, from a developer's perspective, I don't think berry regrowth is quite as simple to implement as you are hoping/making it out to be. Being a bit of a nerd when it comes to AI programming myself, in my opinion, it would probably be easier to implement the basic NPC farming than it would to repopulate the berries - depending of course on how easy it is to queue events into the timeline on a seasonal or set period.

I mentioned something similar a while back, an idea to bring in multiple 'seasonal foods' that would be available each year. Berries were among the list of seasonal foods:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2366-seasonal-offerings-food-preservation/

I like the idea of NPC's also growing, harvesting, finding food. Also fighting over food :P.